Quantcast
What type of laser guns does CPS use - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What type of laser guns does CPS use

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Default What type of laser guns does CPS use

Looking at getting a laser jammer. Does anyone know what type of guns CPS uses? I know up in Edmonton, they use Dragon eye

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 09:58 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    changes daily :D

i'm just guessing here but if he does a lot of driving in the city i could totally understand how it could be useful. stoney trail would be a great example if you have a heavy foot......

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Save your money, and don't drive like a fuck wad. I can't see you encountering so many laser traps on your commute that you'd need one unless you are just trying to build cheesy street cred with your homies.
    I can get how you think I'm being a douche on the road and if I needed it during rush hour then I agree it would be kinda douchey
    But when I'm driving home from work at 2am and deerfoot/QE2 is empty it would be nice to go a little bit faster

So before you get all Ned Flanders on me, think about your highway driving

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 09:58 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    changes daily :D

obviously Rat Fink you have never been out on stoney trail at 2am. nobody around, 3 or more lanes all to yourself and nothing but a gas pedal. who isn't going to have a little fun? or going out on any highway outside of the city, it is almost a necessity when going a little faster than the speed limit but not wanting the tickets lol.....

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Laser jammers will not prevent the CPS or RCMP from issuing you a ticket based on visual.

This was hammered out recently in another thread - if you drive an exotic - it starts to make sense to have a FULL system in place (front and rear LIDAR disruptors, radar detector, plate relocator/hide etc.).

I rode a bike in YYC for 6 years plus another 6 in BC. Not one ticket and I almost never did the speed limit. Its all about picking your spots when and where to ride like an idiot (without endangering anyone else) and when to slow down.

Having said that, I have maxed out the bike on Stoney NE - even got air on one of the bridges when they first opened the road and there were huge woops on it - but it was a Friday night when all the cops were in Forest Lawn or Dover dealing with the idiots and there was NO ONE around doing traffic up there (and no traffic either).
    Last edited by revelations; 10-14-2015 at 12:12 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Life at 10 over is kinda boring if you ask me. Well it depends what vehicle you drive. I almost never speed in my Transit Van lol the 911 is a different story
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

How much time do you save driving places at more than 10km over the limit?
    none because Rat Fink is preventing me from passing on the left lane.

I think you might be surprised. I can easily cut 10-15 mins off some commutes just by speeding to make a few green lights at major 4-way intersections that have ~5 minute waits. It's not just a 30 second savings. Some roads have lots of lights, all poorly timed (12th ave, McLeod trail, 14th st, and many more) - your speed can often determine if you hit every single one of them or almost none, and even if they are short lights it can make a big difference. Or maybe you get caught behind someone going below the limit and you end up missing the timed lights. It can add very significant time even to a short trip, which can end up taking double the time if you hit certain lights.

For me to drive from Downtown to South Calgary can be under 15 minutes or upwards of half an hour, depending solely on what lights I hit. Going 15-20 over, I can hit most if not all of them. Speed limit or below and I get stuck at most of them. That's just my experience anyway, as I have been driving largely the same routes for ~15 years now.

Also if you aren't doing 10-20km over the limit, you are most likely hindering traffic on any major route throughout the city. So for me I don't speed to try and save that 30 seconds, which might be the case if there were no lights, but when I speed its to match the flow of traffic (safest way to go IMHO) or try and time traffic lights that are so poorly timed by the city.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Driving 15km over the limit of 100kph on an open highway can add significant time savings on long journeys - where fuel economy isnt a huge deal.

For eg. 6 hour trip - , save 8-10 minutes every hour = 48-60 minutes saved

Originally posted by revelations
    Driving 15km over the limit of 100kph on an open highway can add significant time savings on long journeys - where fuel economy isnt a huge deal.

For eg. 6 hour trip - , save 8-10 minutes every hour = 48-60 minutes saved
    To add to that, I drove to Colorado a few years back. We literally saved about 4.5 hours compared to the speed limit, and at no point did anything stupid or irresponsible. Thinking how crappy a 4-5 hour car ride is, that is quite significant.

Even Calgary to Edmonton, speed limit is 100-110, most do 140 (unless you are in a pickup truck, then 150-160 lol ). The difference is the drive taking barely over 2 hours, or almost a full 3 hours. Again, quite significant. Not to mention if you are doing 100km/h on the QE2 you are a hazard haha.

In most of the city it's all about the lights though.

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

I'm a pretty habitual speeder on highways.

I've done the math so I may as well share it.

I have to commute 85km a day on the transcanada and have for the last 8.5years with 0 infractions or collisions. I would say my average speed over my commute would be 149km/hr.

going the speed limit would take me 46min/day where as at my usual speed it is done in 34.5min that is a saving of
    11.5min a day
    or 57.5min a week
    or 230min (3hr 50min) a month
    2760min (or 46hours a year)
    82800 min (13800 hours) (57days) over my 30 year career.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

I have a Blinder M27 for sale if anyone is interested.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Before Rat Fink derailed this thread, lets get back on point

Does anyone know?

My Ride
    is broken

This page might help you.
    http://www.laserjammertests.com/

Also I have no idea what equipment they are using. You would probably need a CPS officer to tell you.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!