Quantcast
Secret TPP trade deal...Harper attempting to ram it through in 24 hours. - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Secret TPP trade deal...Harper attempting to ram it through in 24 hours.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Judging by post count you are the majority of the political section FYI. You should use your brain for rationale and reason instead of fear and insults, you'd probably learn something along the way if you weren't so close minded. Saying everything the Conservatives do is wrong just because they did it is about as smart as saying it's dark out at high noon just because your eyes are closed.
    lol. hilarious. What happened to.your ability to reason? lol. Are you a heavy drug user? anneurism? Did you make it through high school? Jees man. wake the fuck up.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

ooo burn. Are you going to ask if he is retarded next?

speaking of highschool, did your insults ever make it past junior high?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Judging by post count you are the majority of the political section FYI. You should use your brain for rationale and reason instead of fear and insults, you'd probably learn something along the way if you weren't so close minded. Saying everything the Conservatives do is wrong just because they did it is about as smart as saying it's dark out at high noon just because your eyes are closed.
    Honest question. Why do you bother?

You know how this will go, he'll completely ignore what you post then insult you and take a shot at either Harper, the Conservatives or most likely both.

Over the years this forum has had a number of users kind of "loose it" in front of our eyes, James Stewart, Arash, Thales, I think it's pretty clear at this point Toma's behavior here is a manifestation of something bigger. I think it's likely there's some mental health issues going on. The obnoxious behavior, the fact the concept of his own massive hypocrisy seems to elude him. It's actually become pretty sad.
    Last edited by rx7_turbo2; 10-06-2015 at 02:28 PM.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Honest question. Why do you bother?

You know how this will go, he'll completely ignore what you post then insult you and take a shot at either Harper, the Conservatives or most likely both.

Over the years this forum has had a number of users kind of "loose it" in front of our eyes, James Stewart, Arash, Thales, I think it's pretty clear at this point Toma's behavior here is a manifestation of something bigger. I think it's likely there's some mental health issues going on. The obnoxious behavior, the fact the concept of his own massive hypocrisy seem to elude him. It's actually become pretty sad.
    ahem... alleged hypocrisy.

But carry on, google psychiatrists are just as entertaining as google economists, and scientists, and political scientists. lol.

My Ride
    You Crazy

http://canadians.org/blog/tpp-profits-patients

The news yesterday that the secretive Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations have concluded is one that should worry Canadians, especially in regards to the relationship between intellectual property rights (IP) and pharmaceuticals (the text of the TPP includes 29 chapters, only five of which are about trade). Even the likes of Paul Krugman have changed their tune and stated, “this is not a trade agreement. It’s about intellectual property and dispute settlement; the big beneficiaries are likely to be pharma companies and firms that want to sue governments.” Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz recently added that, “you will hear much about the importance of the TPP for 'free trade.' The reality is that this is an agreement to manage its members’ trade and investment relations – and to do so on behalf of each country’s most powerful business lobbies. Make no mistake: It is evident from the main outstanding issues, over which negotiators are still haggling, that the TPP is not about “free” trade.”

In many ways this deal follows the same hollow rhetoric and predacious IP changes that we have seen in CETA; it is no exaggeration to say that these deals put corporate profits far ahead at the expense of patients wellbeing, regulatory independence, and sound public health policy (for a more in depth review of CETA and healthcare see more here). It should be highlighted that if you had to pick the biggest loser in the TPP (among many), it is likely patients and providers in developing countries. Doctors without borders has explained that the, “TPP will still go down in history as the worst trade agreement for access to medicines in developing countries, which will be forced to change their laws to incorporate abusive intellectual property protections for pharmaceutical companies.” For example, longer exclusivity periods for drugs and changes to current practices which include generic drugs will put a huge pressure on the budgets of many countries in the deal and significantly reduce access to life saving drugs. In Vietnam for example, the poorest country in the TPP, it is estimated that 45,000 people could stop getting drugs to fight HIV because of provisions that will boost the price of therapy (68 percent of Vietnam’s eligible HIV patients currently receive treatment, but post-TPP only 30 percent could retain access to antiretrovirals).

My Ride
    8P 3.2

^^^ did ya google that?

can someone give me coles notes? will i be busted for d/l pRon?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Here's the latest Coles notes from CBC...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada-electi...wski-1.3258048

The odd man out was NDP Leader Tom Mulcair, who seemed much angrier about the effects on the dairy and auto sectors than the dairy and auto sectors.

Mulcair greeted the news as if it were, indeed, the catastrophe that was advertised. In the auto sector, he thundered, "Twenty thousand jobs will be lost!"

He went on, "While Justin Trudeau goes along with Stephen Harper's secret deal, selling out our auto workers and our farming families, I repeat again, I will not be bound by Stephen Harper's secret deals."
    Replace Mulcair with Toma.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    You Crazy

Here PHD/Nobel Economist, Joseph Stiglitz.

I know JRScool is smarter, but this guy is almost as good.

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/st..._lsa=7d62-4cd2

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

You sure don't like people opposing your point of view hey? Poor fella.... That's OK, keep cherry picking opinions that support yourself, the rest of us will wait and reserve judgement for the FACTS. Of which you have reviewed none.

If you possessed a shred of reading comprehension you'd see that once again I haven't made a position, because we don't know the facts (as your own article again mentions), I just question your continued rant against anything Harper does. You don't care about reality, you care about hating Harper. Real intellectual buddy.

Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 10-07-2015 at 08:08 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by rage2

At least we're just enabling whatever is going on with Toma now..
    -U

My Ride
    Bicycle

Mulcair came undone in the final furlong. At least Trudeau reserved judgement until he had analyze the deal.

Bloc need to come back and end the NDP. At least we know where they stand.

I have never before read anything from Terry Milewski that was so apologetic to Harper.

Mulcair must really be losing it when even the CBC is unable to defend his actions.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by sputnik
    Mulcair must really be losing it when even the CBC is unable to defend his actions.
    I think CBC is on Liberal's side. Not NDP.

Originally posted by Xtrema

I think CBC is on Liberal's side. Not NDP.
    CBC is ABC to get their funding. But now it seems CBC is trying to unite the left for strategic voting for the Liberals.

The Green Energy Act and the Liberals are what is killing the auto industry in Ontario.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/824051

Concerns expressed by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne over Ontario’s hydro costs have been echoed by Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens.

On Friday at the Toronto Global Forum, Marchionne said the province needs to change the playing field for business.

“I think you need to create the conditions to be competitive,” Marchionne said after sitting beside Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne during the conference luncheon.

“We’re fully aware of the fact that this proposal on pensions and cap and trade and all this stuff … these are all things that add cost to the running of operations, they don’t come for free.”

Marchionne made some good points, Dilkens said Sunday.

“The comments made by Sergio Marchionne are consistent with what we’re hearing,” Dilkens said.

“It’s concerning. Because everything that puts us at a disadvantage, it’s concerning.”

Windsor and Essex County recently lost two bids for multibillion-dollar auto investments and thousands of new jobs after Volvo Cars and Jaguar Land Rover Ltd. opted to build assembly plants in lower-cost jurisdictions in the U.S.

“We need to be as a community, as a province, we need to be in a position of strength,” Dilkens said.

“All of these things really need to be thought through in our ability to attract investment.”

Marchionne said the situation needs to be rectified and Ontario needs to “benchmark these calculations of what you’re doing against what’s otherwise available outside Ontario.

“I think we had confirmation of the fact that the argument is not falling on deaf ears. If you had to ask me today, I would expect that sense would prevail,” Marchionne said.

Marchionne, who brought Fiat and Chrysler together at the height of the financial crisis, has been pushing for major auto mergers to help rein in the escalating cost of building vehicles.

He characterized his meeting with Wynne as cordial.

“The premier was incredibly responsive and willing to accept feedback from the industry,” Marchionne said.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

CBC is like any business who lobby's government, they are supporting whichever party is likely to make their business more successful. That's just good business.

Except in CBC's case it is more blatant as they are literally just supporting the party that promises to give them more money directly. Since they refuse to operate on any reasonable funding model.

For some reason when businesses do it people scream bloody murder but when the CBC does it its somehow interpreted as sticking up for the little guy. The little guy who's staff consists of more multi millionaires than most large oil companies.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    You Crazy

TPP puts Big Pharma above government in Canadian Health care.

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/fact...-health-system

My Ride
    You Crazy

Mulcair: 'They played him like a chump'

on Harpers negotiating skills hahaha.

How acrruate!

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...fic-trade-deal

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Gilles Duceppe, leader of the separatist Bloc Quebecois party, referred twice to "Art Carney" alluding to corporations sitting on cash piles.

It took Liberal leader Justin Trudeau to let him know he must have been speaking about Mark Carney, who used to head the Bank of Canada and now is at the Bank of England.

Art Carney co-starred with Jackie Gleason in the comedy "The Honeymooners."
    http://news.yahoo.com/canada-politic...-business.html
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast