Quantcast
opinions on RAM SPORT 1500 2015+++ - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: opinions on RAM SPORT 1500 2015+++

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Default opinions on RAM SPORT 1500 2015+++

Anyone have any opinions? good stories, bad stories. Looking at getting one for the company, and winter truck.
    looking at hopefully getting one on the cheap, fully loaded, white preferred RAM 1500 SPORT crew cab

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

We're shopping for a truck now and in cross shopping the big four I liked the interior in the Ram quite a bit and the IRS is nice but that's where it ends. The exterior, to me at least, looks dated and that Hemi is archaic when compared with GM's EcoTec 5.3 and Ford's EcoBoost 3.5.

My Ride
    14' 435i

Absolutely love my Ram 1500, great in the winter, great on gas, even with the HEMI.

couldnt be happier with my choice!!

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I like the look of the rams. But I wouldn't buy one... there are so many on every single lot. When does the value of a new one drop out? Like why buy a brand new one, when you can buy a year old unused one for a lot less?

Maybe that's just me. I see a ton of supply, not enough demand. When does the value crap out.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

People want too much money for their used trucks.

I was looking at Fords too, the 2014s, and people want as much for them now with 35,000km as I coulda gotten one off the lot BRAND NEW after negotiating, in 2014! Its insane.

My Ride
    Hatred

The Hemi is the best 1/2 tonne engine you can get. I know a few ford guys who are just riddled with grief that they didn't get Hemi's when they had the chance.
    -U

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Personally if I can't get a ram sport loaded except ram boxes and air suspension for under 42k it's a no go. I tried a month ago and they weren't budging from 46k yet.

My Ride
    Hatred

Rams are not to cheap people. They are for awesome people.
    -U

Originally posted by Unknown303
    The Hemi is the best 1/2 tonne engine you can get. I know a few ford guys who are just riddled with grief that they didn't get Hemi's when they had the chance.
    Watch out, There is quite an ecoboost following here, please to mention fuel economy next!

I have a loaded '15 sport and i can't be happier....with the truck (service is SHIT). Love look look, the interior is top notch and the hemi pulls hard yet eases on your wallet.

That being said, I got a GREAT deal on mine ($42k tax in off the lot). If the GMC's would have offered a good deal, i would have went with the sierra. They seem more...refined?

I dont think you will be disappointed however, as i haven't been in the slightest. At the very least, you wont need to be replacing turbo's if you are pulling anything.

My Ride
    bus

Ford builds a way better truck, don't even bother with GM or RAM. There's a huge thread full of ford fanboys, you should check it out.

My Ride
    '16 Civic

I worked at a Dodge dealer over the summer. Here are my thoughts.

The Interior is tops in the class, Alpine sound was top notch so get the Sport Premium Group and most touchpoints feel good. Too me, Fords like square shaped buttons with small fonts and those tend to age poorly IMO. Controls are logically placed. Keep in mind, FCA vehicles have wipers on turn signal stalks and audio controls on the BACK of the steering wheel. Btw, get heated leather seats and steering wheel too those are a godsend.

Build quality is a little short. (The silver plastic ring around the start button got loose and started twirling in its housing) No rattles but panel gaps everywhere, especially where the lines were straight. Paint was decent. The graining with the hard plastics were a little crude. Doors close good

5.7 sounds decent and pulls hard. I'm used to driving my Civic so 16.2L/100k was shit for what I'm used too. 3.92 gears are a must. Don't know compared to other trucks. 8 speed auto puts the power down well and is night and day compared to other trucks.

The PDI guy told me that on 09-11 models, the rear diffs were underfilled from the factory and in some cases, the drive line would DC and the rear axle would come off...

Don't buy used, they tend to be beaten to shit and asking prices are well inflated. You could buy new for a couple grand more.

Servicing portion of the dealer is shit imo.

Btw, I was offered $44k for a loaded Ram Sport 3.92 Crew except air ride, rambox and towing accessories. Employee Discount FTW!
    2016 Honda Civic Touring

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Two guys on my crew have rams and a buddy has one that are all going on five years old. None have ever been in the shop beyond regular maintenance and they're all over 100K on the odo. Great trucks.

Edit - we had an F150 platinum that was a rattle trap at 75 K and a couple time a year shop visiter. It wasn't as good of a truck, hands down.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 10-30-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ram transmission beats Ford right now, and I am a huge Ford fanboy. It's a great combination with the Hemi.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

You guys suck at negotiating. I was _well_ under 40 out the door on a brand new sport, loaded to the nuts.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    '16 Civic

Originally posted by adamc
    You guys suck at negotiating. I was _well_ under 40 out the door on a brand new sport, loaded to the nuts.
    Bullshit, You got a Crew 3.92 with everything... for under 40k OTD? I'll omit air ride and ram box but it came with leather, sport premium and the works...? Did you buy at end of the year or something and add on every rebate and deduction you could find?
    2016 Honda Civic Touring

did you already put down a deposit?

lol...

anyways, I'm driving a loaner SLT 1500, not a sport... but similar and yes the 8 speed is a spectacular transmission and the engine is a howler.

Would I take this over my 2014 F150 ecoscrew? No... the cab is small , and I'm not a fan of its driving characteristics.

I think its a Dodge thing to have a stupid touchy gas pedal and brakes, along with super light steering... so its not a RAM "problem" and its just what you're used to.

The hemi with the 3.21 is yielding stupid good highway milage... easily under 10 l/100 and the coil suspension is superb for unloaded handling.

I did decided to move a pretty heavy load of interlocking bricks to the trailer lot last weekend, and I have to say that well... any half ton would likely be a bit unsettled, but the coil suspension just doesn't seem to handle that type of weight like leafs...

If it were me... I'd go for the halfton 3.92 with the air suspension at a minimum. However I'd probably go with the 2500 6.4 if I were looking for a Ram truck for the duty I require for the trailer.

The new F150, though impressive, is too expensive... and even a salesman had stated many people who traded the last gen are complaining that the weight reduction is making for a worse towing experience.

I also think that the GMC 6.2 is a beauty of a truck as well, has a 8 speed... but much like the Ram, a smaller cab.
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 10-30-2015 at 11:21 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I own a 2014 sport. Crew. All I'm gonna say is it blows my F250 work truck out of the water.

As always, check recalls to see what's defective. Mine has two. (Sudden airbag deployment)

And of course you want white. Majority wants/has white. It does look damn good.

RAM series are the best looking trucks money can buy.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Silverado

Is there a dealer that doesn't suck for sales and or service?

I'm going to look at a silverado 1500 2Lt tomorrow and might need to compare to ram if they won't deal.

My Ride
    Trucks

I had bought my loaded '14 Sport Crew cab new for $38800, sticker was $54,000, after the '15s were being sold. Once the 2016 models are being sold the '15 models will get blown out.

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    I own a 2014 sport. Crew. All I'm gonna say is it blows my F250 work truck out of the water.

As always, check recalls to see what's defective. Mine has two. (Sudden airbag deployment)

And of course you want white. Majority wants/has white. It does look damn good.

RAM series are the best looking trucks money can buy.
    why would you say it blows your F250 out of the water?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast