Quantcast
2000 ish Corvettes are SLOW!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2000 ish Corvettes are SLOW!!

My Ride
    Probe

Default 2000 ish Corvettes are SLOW!!

Now hear me out guys..
    I always assured my self that a corvette was not to be messed with! I thought they came stock with some 400 hp or something like that...
    But to my suprize while watching a Secret Street Video of July 27th
    there are TWO 2000 ish Corvettes racing each other, they TO ME look top of the line, one was a convertable and the other was really nice and yellow!
    well to make a short story short :p , the corvette that WON got a 14.86.... and they raced again and got the same times...
    Come on you can't tell me my half assed modded probe can take a new corvette, or a stock ITR ...
    there is just no way

My Ride
    car

maybe tey guys just didnt know how to drive???

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

they are fast for me.. drive a 2003 z06.. fun car for q/m.. drive the 2003 vette with the electromag suspension.. handels like a dream
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

Got an old MT in front of me, rates an auto 01 Vette convertible with 13.3@106
    My C&D gives the 6 speed 02 vette convertible 13.1@111
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    Probe

your welcome to check it out if i can get some one to host a 200 mg file...
    its got some good race city drag racing in it
    The 700 Hp supra, MySelf, Kronyk in his probe, a teal crx, legendboy in his teg, that blue turboed integra, lots of good stuff!

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

I'm sure they're much faster than that.. Probably just the driver

Originally posted by Ranger_X31
    Really? Thats pretty impressive. I've got Road and Track and they give it for the convertible 13.6. I didn't know they were that fast.

Originally posted by turkeysilk

Really? Thats pretty impressive. I've got Road and Track and they give it for the convertible 13.6. I didn't know they were that fast.
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...0&pagenumber=1

Check out this thread, R&T gave some innacurate times for the AMG 32 as well. Weird... Personally, I never buy R&T. I usually pick up MT or C&D, and thier times are usually pretty close.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

R&T is garbage. Never trust their numbers. C&D or MT has pretty accurate numbers but MT seems to drive some the cars pretty aggressively.

Originally posted by ConVict
    your welcome to check it out if i can get some one to host a 200 mg file...
    its got some good race city drag racing in it
    The 700 Hp supra, MySelf, Kronyk in his probe, a teal crx, legendboy in his teg, that blue turboed integra, lots of good stuff!
    I can host it, is there any way you can compress it? Doesn't matter, just wondering.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by gpomp
    R&T is garbage. Never trust their numbers. C&D or MT has pretty accurate numbers but MT seems to drive some the cars pretty aggressively.
    mt might have decent numbers...but everything else is piss poor. espcially their industry rumors/specualtions.....ALWAYS WRONG dammit

The z06 can pull 111-113 mph traps..but i dont see that on a regular c5.
    On average, i've seen c5's run around 13.9-14.2 at race city

Originally posted by Ranger_X31
    Thanks for the times Ranger_X31 and Turkeysilk. Just be careful, people seem to be pretty sensitive about times from car magazines......
    Last edited by semasema; 09-30-2002 at 01:21 AM.

I hear those new vettes (yellow one! haha) are really damn fast from about 120 - 230km/h! I've been told they gain about 2 car lengths during that speed range against an SLK32.
    ---

My Ride
    AP1

The new Vette's are fast, I have heard them pulling 13.9-14.1's at Race City stock, the ones you see probably can't drive.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Times from a reputable source are a good way to size up a car quickly, but they're just numbers. What is posted in a magazine and what happens IRL are two different things. People get carried away with numbers and think that 1/4 mile, 0-60, skidpad g's emergency lane change maneuvers are the be all and end all of cars. I like to read magazines from time to time just to superficially size up a car, I NEVER take thier opinions seriously, and I realize numbers aren't everything.

Originally posted by kenny
    I hear those new vettes (yellow one! haha) are really damn fast from about 120 - 230km/h! I've been told they gain about 2 car lengths during that speed range against an SLK32.
    That would be due to the extra gear and taller gearing on the vette's part, it's also why the vette tends to get better gas mileage than the 32!
    Is the s/c on the 32 roots or centrifugal?

Just like you can't hold mag numbers as the end all and be all, you cannot make wide judgements on one or two cars that you yourself have raced or have seen racing. Sure those two guys obviously don't know how to drive their cars but that doesn't mean the next vette you roll up next to on the street won't want to teach you a lesson and blow your doors off.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Originally posted by kenny
    LOL - I can personally verify this "claim"...

My Ride
    91 Civic

Hahaha...The rice is strong with this one...
    No, but really, last season there was a yellow 2000 Covette pulling 20 second quarter miles, you wanna know why? No traction, he was half way down the track and he still could not hook up. Im sure that is the conditions were correct and the people could drive the damn things they would hit 14.1-14.3 no problem. We just got a red 2000 Corvette with an exhaust on and an intake on the way and the thing pulls like a bat out of hell. ConVict, you should race one and see what happens...
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast