Quantcast
Russia jumping into the Syrian civil war - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Russia jumping into the Syrian civil war

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Toma

How many Hospitals, and Doctors Without Borders, and UN workers have the Soviets bombed "by accident" in this conflict?
    Originally posted by Feruk

You don't seriously think the CRUISE MISSILES they launched at Raqqa were accurate enough to avoid collateral damage, do you??
    Lets try again.

Originally posted by Feruk

You don't seriously think the CRUISE MISSILES they launched at Raqqa were accurate enough to avoid collateral damage, do you??
    Russia hit a civilian jet liner with 100% accuracy. I'm sure their cruise missiles are just as accurate.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by LOLzilla

Russia hit a civilian jet liner with 100% accuracy. I'm sure their cruise missiles are just as accurate.

That was the new Ukraine government.

My Ride
    NC1

What has America done? Let's see what mother Russia can do now. Go Putin!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    G6

Lets try again.
    Dude, they've been at it less than a week, and the place the cruise missiles hit has absolutely no Western staff or reporters. Give them time. The Russians will get their collateral damage count up pretty quick I'm sure.

Anyway, you avoided both questions...

My Ride
    You Crazy

What's the point of questions, when YOU or anyone doesn't even know the answers.

So you are talking what iffs, and ass umptions, versus a proven and recent track record of lies, deceit, and "bad aim".

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by max_boost
    What has America done? Let's see what mother Russia can do now. Go Putin!
    Agreed. America fucks shit up, creates Bin Laden's Al Quada, creates ISIS, promotes instability, supports Saudi and other dictators when it suits them, engages in active meddling and overthrows in sovereign nations...

Versus Putin. The man that gets the job done.

That was the new Ukraine government.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by codetrap
    Man, Putin is pretty well spoken.
    Putin is very eloquent in his assertions here (and others) but dont let that fool you for a second that he isnt a very cunning former KGB operative. Charms are part of the trade.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I presume you are talking about the one over Ukraine...maybe Russia backed rebels, but not Russia itself, at least not this time around. They have shot a few our of the sky back in the day for reals, but so have the Americans.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Versus Putin. The man that gets the job done.
    This statement is pretty justified too, squashes 2 back-to-back civil wars on his southern homefront early in his presidency, takes Crimea with the consequences being more or less just sanctions. I think the world is just going to have to wait to see what happens.

This kind of explains his basic agenda:

I think finally the Syrian military has a significant, willing and professionally-trained ally to coordinate a proper push on the ground to take back a lot of its country, something that wasn't happening with NATO and a collaboration that would never happen nonetheless since they want to see Assad gone anyways.

The rebels are the closest target in terms of the relative AO in which the government can start pushing out from (western and NW Syria) as well as being a significant political threat to the government if they manage to get any stronger, IS poses no political threat to the regime so it's not a priority at the moment. The world is going to expect significant results from all this though I'm guessing.

This is still somewhat of an interesting viewpoint too, totally believable in terms of strategy, that Assad wants to squash the rebellion before taking on IS, some very true statements made here:

In each raid, there were three Russian Mig-31 jets. That’s our main arms depot, where we supply all our units. At the same exact time—5:30 p.m.—ISIS sent a car bomb against us in Deir Jemal, against our base. This is about 130 kilometers away from Mansoura.” An earlier ISIS attack against a Suqour al-Jabal frontline position, he added, occurred in Ehres, also in western Aleppo, at around 3 o'clock. But ISIS locations in the province, no doubt equally visible from the air, were left unscathed by the Russians.

In the last week, less than 10% of all Russian missiles (and now ship-borne cruise missiles) has struck ISIS or al-Qaeda-affiliated targets, according to the U.S. State Department. What is a consensus view among analysts is that ISIS clearly is not Putin’s quarry in Syria, at least not yet, because he’s too busy killing the anti-Assad rebels supported and armed by the Central Intelligence Agency. U.S. officials have acknowledged as much.

But that Moscow might actually be objectively helping ISIS defeat a common enemy by acting as air support for the jihadists’ ground assaults against U.S. proxies is less well understood, even though it fits with predictions warning that Putin’s adventure in the Levant was never going to be counterterrorist in nature.

Rather, this Russian adventure was designed to fortify a faltering client regime, possibly help it regain lost territory, and above all eliminate any credible threat to its legitimacy or long-term rule which, for the moment, ISIS does not pose.

“It’s clear that Russia’s strategy in Syria is to make the conflict binary by giving Syrians only two choices: Assad or ISIS,”
    said John Schindler, a former U.S. intelligence analyst and occasional Daily Beast contributor. “Attacks on the FSA, while encouraging defections to the regime, are a key component of how Russia operationalizes its strategy for Syria. Russia has excellent intelligence on Syria, especially from signals intelligence, and is using this to target FSA and others in a manner that the U.S. government can do little about now. Joint operations with ISIS are to be expected, some with intent, some by default, and should not surprise given the extent of regime intelligence penetration of [ISIS].”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...air-force.html
    Just thought about it too, now that Russia is directly and publicly involved with hitting IS, will that spark a rebirth in Northern Caucasus jihadism again? There supposedly was a $10k-$13k bounty offered for the capture of any Russian military personel in Syria apparently, with reports that a number of Chechnyan fighters were on the move to the Government held areas recently.

Edit: Someone was talking about Russian weapons inaccuracies? speak of the devil I guess:

Washington (CNN)—A number of cruise missiles launched from a Russian ship and aimed at targets in Syria have crashed in Iran, two U.S. officials told CNN Thursday.

Monitoring by U.S. military and intelligence assets has concluded that at least four missiles crashed as they flew over Iran. One official said there may be casualties, but another official said this is not yet known.

It's unclear where in Iran the missiles landed. The Russian ships have been positioned in the south Caspian Sea, meaning the likely flight path for missiles into Syria would cross over both Iran and Iraq.

The Russians have been firing a relatively new cruise missile called "Kaliber," using it for the first time in combat.

Iran's semi-official FARS news agency, however, said that neither Russian nor Iranian authorities have confirmed the U.S. officials' information at this point.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/08/politi...a-landed-iran/
    Last edited by n1zm0; 10-08-2015 at 12:53 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6686856.html
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ good points in that video. Putin smokescreen, etc.

Nothing in international politics is simple.

They missed their target by an entire country

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    They missed their target by an entire country
    Right.... "At least four missiles fell as they flew over Iran, two US officials said citing military and intelligence information. ". Who, what sources?

Like they said the Russians killed civilians. before they actually fired a shot. lol

Yup, pin-point accurate cruise missiles

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/wo...-say.html?_r=1

My Ride
    You Crazy

The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss military intelligence.

and

Four cruise missiles in a barrage of 26 fired by Russia from warships in the Caspian Sea at targets in Syria crashed in a rural area of northern Iran, senior United States officials said on Thursday. Russian and Iranian officials dismissed the claim as nonsense.

lol.

hmmmm.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 01:28 PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Yeah?? The Russians bombed a Hospital? A UN Facilty? A radio station?

Links?

Toma, replace Russia with USA and you would be creating a whole new thread to mock them over it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast