Quantcast
Quick sedan that is good for 3 seasons - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick sedan that is good for 3 seasons

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

The fear of something breaking on my rs4 is high but honestly I havnt had any repairs. Knock on wood.
    I've owned it for 50k km, the knowledge that George from tunedub has one and is very reasonable to work with is great.

I'm not aware of issues with the b8 s4, but I havnt looked into it.

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by danno
    the knowledge that George from tunedub has one
    Yeah, but he doesnt have to pay for labour when something does go sideways

My Ride
    Silverado

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Whenever I see someone driving an Audi that's just old enough to be out of warranty, but not old enough for beater status, I assume they fit one of four scenarios.

1. They're wealthy and don't care about car repair bills that potentially cost more than the car is worth. They like the car so they drive it. When it breaks, they simply get it fixed. Fair enough, I admire their ability to be nonchalant about five figure repair bills.

2. They're a fantastic world-class mechanic with a garage full of VAG specific tools. They're that special, lovable type of lunatic who truly enjoys ripping their daily driver apart for an unnecessarily complex repair in an all-weekend marathon that involves completely disassembling most of the car. They don't mind that the part fails on all of them but still took 12 weeks to order in from Kyrgyzstan, or that the engineers made repair access comparable to performing brain surgery through one's anus with only a pair of needle nose pliers. I appreciate their enthusiasm, but question their sanity.

3. They're incapable of researching their purchases, or never thought to type "Audi Reliability" in to Google before making the second largest purchase of their life. They're will tell you it's a responsible purchase because it's pre-owned and "someone else paid the depreciation". You'll also hear this person say the phrase "german reliability" quite often, at least until the pin falls out of their shiny four-ringed grenade. These people I truly feel pity for, and helpfully suggest things like 'extended warranty', or 'leaving it running in forest lawn'.

4. They impulse-bought the beautifully detailed but rebuilt titled 5 year old time bomb at a 'buy-here-pay-here' 'credit rebuilder' used car lot at 20% interest because it's 'baller' and the sleazy sales-bro got the payment down to $499 by pushing the loan to 7 years with a $15k balloon. These are the ones you see with the cheap chrome knockoff rims with perfectly bald tires as they had no idea a set of 20" tires for the thing cost as much as the Corolla they traded in. The car will likely be the last straw that pushes them towards the inevitable bankruptcy around the corner, but if you're going to go broke, do it in style.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

According to CR Audi is some of the most reliable cars you can buy now.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by Aleks
    That's what they're saying. The 5-10 year old used ones right now though are bloody nightmares compared to almost anything else. It will be interesting to see if they really have turned things around, but actual results in 5-10 years will be a lot more telling than a Consumer Reports prediction that they might be better now.

My Ride
    V8s

Fucking L O L @ consumer reports being a reliable source of... well... anything.

Also @ Cos, the article you're looking at is for the V8 S4/RS4. I would own one of those cars if it wasn't for the insane timing chain/tensioner service, as well as the possibility of the engine eating itself from the inside out. Then again, they'd probably be out of my price range if they were actually reliable in the long term haha.

I was more referring to the V6T ones, I'd like to have one in DSG and Sport Diff, but I'm afraid those two specific items, although attractive, will be the most expensive and prone to failure in the medium-long term.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by Cos

I am starting to realize why I end up with Toyota or Domestic vehicles. I see things like $8k timing belt service and I go and have a cry into my coffee.
    Hmm Japanese reliability.. powerful.. 4 doors....good value....no timing belt

Should I be expecting a PM? ha ha...

My Ride
    V8s

Also, what about the V10 S6? I did some reading on them over lunch today, and it looks like they actually are pretty reliable. They have a carbon build up issue, which requires carbon cleaning every couple years, but that seems to be as far as I can tell...? I might actually look into these myself.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by carson blocks
    Whenever I see someone driving an Audi that's just old enough to be out of warranty, but not old enough for beater status, I assume they fit one of four scenarios.

1. They're wealthy and don't care about car repair bills that potentially cost more than the car is worth. They like the car so they drive it. When it breaks, they simply get it fixed. Fair enough, I admire their ability to be nonchalant about five figure repair bills.

2. They're a fantastic world-class mechanic with a garage full of VAG specific tools. They're that special, lovable type of lunatic who truly enjoys ripping their daily driver apart for an unnecessarily complex repair in an all-weekend marathon that involves completely disassembling most of the car. They don't mind that the part fails on all of them but still took 12 weeks to order in from Kyrgyzstan, or that the engineers made repair access comparable to performing brain surgery through one's anus with only a pair of needle nose pliers. I appreciate their enthusiasm, but question their sanity.

3. They're incapable of researching their purchases, or never thought to type "Audi Reliability" in to Google before making the second largest purchase of their life. They're will tell you it's a responsible purchase because it's pre-owned and "someone else paid the depreciation". You'll also hear this person say the phrase "german reliability" quite often, at least until the pin falls out of their shiny four-ringed grenade. These people I truly feel pity for, and helpfully suggest things like 'extended warranty', or 'leaving it running in forest lawn'.

4. They impulse-bought the beautifully detailed but rebuilt titled 5 year old time bomb at a 'buy-here-pay-here' 'credit rebuilder' used car lot at 20% interest because it's 'baller' and the sleazy sales-bro got the payment down to $499 by pushing the loan to 7 years with a $15k balloon. These are the ones you see with the cheap chrome knockoff rims with perfectly bald tires as they had no idea a set of 20" tires for the thing cost as much as the Corolla they traded in. The car will likely be the last straw that pushes them towards the inevitable bankruptcy around the corner, but if you're going to go broke, do it in style.
    This is amazing. Gold. Pure Gold.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Aleks
    May be true, but I can still change out the same part in a Honda 8 times (random number) for the same cost once on the same repair in an Audi. So unless you can say the Audi is 8x as reliable or more, there's no gain.

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:56 AM.

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by carson blocks

That's what they're saying. The 5-10 year old used ones right now though are bloody nightmares compared to almost anything else. It will be interesting to see if they really have turned things around, but actual results in 5-10 years will be a lot more telling than a Consumer Reports prediction that they might be better now.
    I've had mine since new. It's got 250+kms on it running a bigger turbo with way more boost and I've never had to do anything other than routine maintenance on it. I do take care of it and when I do oil changes I do a routine VAG-COM scan but honestly it's been the most reliable vehicle I've owned.

That being said I'm not sure how crazy I would be about buying a used one off someone else.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

lol i think 5 is just a deluded 3
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-15-2019 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Cos
    So thinking of selling my Cobra and picking up a sedan. Now I want a sedan that is actually quick enough to not make me pissed I got rid of my summer car. I will need space for a kid and want to daily drive it. It doesn't need to be able to get around all winter, but I do plan to winter drive it with winters sometimes. I have my truck for the bad days.

Initial thoughts were an E90 M3 but I am trying to get other options. Some of the ones proposed were a Golf-R, C63, STI, or CTS-V.

Originally posted by Cos
    Well I don't know if it counts but Tom is saying it does. Haha.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Having so many issues with my F150 I had to get rid of it. Not sure if I will replace it with another truck or a daily driver yet, picked up a winter beater for now. Won't need a 'truck' until spring for towing my trailer. May hit up Ryan tomorrow about a GTI or GTI-R and deal with the truck come spring.

First pro, the first fill up was $30. Hahaha

The post is stating you are selling your Cobra (not truck) to buy another Sedan. You want a Sadan that is "quick enough" and you plan on keeping your truck.

From the message seems you sold the truck for a winter beater, you were looking for more luxury highend cars such as the E90 and STI.. etc etc.

I don't think a car a fraction of the price really qualifies since it's just in a completely different category.

"Hey man gunna buy some exotic car, suggestions?"

"Oh ya so I decided to buy a winter beater"

/soreloser

Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

>Wants to sell Mustang, buy performance sedan
    >Sells truck, buys a J-body
    >Not a Mar thread

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast