Quantcast
Toyota Salesman - Need a good one - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Toyota Salesman - Need a good one

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Default Toyota Salesman - Need a good one

Search came up with nothing, but I'm looking to get in contact with either a Toyota salesman from here or any recommendation for a no BS fair price out the door sales guy.

I can promise a guaranteed sale as my fiance's mother is looking at a 2015 Rav 4 LE (already decided) and I just want to make sure she get's a good deal. She had a horrible experience with Charlesglen yesterday night, the guy was pushing for a lease for all the wrong reasons and flat out lied about the buyout/give back and so I'll be assisting her the rest of the way.

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Jeff Hyunh at Country Hills Toyota...

Tell him Arif sent ya!!....
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

That's hilarious, I went to Jr.High school with Jeff like 15 years ago! I wonder if he'd remember me. Cheers I'll give him a call

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Werrrd up.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Phil at heninger was a breeze to deal with. He knew not to fuck around with the price. I had the vehicle and what I wanted already picked out, and he got me a better deal then I had hoped. Didn't play any stupid games.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    Jeff Hyunh at Country Hills Toyota...

Tell him Arif sent ya!!....
    + 1 for Jeff

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    Phil at heninger was a breeze to deal with. He knew not to fuck around with the price. I had the vehicle and what I wanted already picked out, and he got me a better deal then I had hoped. Didn't play any stupid games.
    Had him too... but i heard he went to a manager position at another dealership.

Myself and a bunch of other friends have all been really happy with our purchases from Heninger. I would definitely go speak with them

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Originally posted by eglove

+ 1 for Jeff
    Spoke with Jeff just now, confirmed an appt with him this afternoon.

Cheers to both eglove + ek2.0

My Ride
    Bang Bus

+10 for Jeff

If your deal with Jeff (or whoever) doesn't go through. Here's what I did a few years ago and saved me too much headache and got a good price.

First, I knew what vehicle I wanted exactly (Toyota FJ cruiser at the time). I obtained the invoice price from carcostcanada.com (cost $40 for 10 reports, money well spent).

Once I knew this, I emailed ALL the Toyota dealers in Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge and Red Deer asking for their "out the door price". NEVER give your phone number in the email otherwise they will hound you relentlessly. Let them know in the email that you are aware of the carcostcanada invoice price.

All you have to do now is wait for their replies and compare. At the time there was a price spread of about $5000 between different dealers. I ended up buying it from Sherwood Park toyota near Edmonton as they had the best price. Only cost me a tank of gas each way for $5000 savings, worth it I guess..

Try this method and save yourself the pressure and the headache of sales people...

Originally posted by cancruiser
    If your deal with Jeff (or whoever) doesn't go through. Here's what I did a few years ago and saved me too much headache and got a good price.

First, I knew what vehicle I wanted exactly (Toyota FJ cruiser at the time). I obtained the invoice price from carcostcanada.com (cost $40 for 10 reports, money well spent).

Once I knew this, I emailed ALL the Toyota dealers in Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge and Red Deer asking for their "out the door price". NEVER give your phone number in the email otherwise they will hound you relentlessly. Let them know in the email that you are aware of the carcostcanada invoice price.

All you have to do now is wait for their replies and compare. At the time there was a price spread of about $5000 between different dealers. I ended up buying it from Sherwood Park toyota near Edmonton as they had the best price. Only cost me a tank of gas each way for $5000 savings, worth it I guess..

Try this method and save yourself the pressure and the headache of sales people...
    This is excellent advice. I took this type of approach for the last car I purchased, and got a smoking deal!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Probably half the places you email won't take you seriously, but you only need one or two who do in order to make it worthwhile.

I'm not in the market for brand new car right now, but when I am, I will prefer to give my business to anyone who will deal over email.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Probably half the places you email won't take you seriously, but you only need one or two who do in order to make it worthwhile.

I'm not in the market for brand new car right now, but when I am, I will prefer to give my business to anyone who will deal over email.
    Well, if they don't take me seriously, I am not taking them seriously either and they don't deserve my business. Simple as that.

You will be surprised how many sales through the internet/email are happening now. Most dealers nowadays usually have someone dedicated for online sales.

We, customers, have to resort to these methods because car salespeople have built a "certain" reputation for themselves over the years. You know what I mean..They can only blame themselves.

I am sure there are sales people out there who are honest and upfront, but they are few and far in between and the behaviour of the majority tends to mask them.

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

Yea, I found that most dealerships didn't want to deal with you unless you either a) go in or b) give your number/email
    which we all know is bullshit and their loss.

Good advice for sure, but we got a very fair deal through Jeff and so my mother in law will have her new Rav 4 tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

This was my experience with Honda, a few places couldn't even be bothered to email me back even using beyond contacts (Calgary Honda, T&T Honda to name a couple), and I wrote a very serious, professional email, not a quick one liner. In the end I got what I wanted but lots of sales people would rather give up a sale than spend 2 minutes on an email mid-day when they are sitting around doing nothing. Quite shocking really. They want you to come in so it's easier to apply greasy sales tactics.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

This was my experience with Honda, a few places couldn't even be bothered to email me back even using beyond contacts (Calgary Honda, T&T Honda to name a couple), and I wrote a very serious, professional email, not a quick one liner. In the end I got what I wanted but lots of sales people would rather give up a sale than spend 2 minutes on an email mid-day when they are sitting around doing nothing. Quite shocking really. They want you to come in so it's easier to apply greasy sales tactics.
    EXACTLY my point... Thank you..

Bought a vehicle from Jeff at CH toyota last year with no BS too.

Now the absolute best experience i ever had was through online/email at 5th ave VW. Libor was his name(still there i think) and the first time i met him was the day we picked the car up. Negotiations were done via email so i was able to pretend i was a hard negotiator and after a couple days the deal was settled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Hey Guys... Thanks for the love EK2.0, eglove, lee88 and Rocket1k78! Royle9..cool seeing you again after all this time and thanks for the opportunity! Super stoked that your mom in law is happy.. keeps the wife happy.. keeps you happy!! funny how that works!!