Quantcast
Chumpcar 2016 in Edmonton July 30,31 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chumpcar 2016 in Edmonton July 30,31

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Default Chumpcar 2016 in Edmonton July 30,31

Just a heads up in case anyone was thinking about starting a build on a car. The schedule is up and next years race will be a double 12hr on the weekend of July 30th and 31st. This years race was fantastic and there was no major contact throughout the 24 hours between any teams, so it definitely is possible to keep a car pretty through a weekend.
    See you guys there next year.

Our chumpcar 944 "Rothman's Cup Tribute" build thread is up on Straightpipe: http://straightpipe.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2454

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Team RedSuns will be back to defend our class title with the NA FC, and hopefully finish higher than 5th overall. The double 12 format will be a lot easier on drivers and crew as well.

Can't wait to see how the 944 turns out!

My Ride
    Boring. And a motorcycle.

I believe we'll be getting rid of our '75 BMW that we raced in Chumpcar in Calgary a few years ago.

The Ex: 2002 Subaru 2.5RSTi w/ JDM V7 STI Swap, JDM 6-Speed Trans, Dom 1.5XTR, ST Coilovers
    The Ride: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S, Tuneboy w/ CC
    Daily: Boring Volvo.

My Ride
    Wankels!

The double 12 stint will be sooooo much nicer if I'm pit crewing again. Sleeping in a bed is underrated.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Had so much fun driving in the 24 this year!

My Ride
    changes every year

What are the rules for building a car and how do you apply to get in? This looks like a lot of fun.

My Ride
    Wankels!

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    What are the rules for building a car and how do you apply to get in? This looks like a lot of fun.
    The chumpcar website has pretty much everything you need for information. Any specific car regulation questions can probably be posted on NASCC's straightpipe.ca forums.

My Ride
    E90, FD, STI

Originally posted by EM2FTL
    Team RedSuns will be back to defend our class title with the NA FC, and hopefully finish higher than 5th overall. The double 12 format will be a lot easier on drivers and crew as well.

Can't wait to see how the 944 turns out!
    I swear, next year will be the year we do not wear out the outside edge of our tires and have brand new tread on the inside lol.

...and yes, in theory we could slow down and save the tires, however team maximum time attack only knows one speed.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Bump. Any Calgary people confirmed as bringing up a car/team?

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I might be driving for the same team I did last year. They're working on putting it together right now.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

We're all registered, car's running well. Got a few things to do, like install the fire system, but we're pretty well ready to race!

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    We're all registered, car's running well. Got a few things to do, like install the fire system, but we're pretty well ready to race!
    What car were you in / how'd the weekend go?

RedSuns car never did get finished, but I had a blast driving the Bandit FC. I've never had that much fun in a race car before

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

RedSuns car never did get finished, but I had a blast driving the Bandit FC. I've never had that much fun in a race car before
    I was so confused about why RedSuns wasn't on the timing sheets.

Too bad you guys didn't get ahold of me earlier, I could have helped wrench

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

We were in the purple Daytona, and since you were next to us in the pits you probably know exactly how badly our weekend went! We knew we weren't going to be competitive and were in it for laughs, but still pretty disappointed with how things turned out. Not sure if we'll go to a different engine or a different car entirely, haha. We may be able to get an SRT4 motor in there under the 500 point mark.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

We were in the purple Daytona, and since you were next to us in the pits you probably know exactly how badly our weekend went! We knew we weren't going to be competitive and were in it for laughs, but still pretty disappointed with how things turned out. Not sure if we'll go to a different engine or a different car entirely, haha. We may be able to get an SRT4 motor in there under the 500 point mark.
    For those of us not in the pits, what happened?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

For those of us not in the pits, what happened?
    Well, we planned to take it slow and steady as we knew our chassis wasn't nearly as sorted as the faster cars and we were also lower on the horsepower scale. We did everything to make our engines last (rebuild, upgraded cooling, oil cooling, baffled pans, Accusump) and despite all that, our two engines lasted about 25 laps each. Out of a possible 24 hours, we got in maybe 2 hours of actual racing.

We had a huge low-oil-pressure light mounted on the dash, and it never showed as much as a flicker. Both motors ate their bottom ends at full oil pressure. I'm mystified.

My Ride
    '20 SS 1LE

Wow I had no idea that was a group of beyonders, I would have said hello! We were sorry to see that you guys weren't out for day 2

Our engine blew up on day 1 but the car held up well on day 2. I'd seriously consider a more reliable platform to come back with, it's pretty fun when you can start stringing sessions together even if the car isn't lightning fast (this was what I was used to in Chumpcar races). When the car does happen to be fast, it's even better (as I learned this year)

*edit - here's a shot of your car if you guys didn't get many in between mechanicals https://www.instagram.com/p/BIfU8dQjl_m/

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Drove one stint each day in the #47 CRX. Managed a 1:37.0 with double digit horsepower to the wheels.

Bandit was fast as always. Sucks the cop mustang wasn't able to turn very many laps. I was looking forward to seeing it in the rearview and running away from it.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Our team had a lot of fun... but also a lot of trouble with bolts backing out. The first thing that broke was the exhaust and I think the extra vibration caused a number of mission critical bolts to back out. The car looked pretty when it was out there though!

My Ride
    Toyota 86 Wannabe (FR-S)

Are 94-01 Acura Integras okay to use for chump car? Is that platform frowned upon?

Photo by: Kevin Chow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast