Quantcast
Monthly Subscription Boxes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Monthly Subscription Boxes

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Default Monthly Subscription Boxes

Did a quick search and couldn't find a thread on the topic.

Does anyone use monthly subscription boxes?

I've noticed companies lately and they seem like neat idea. Was wondering if people actual use them. If people do, what are some good ones?

For those that have no idea what a monthly subscription boxes is... basically a company sends you a box of stuff every month. You can basically sign up for anything; clothing, socks, underwear, shaving supplies, outdoor goods, toys, makeup, scents, food...You pay a monthly subscription and typically receive a box valued higher than what you paid. Hopefully you get some good stuff to make it worth while. Some companies do quarterly boxes. Some sent you stuff to try and you send back what you don't want to pay for.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

www.lootcrate.com is pretty excellent.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I do one for my vaping stuff.

www.freshairbox.com

And then I was doing some healthy snacks but it was getting too expensive.

www.naturebox.com
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Christ I hate this whole subscription box thing. Too many people felt it was a way to make a quick buck and sell crap to people.

My girlfriend tried like 3 or 4 of them and found that a lot of the time the stuff received wasn't worth paying for it.

My Ride

Originally posted by R154
    www.lootcrate.com is pretty excellent.
    That one seems really good. I like the randomness and it seems to be good value. I'm just not into the majority of the stuff they give.

Originally posted by firebane
    Christ I hate this whole subscription box thing. Too many people felt it was a way to make a quick buck and sell crap to people.

My girlfriend tried like 3 or 4 of them and found that a lot of the time the stuff received wasn't worth paying for it.
    That's what I'm scared of. Seems like a neat idea, but not entirely sure what one will actually be worth it. Looks like there's a lot of junk.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

https://barkbox.com/ if you have a dog these are supposed to be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by NoPulp

That one seems really good. I like the randomness and it seems to be good value. I'm just not into the majority of the stuff they give.

That's what I'm scared of. Seems like a neat idea, but not entirely sure what one will actually be worth it. Looks like there's a lot of junk.
    Lootcrate is for people who just want to collect stuff to collect stuff. I was looking into it and for the cost I would just end up with a bunch of stuff I wouldn't like or use.

The wife does this with a make up company and another clothing company... The clothing company has an opt out option if you aren't a fan of what's shipping that week or month. Can't recall if it's bi weekly or monthly on the clothing one.

I think a lot of these options are best catered to woman.

My Ride

Yeah the more I look into them the more I'm not interested.

I'm not interested in socks and I don't grow enough facial hair for the shaving ones. The rest look like junk.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Used to use dollarshaveclub but now I have an electric razor. They were good though

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Do you like cured meats?

www.carnivoreclub.co (seen this on Dragons Den)
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride

I personally get barkbox for my pup.

I made a spreadsheet before signing up in order to suss out if it was worth it or not. Compare prices of what people got (and reviewed) for the past 6 months, compared them to local prices, and added it up. Most of the time the value of the barkbox was far above what it cost me. My boyfriend also loves it because it keeps me out of the pet store :P

Anyways, I think they're fun. You just have to find one that suits a hobby or interest of yours, and make sure that they're giving you good quality products, not just a collection of "samples" that you have no use for.

They are overpriced junk on average.

Sure. Maybe 30% of the box is decent, but the rest is just garbage that no one else would buy used to fill the box.