Quantcast
Employment Insurance MEGA THREAD - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Employment Insurance MEGA THREAD

does anyone know the ei extension is still under considerations? or has it been approved??

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by rach
    does anyone know the ei extension is still under considerations? or has it been approved??
    I've been wondering where to find confirmation of that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I've been wondering where to find confirmation of that as well.
    Service Canada didnt know anything about it....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Had a look today at my service canada account, and there is nothing there referring to an EI extension. I'm really loathe to spend hours on hold to just ask about this, but as a "long tenured" worker, I should be eligible for another 20 weeks, which is no small thing.

Anyone have any confirmation that this has turned into a real thing, and not just political hot air? And, if it's been confirmed by service canada, is there anything that the EI claimant needs to do to make sure they will be receiving it, and for how long?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Had a look today at my service canada account, and there is nothing there referring to an EI extension. I'm really loathe to spend hours on hold to just ask about this, but as a "long tenured" worker, I should be eligible for another 20 weeks, which is no small thing.

Anyone have any confirmation that this has turned into a real thing, and not just political hot air? And, if it's been confirmed by service canada, is there anything that the EI claimant needs to do to make sure they will be receiving it, and for how long?

I would like to know this as well
    nothing on my end either

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I've been wondering the same, there was a big to-do about it being approved a while back but then nothing since. An extra 20 weeks for us is nothing to sneeze at.

My claim hasn't been updated either. I believe I'm eligible but how long until they give individuals the "approval"? Tried calling but I get the high call volume routine.

I thought the extension was supposed to be effective July 2016

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by turbotrip
    I thought the extension was supposed to be effective July 2016
    That's what I've read. It'll actually come into effect July, will be retroactive back to January of last year, and will be automatically applied to active claims, no need to call or anything

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by btimbit

That's what I've read. It'll actually come into effect July, will be retroactive back to January of last year, and will be automatically applied to active claims, no need to call or anything
    Where did you read that? I haven't found anything other than the original promotional announcement, and worthless news articles.

havn't gone through the entire thread, but what happens if i'm on EI right now and I take a 3 month contract? do I still qualify for EI after that 3 months?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by huGe86
    havn't gone through the entire thread, but what happens if i'm on EI right now and I take a 3 month contract? do I still qualify for EI after that 3 months?
    You report income for those 3 months, collect nothing from EI for those 3 months and continue collecting EI after. But if your yearly income is over $64K (Including EI, contract and other incomes sources), you will have to pay some portion of EI back.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And your EI claim isn't extended by three months on the back end, so you "loose" the benefits for that time.

And your EI claim isn't extended by three months on the back end, so you "loose" the benefits for that time.
    are you 100% sure about that? Seems like a policy like that would encourage laziness.

Any update on this?

I'm also looking for info on the extension that was mentioned in the news....

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by Hero_X

Any update on this?

I'm also looking for info on the extension that was mentioned in the news....
    Just heard today.

If your EI relapsed in 2016, you can file a new report for the 15th to continue your benefits. Service Canada should have already automatically re-activated your claim

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Heard how? From whom?

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Guy I know called and asked

Confirmed it by logging into my servicecanada account and checking for myself

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Confirmed it by logging into my servicecanada account and checking for myself
    Thanks btimbit, I cheked mine, and if anyone is interested, this is the exact wording:

Originally posted by MyServiceCanada - EI Messages
    Starting in July 2016, the Government will pay extra weeks of Employment Insurance regular benefits to eligible Canadians. Extended benefits will be available for one year, retroactively to all eligible claims since January 4, 2015. You may be eligible, as a long-tenured worker, for up to 25 extra weeks of Employment Insurance regular benefits, and the period to claim these benefits may be extended by up to 37 weeks. If you are eligible, the “My Current Claim” section of this site will be updated or you will receive a letter in July 2016.

This is a temporary response to help Canadians in regions hardest hit by the commodities downturn.
    When you look under "My Current Claim", the "Total weeks of regular entitlement" should reflect the new, longer total. Mine appears correct.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

I got an extra 25 weeks

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast