Quantcast
IT work off hours - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: IT work off hours

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Default IT work off hours

Good day all

Anyone know a contractor that has off hours work. Nights and weekend contracts? Specifically IT work.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Re: IT work off hours

Originally posted by snoop101
    Good day all

Anyone know a contractor that has off hours work. Nights and weekend contracts? Specifically IT work.
    Confused, are you looking for a contractor, or you looking for a company that needs contracting that you provide?

I do IT contract work off hours and weekends.

My Ride

Sorry i'm looking to do the work. I only work a 7 hour day and find I could easy do short contracts on the side to make a bit more money.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Sorry i'm looking to do the work. I only work a 7 hour day and find I could easy do short contracts on the side to make a bit more money.
    There are sites dedicated to this type of work, but they are often proposal based. Someone will say they want something done, how much they are willing to pay for the whole job, and then you do a little writeup on why they should choose you and if selected, you get to do the job. www.guru.com is one of the ones I used before.

For me, with the filter I had set, most of the jobs were coding, so not my thing, but I did get contacted on there by someone who saw that I was in Calgary and now I do work for them regularly. If it's a local client and you do a good job once, they may just come back to you for more.

My Ride

Originally posted by eblend

There are sites dedicated to this type of work, but they are often proposal based. Someone will say they want something done, how much they are willing to pay for the whole job, and then you do a little writeup on why they should choose you and if selected, you get to do the job. www.guru.com is one of the ones I used before.

For me, with the filter I had set, most of the jobs were coding, so not my thing, but I did get contacted on there by someone who saw that I was in Calgary and now I do work for them regularly. If it's a local client and you do a good job once, they may just come back to you for more.
    I'll check that out. In the past I have just used recruiting companies that get random 2-3 day projects. I reached out to some, but no luck yet. Just going to keep looking and like you said once you do one or two then you will pick up more and more.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I'll check that out. In the past I have just used recruiting companies that get random 2-3 day projects. I reached out to some, but no luck yet. Just going to keep looking and like you said once you do one or two then you will pick up more and more.
    With some many IT people on the street, you having primary income may not be considered for these gigs because you are not desperate enough to keep your rate low.

On top of that, much like 2009, most IT projects are on hold, delayed or outright cancelled, there isn't as many jobs out there.

Just throwing that out there.

My Ride

Originally posted by Xtrema

With some many IT people on the street, you having primary income may not be considered for these gigs because you are not desperate enough to keep your rate low.

On top of that, much like 2009, most IT projects are on hold, delayed or outright cancelled, there isn't as many jobs out there.

Just throwing that out there.
    I kinda figured so and most likely the reason I have not seen too many emails from recruiters with opportunities.