Quantcast
opinions on RAM SPORT 1500 2015+++ - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: opinions on RAM SPORT 1500 2015+++

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    So much butt hurt in this thread. Y'all need to stop paying sticker price and hating on the guys that get deals
    with the recession, knowing that even my company had cancelled 300+ fleet leases, and being that the 2016 model year is up and coming... I'm sure Rich can find a "good deal" out there for sure.

IMO with that 8 speed, that Hemi is by far class leading in fuel economy, but it can't be far away with the 5.3 that has DI and an 8 speed or an ecoboost with the 3.31 gears...

I can tell you with driving the Hemi is stop/go morning traffic, the difference between highway vs, city is HUGE. from 9.5l/100 (going 115) vs 15.6 in stop & go.

I'd say that truely all trucks are very close in capability, its all about your preference, and mostly "price".

If I could get a Chevy 6.2 for a far better deal than a Ecoscrew, or 1500 sport, I would take it and vice versa for any of the aforementioned.

My Ride
    Silverado

for 2016 you'll be able to get the 8 speed with the 5.3 on slt or ltz as well.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I agree that all of the "big three" are making excellent trucks these days, with capability that was in 3/4 ton territory only a few years ago. Add to that the amazing fuel economy they are getting on the highway, plus the monstrous power, and we are really living in great times.

Can't wait for the 10 speed that ford will be bringing out for the 2017 model year. Put that mated to the 3.5 EcoBoost and it should be an amazing combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by r3ccOs

I'd say that truely all trucks are very close in capability, its all about your preference, and mostly "price".

I've driven the loaded half ton models from all base camps, and honestly the biggest difference is price and design. They all seem comparable specs wise, and drive pretty similar.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

2370km on the odo and the touch screen panel/stereo keeps rebooting randomly...

I've heard that the electronics on the HD's, especially the Cummins is terrible

No love for the Nissan TITAN XD as an alternative?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    No love for the Nissan TITAN XD as an alternative?
    Absolutely none.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Dodge trucks are built by drunks, and the quality shows, service is fucking painful and not worth it, they are also overpriced for what you get. Fords always seem to have the most problems, cause the ones with issues are a very vocal minority... they sell the most trucks hands down. The tech is top notch, and the service is night and day compared to dodge... chevy, haven't paid much attention to them in the last decade. Parents were diehard fans back in the mid '90s for a while and that left a bad enough taste to completely ignore the entire brand

Pretty content with my '13 ecoboost xlt screw cab with 6.5' box and hd suspension with max tow that i got 8 months old with 30k kms for $26.5k off the lot. Put on over 30k kms and the only thing that it needed that wasnt my fault was a seal on a cv shaft. The cab is just so damn roomy it actually gives you a ton extra storage space in the cab, which is handy for things you dont want rolling around the bed

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

The guys quoting really low prices on this thread are not full of shit. You wouldn't believe what I paid for my '14, or for my new '16 that's on the way. The deals are out there if you know someone. PM for details if you're truly serious, I'm not going to post the prices and contact info in the public forum and take a chance on my guys getting in shit at work and/or me losing my cheap truck hookup.

Originally posted by r3ccOs
    2370km on the odo and the touch screen panel/stereo keeps rebooting randomly...

I've heard that the electronics on the HD's, especially the Cummins is terrible
    You can update the uconnect firmware yourself via USB. The later revisions are fairly reliable. That said, I prefer to keep my full load Rams under warranty and when you get them ~$15-20k cheaper than a Ford or GM, it's not hard to justify swapping them out when they hit 60k.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

ok SO!!!! UPDATE TIME!

I just got home from Edmonton.... WITH!!! drum roll plz... my new summer car. I'll be posting pictures of her soon!

I will now need a new winter car.

I got a deal in Edmonton going, on a RAM 1500 SPORT REG CAB, fully loaded, no options missing.
    33,900 plus tax and fee's. the trucks a 2015, still warped in plastic. Thats as good of a deal as I could get out of them, and trumped anything I got here in Calgary. This truck is also in Edmonton. Oh and no NAVI in that sorry. they want extra 620 for that. I can use a map book for 20 bucks.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

regular cab? as in, no back seat?
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by InRich
    ok SO!!!! UPDATE TIME!

I just got home from Edmonton.... WITH!!! drum roll plz... my new summer car. I'll be posting pictures of her soon!

I will now need a new winter car.

I got a deal in Edmonton going, on a RAM 1500 SPORT REG CAB, fully loaded, no options missing.
    33,900 plus tax and fee's. the trucks a 2015, still warped in plastic. Thats as good of a deal as I could get out of them, and trumped anything I got here in Calgary. This truck is also in Edmonton. Oh and no NAVI in that sorry. they want extra 620 for that. I can use a map book for 20 bucks.
    Viper GTS?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Dafuq.

As far as taking three hours to negotiate a deal, I've done it before lol. Just was super stubborn, final day of December, kept going back and forth but didn't leave, eventually they gave in and we made a deal.

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:51 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

How much are the fees? To me an all in price includes those and all taxes.

Last edited by Cos; 12-21-2016 at 10:51 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Some dealers have a pile of bullshit fees that they pass off as "standard". Documentation fee, finance fee, PDI fees. It can be four figures in some cases, and then they charge GST on top of all those. It's bullshit.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

So its 33,900 plus taxes and fees so, it was something like 2700 more, basically 37200 out the door.

yes REG CAB = no back seats. Think I'm making a mistake by not taking a crew or quad?

EDIT I'll be breaking the car I buy down exactly for you guys when the deals done. If you thinking I'm not making a good deal happen, or you see better, plz let me know.
    Last edited by InRich; 11-04-2015 at 10:30 AM.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Originally posted by Darkane

Viper GTS?
    Nope. lol! but good guess! I'll give you a hint, 0 - 60 in 4 secs flat. possible super car status?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast