Quantcast
Mercedes C300 vs Acura TLX SHAWD - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Mercedes C300 vs Acura TLX SHAWD

My Ride
    TLX, F350, AR195 and Merc C350

Default Mercedes C300 vs Acura TLX SHAWD

While my C350 is in getting the hail damage repaired I'm renting a 2015 C300. Definitely a nice car with good power but something is missing. This car stickers for under $50000. but not by much and I guess that is my issue. I'm impressed with the turbo 4's power but not the sound it makes and the handling although secure feels anything but sporty. I can't help but think the Acura TLX SHAWD is the better car for the same money. Definitely a better handling machine, more room and better engine sound. As for the two dash interfaces I like the ability to have my navi on the screen and still work the radio. I find the mouse pad and console controls hard to reach and the Ipad type display a bit of an after thought.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Soo... what's your point? You're debating on which to buy? You've decided the TLX is much better? Just here to share your comments and hope others chime in to agree? Disagree?

My Ride
    V8s

This thread and his last thread both just look like a long-winded facebook status update.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Get the best of both worlds and buy a C450 AMG Sport

I'm only coming in with a recommendation because this thread makes no sense, might as well take it in a better direction

Maybe its a humble brag of some kind?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 Civic

Well no shit the TLX is better value for the money... It doesn't have the reputation of a Mercedes so it needs value factor to take in buyers. All Japanese luxo brands are like that.
    2016 Honda Civic Touring

My Ride
    Bicycle

I know you still got a bunch of 2015 TLX stuck in the lot but come on.

The performance, TLX V6 SHAWD hands down wins. But the interior of the Acura is almost fisher price grade and the infotainment systems almost feels like a decade old.

C300 isn't built for enthusiasts. It's just someone looking for the badge. Heck even the C400 wasn't sporty at all. C450/63 are the ones if you are looking for an engaging drive.

My Ride
    NC1

I think the Hyundai is even better value. H Factor! How do they do that? Seoul dynamic.

Long term 5-10 years give me the TL. Short term 0-5, I'll take the badge. Bang on Xtrema.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Xtrema
    The performance, TLX V6 SHAWD hands down wins. But the interior of the Acura is almost fisher price grade and the infotainment systems almost feels like a decade old.
    At least it is much improved to the TSX. It is just horrible every time I drive. Had a loaner 2014 RDX earlier in the year and while it was in color and had more information for audio, somehow they made it worse and it took seconds to switch songs on the ipod Takes as long as changing songs on bluetooth.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by schocker

At least it is much improved to the TSX. It is just horrible every time I drive. Had a loaner 2014 RDX earlier in the year and while it was in color and had more information for audio, somehow they made it worse and it took seconds to switch songs on the ipod Takes as long as changing songs on bluetooth.
    I think whoever was in charge of the 2016 Civic's dash should get to redo the complete line of Acura dashes.

Am I'm not sure why all the 2016 Honda's now get Android Auto and Car Play yet for Acura, it's nowhere to be seen and still running a dual VGA screen.

My Ride
    TLX, F350, AR195 and Merc C350

Originally posted by jwslam
    Soo... what's your point? You're debating on which to buy? You've decided the TLX is much better? Just here to share your comments and hope others chime in to agree? Disagree?
    Just offering my observation.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/bes...-luxury-sedan/

After driving eight compact luxury sedans, researching their strengths and weaknesses for weeks, and finally consulting with other experts, there’s no doubt the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C300 is the best choice for most people. It’s the only one that surrounds you with the rich environment and pampering amenities of a true luxury car while also providing the most enjoyable overall driving experience.
    Budget-minded luxury buyers should consider the TLX, which costs less than our top pick, is bigger, and offers more features for the money, although it feels less luxurious.