Quantcast
New watch purchases w/ our crappy exchange rates - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New watch purchases w/ our crappy exchange rates

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Default New watch purchases w/ our crappy exchange rates

Anyone been looking at purchasing a watch lately and been holding back due to the shitty exchange rate we have? Are you guys buying locally instead? Maybe places locally increased their prices as well too due to the crappy exchange rate? What to expect for deals?

Particularly interested to know about mid to higher level luxury Swiss watches. $4.5-10k, $10k+ etc.

Share your experience and any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Only buy local. A lot of brands are holding the cdn MSRP stable (for now) with near 1:1 against US prices.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride

Really eh? Good to know. Thanks guys.

I'll check out CJ sometime this week and see how it goes.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Let us know how it goes and what you end up with

I bought my PAM 372 in Brisbane for $9k AUD which is around $6.5k USD these days. Most places seem to have held prices with the currency fluctuations.

My Ride
    This and that.

The Breitling I picked up in the summer ended up being just over $6K CDN, while the cheapest one I could find locally was $7500 and $7000 with some shitty discounts. Check out authenticwatches.com, they seem to have the best prices available.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 01:54 PM.

My Ride
    rubbish

The watch I picked up last week is $2400 less expensive on that website after conversion

Damn you shakalaka lol

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by Cos

The only thing is that I thought it was mentioned in your purchase thread that I thought that website voids the factory warranty. Now $1500 is a good chunk of change so that may not matter, but something to keep in mind besides buying from an A.D.
    Yup, so what they do is that instead of the factory warranty card they include their own personal warranty card. So if you need any work done on the watch you have to ship it back to them (which they refund) and then they will ship it to the original factory. I guess it's a little weird cause they don't necessarily void the factory warranty as they themselves send it to the factory. They just themselves have the factory warranty and give consumers their own.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-13-2015 at 09:37 AM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by 86max
    The watch I picked up last week is $2400 less expensive on that website after conversion

Damn you shakalaka lol
    Haha sorry man should have asked. Their prices are absolutely insane, even with the bad conversion rates. I've felt like picking a few after the Breitling just because of the prices. Even with the warranty 'hassle' the savings are well worth it.

Even if you buy from the AD, my understanding is that they ship it to the original manufacturer anyway and it takes ages for it to get done. It's the same thing with this, but instead of walking in and dropping the watch to an AD you ship it back to them.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 01:54 PM.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by shakalaka

Yup, so what they do is that instead of the factory warranty card they include their own personal warranty card. So if you need any work done on the watch you have to ship it back to them (which they refund) and then they will ship it to the original factory.
    This doens't sound right. If this because they don't want anyone to know who the original Authorized Dealer is that sold the watch?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Authentic Watches have their own service guys. It doesn't get serviced at the manufacturer's service centers.

With that being said, of all the watches I've owned, I've only had 1 watch that needed warranty work (loose rotor). These things are pretty reliable.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    my bike

Originally posted by rage2
    Authentic Watches have their own service guys. It doesn't get serviced at the manufacturer's service centers.

With that being said, of all the watches I've owned, I've only had 1 watch that needed warranty work (loose rotor). These things are pretty reliable.
    Do you take them in for scheduled maintenance as per the manufacturers guidelines, or only on as as needed basis?

My Ride
    This and that.

If that is the case then they have been blatantly lying to me about it as I still have emails from them clearly stating that they send the product back to the original manufacturers so they have no control over how long it takes to get the product back.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

http://www.authenticwatches.com/info.html

We make continuous efforts to provide the highest quality of service with the lowest prices. We value you, our customer, and therefore offer the highest quality of customer service.
    All Watches Sold By AuthenticWatches.com Have Their Original Manufacturer Serial Numbers Intact.
    All Watches Sold By AuthenticWatches.com Are Guaranteed To Be Original & Authentic.
    All orders from AuthenticWatches.com will come with a Certificate of Authenticity. This certificate, with an authorized signature from AuthenticWatches.com, will verify that the watch purchased is guaranteed to be authentic. AuthenticWatches.com does not sell products in accordance to manufacturer suggested retail pricing, therefore warranties offered are facilitated through AuthenticWatches.com to save you both time and money. We have found that forwarding timepieces to the manufacturer generally took far too long to be worked on, due to manufacturers outsourcing their repairs to authorized service centers. The turn-around period for a general repair took anywhere from 8-12 weeks, often times with extra costs involved; whereas, a general repair* processed by AuthenticWatches.com generally takes 4-6 weeks. Based on our years of experience in our industry, we have developed relationships with multiple service centers to both expedite any repair, and lessen the costs involved in non-warranty issues.
    There's a lot of BS in there, manufacturers do not outsource their repairs. Everything is done in house. Not that it matters, it's not like these watches break often anyways. If they did, I wouldn't send it back to them. I'd get it serviced by the factory, or a reputable local shop that you trust.

Originally posted by 98type_r
    Do you take them in for scheduled maintenance as per the manufacturers guidelines, or only on as as needed basis?
    Only as needed.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 01:53 PM.

My Ride

Bleh. I wish I bought this watch last year when the currency was better. But I felt too busy to even look into it.

Authentic Watches has it for ~25% cheaper than CJ when all the conversion is done. Even got an all-in price later which was much better than the initial 10% off they offered.

The watch is special order and it would take 4-6 weeks for it to come. I'm not exactly in a rush so not sure it's wise to pull the trigger on this locally at a 25% price difference.

Seems like Authentic Watches is the way to go if we are talking price.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

http://www.authenticwatches.com/info.html
    If the repair info. is bullshit so be it but is everything they sell legitimately authentic?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast