Quantcast
Airsoft - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Airsoft

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Default Airsoft

Just wondering if there's any beyonders out there who do airsoft and if you can make any recommendations on gun mods and where to play.

Last week I bought a SRC G36E2 Gen3 with the 2.5-10x illuminating scope and managed to sort out the scope and barrel alignment so my shot grouping is faiey close to the crosshairs on the scope, I also asked for the 2100round cmag that autoloads for secret santa

Any other recommendations for mods would be great and also a legit place to actually learn how to use the rifle as my garage is not massive and I'm running out of pink Styrofoam insulation that doesn't look like cheese.

[Img]
    http://rsmg.pbsrc.com/albums/v335/Dr...h=480&fit=clip[/img]

My Ride
    EG6

Tight boar barrel and an air tight hop up. Both will gain you a goof few fps with the same spring. Will this be an indoor or out door gun?

If it's outdoor a 110 spring, extra long tight boar hidden under a silencer and a high torque motor. You will loose rate of fire but with a .25g bag you will punch through the bush.
    I ran a mg36 with a 130 spring and that set up, it chopped groups down and I could out shoot most of the M4. But once the Systema came out it was out gunned though.

Indoor I would keep it stock and just swap for a high speed motor. As there is no point in anything else.

If you buy a GBB then run .30 and they shoot hot for indoor fps.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Originally posted by Fly Fishin'
    Tight boar barrel and an air tight hop up. Both will gain you a goof few fps with the same spring. Will this be an indoor or out door gun?

If it's outdoor a 110 spring, extra long tight boar hidden under a silencer and a high torque motor. You will loose rate of fire but with a .25g bag you will punch through the bush.
    I ran a mg36 with a 130 spring and that set up, it chopped groups down and I could out shoot most of the M4. But once the Systema came out it was out gunned though.

Indoor I would keep it stock and just swap for a high speed motor. As there is no point in anything else.

If you buy a GBB then run .30 and they shoot hot for indoor fps.
    The G36 will likely be an outdoor gun as I intended to use it for sniping and was thinking of picking up a lighter SMG for close quarter to medium range, is this the wrong way to think of things? I bought my G36 from 007 Airsoft in NE Calgary, would they carry the parts to modify my rifle, after talking with one of the employees it sounds like everything has to be ordered in

Be very careful with upgrades for that thing. SRC uses slightly non-standard components to force you into buying upgrades from them. For instance the piston in their v3 gearbox has slightly offset teeth, but only so much that you won't realize it until you try to replace it. TBH I won't own another SRC again. Start buying from buyairsoft.ca and Toronto Airsoft. Much better parts, knowledge and service, IMO.

I use a KWA MP7A1 for CQB. love it.
    Last edited by zieg; 10-18-2015 at 12:56 AM.
    dv/dt

My Ride
    EG6

That sucks about the parts variations. It was easier when I played.

A good GBB hand gun with a high flow valve will out shoot most AEG. Not to mention a full metal glock with a long mag is bad ass.
    If you get angry at my post please re-read as a joke or sarcasm.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

I was convinced to go with a AEG as it was explained to me that the gas powered guns fps becomes inconsistent after prolonged use.

So I can only buy SRC brand stuff for the G36?

It depends on the part. Pistons? yes. Motors? no. Most other internals.. Do your research. My one and only SRC was an AKS-74U (that's not a typo, that's how SRC chose to designate the AK-74SU. ) and IIRC the hopup was standard, the motor was with a bit of modification, the gears were not, and I never bothered getting into it any deeper once I realized the horrible. External accessories were hit and miss.

Regarding GBB vs AEG.. that's an age old debate. Here's what I did when I played more actively: My CQB gun was an AEG, fully custom built with a stupid rate of fire for amazing trigger response. Laser accurate too. Outdoor/longer range gun was a GBBR because you cant even come close to the realism with anything else. Feeling the recoil, realistic mag capacity, real steel accessories made it all worth it for me. Make sure you have at least 4-6 mags and alternate through them properly and you'll never have an issue with reduced FPS due to mag cooling. Even if you did, it's easy enough to correct for.

Like anything else, the more complex systems can be more rewarding, but only if used properly. And like anything else, the more complex systems can get a bad rap from stupid people if they don't understand how to use them correctly, and instead assume they are inferior when they can't get it working they way they want.
    Last edited by zieg; 10-22-2015 at 10:10 PM.
    dv/dt