Quantcast
Bikes for Kids Charity Campaign - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bikes for Kids Charity Campaign

My Ride
    Chevy Silverado

Default Bikes for Kids Charity Campaign

Good Evening Beyond!

Dominion Lending Centres has partnered with the Calgary Fire Department (and fire departments across Canada), for our Annual Bikes for Kids Charity drive, where we are raising bikes for underprivileged children at Christmas.

The goal is to Raise over 2,500 bikes across Canada, I would love to see over 500 just from Calgary (which is what last years total was for the pilot in BC).

I am reaching out to ask for help in reaching our goal! Donations are directed to www.BikesforKids.com, where you can donate as much or as little as you are able, which will go towards the purchase of bikes, or purchase a bike for a specific age range.

We thank you in advance, and every little bit helps to put smiles on the faces of Calgary Kids!

Have a wonderful weekend and happy Thanksgiving!

Sincerely,

Todd Purcell

My Ride
    '99 Honda Civic SI

Is there any method through this to donate used bicycles? My son has outgrown his previous bike and its still in great shape.

Originally posted by str8jkt
    Is there any method through this to donate used bicycles? My son has outgrown his previous bike and its still in great shape.
    From the FAQ's:

CAN I DONATE A USED BIKE?
    No. For this Christmastime program only new bikes are accepted.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by str8jkt
    Since you can't do it for the campaign that tpurcell4 linked , Bowcycle has been running their Bikes for Kids program for like 24 years now. They take used bikes, fix them up and then send them to charities to pass out. It normally starts in the fall when everything slows down in the shop.

Link from lasts years message.

http://www.bowcycle.com/fermentum-mattis-cras-etiam/

My Ride
    '99 Honda Civic SI

Originally posted by BigDL

Since you can't do it for the campaign that tpurcell4 linked , Bowcycle has been running their Bikes for Kids program for like 24 years now. They take used bikes, fix them up and then send them to charities to pass out. It normally starts in the fall when everything slows down in the shop.

Thanks! This will work great.

My Ride
    Chevy Silverado

Originally posted by BigDL

Thank you, that is a great link! And I will pass this along to our head office as a way to improve the Bike Drive for next year!

Cheers,

Todd

My Ride
    Chevy Silverado

A quick update on the Bikes for Kids campaign! We have had great response so far, and we are excited that we well on our way of achieving our goal!

Also, some exciting updates!
    This afternoon JoAnne and Todd will be on a Radio interview with Danielle Smith on AM 770 this afternoon at 2:30pm.

Also, Saturday morning, JoAnne and Todd will be on Global's Morning Show promoting the bikes for kids campaign (our time slot should be announced to us later today!).

Thank you for all your support so far and we are excited to help put a smile on the faces of Calgary children (and across Canada) this Christmas with a brand new bike!

Have an awesome day!

JoAnne, Todd and Joseph Purcell