Quantcast
Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by max_boost

I think our boy Tomco summed it up nicely years ago. Society you can't handle it, 2015 or not. I don't care what you SJW's say etc. Politicians only say it to get votes.

Maybe JT has a master plan utilizing the refugees to perform "necessary" structure repairs to the PM mansion. Women and children cook, clean, tidy around the place, while the skilled men do the repairs.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

From my experience in hiring employees......

Like anyone else here that runs and operates their own companies.... I have to say. Immigrants that I've dealt with work twice as hard and are more willing to do a better job then the Canadian born workers I've dealt with.

Just saying....

I would rather hire someone and give them a chance as a new landed immigrant than a 16 year old punk who wants to do nothing for $14.00 bux an hour.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    From my experience in hiring employees......

Like anyone else here that runs and operates their own companies.... I have to say. Immigrants that I've dealt with work twice as hard and are more willing to do a better job then the Canadian born workers I've dealt with.

Just saying....

I would rather hire someone and give them a chance as a new landed immigrant than a 16 year old punk who wants to do nothing for $14.00 bux an hour.
    Just cause someone works hard doesn't mean squat. We have had a massive disconnect between immigrant workers to local workers.

Take ANY fast food joint for example and how often do food orders get screwed up because they don't listen or can't understand you?

That to me is not good.

My Ride
    NC1

Give the money to the NDP instead so they can fulfill their promises in AB.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Liberals/Trudeau:

"And YOU get a tax increase! And YOU get a tax increase! And YOU GET A TAX INCREASE"

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by 04Terminator
    Those worried about keeping Canada ethnically pure, or the right balance of ethnicity, or whatever you are worried about, hasn't been to Market Mall, or driven by a Calgary high school.

And as far as I can tell, we are only taking in half of what Canada's military, or former military general said it can screen and take in within this time frame.
    It's not about keeping Canada "ethnically pure". It's about the government saying that they value these refugees and economic migrants more than the tens of thousands of Canadians who need help.

We should probably clean up our own act first before we go around trying to play the hero.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I'm all for helping people, but this seems like an overwhelming number.

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    I'll be the guy to say it, but why are these refugees our goddamn problem?
    I have two answers.

1) Nobless Oblige.

2) We break it, we buy it... and our nation participated in the chain of events that lead to ISIS. If we don't want truckloads of wog refugees knocking our on door, we should should stop dropping bombs on wogland.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by btimbit
    I'm all for helping people, but this seems like an overwhelming number.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/atkinson..._refugees.html

We took in 60,000 "boat people" in 18 months in early 80's.

I'm sure a good portion of Beyond members won't be here if it weren't for this gesture.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by firebane

Just cause someone works hard doesn't mean squat. We have had a massive disconnect between immigrant workers to local workers.

Take ANY fast food joint for example and how often do food orders get screwed up because they don't listen or can't understand you?

That to me is not good.
    I would encourage you to visit the Gulf Canada Tims... Never had a messed up order, so efficient - its amazing.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

I'm all for helping people, but we have more than enough homeless in our city that could use our help first.
    I look at Europe and the gong show that is going on and can't help but seeing the same thing happening here. You can let people in en masse without something or someone slipping through.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I would encourage you to visit the Gulf Canada Tims... Never had a messed up order, so efficient - its amazing.
    Yeah well I've heard the guy who runs that place runs it like a army camp.

I'm fine with any refugees who are happy to be here to get away from what they were in.

If they feel like they expect better or complain about their conditions, give them two options. Contribute to the cause or go back.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

There seems to be a common misconception in looking at these refugees, and then comparing them to past refugee crises as if they are the same. They are not, and taking in large amounts of Syrian Refugees is vastly different then it would be for much of the rest of the world.

1. Long before these migrants starting making the trek towards Europe, intelligence reports revealed that ISIS was planning to infiltrate Europe with terrorists disguised as migrants. This article was from Oct 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-refugees.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-bombed.html

2. ISIS has waged war in the form of Hijrah, which is a stealth form of Jijhad. There goal is to set up a worldwide Islamic caliphate, and in their own words will be conquered through mass immigration and extremely high birth rates.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2600...robert-spencer

3. Their plan has already been implemented, ISIS members have already been found amongst the refugees.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/is...ng-as-refugees

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6726356.html

ISIS claims already 4000 members are in EU
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...urope-Refugees

3. The Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies did a poll on Syrian refugees and found that 13% are in favor of ISIS, and another 10% were lukewarm or not entirely negative. At 13% that would mean 3000+ newly landed refugees who are radicals on Canadian soil.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...pport-isis.htm

4. Many of these refugees are coming with no papers and from different countries, and it takes time for the UN to officially designate someone with refugee status. From the article above FBI Director James Comey said "In fact, he said no reliable database of information exists to screen refugees flooding the U.S. this year and next. "We have no information," he said.
    If Syrian nationals haven't previously crossed the radar of U.S. military intelligence in Iraq, Comey explained, "there will be no record of them. ... We had a whole lot more information about Iraq because our soldiers had been there and had run into people and collected information."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...orn-Syria.html

5. Syria, like most predominately muslim countries don't value womans rights, a few years back Syria was the 4th worst country in the world. This is probably why 70%-80% of the migrants going to Germany are healthy young men.

http://www.trust.org/item/20131111115632-hn9t2

6. This relates to point number 5, since muslim immigrants have been in Germany rapes have skyrocketed. Almost every other week a migrant is guilty of raping local young German woman. People are scared to leave their homes and let their daughters out around them.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/65...s-rape-germany

I'm all for bringing in people that need help, but our nations sovereignty needs to be upheld. Security needs to be the utmost importance in carrying this out. Unfortunately, Justin like any SJW made his promise on an emotional appeal, instead of listening to the experts. Much to his support, we also have the media in this country that will only report on these migrants in a positive light and ignore the potential risks.

Originally posted by HomespunLobster
    I'm fine with any refugees who are happy to be here to get away from what they were in.

If they feel like they expect better or complain about their conditions, give them two options. Contribute to the cause or go back.
    But isn't that the problem? Once they're here it's incredibly difficult to send them back, it's why people are making the argument of "don't let them in at all"

If there was a system in place for a "zero tolerance, back you go" policy many more people would support the move to allow these refugees in. But everyone knows that's not the case, before we can send them back they'll tie things up in court spending more tax payer dollars and end up staying anyways.

Too many issues at "home" to be worrying about this right now.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Nothing

Total bullshit; Trump is right; send their asses back, it isn't our problem
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Originally posted by Xtrema

http://www.thestar.com/news/atkinson..._refugees.html

We took in 60,000 "boat people" in 18 months in early 80's.

I'm sure a good portion of Beyond members won't be here if it weren't for this gesture.
    Kind of what I was thinking reading this thread...

I know plenty of people in Calgary and in Vancouver whose parents came as refugees from places like Vietnam and Cambodia and have established themselves as hardworking, contributing families. Hell, I'd rather refugees come over to my part of Canada which are actually going to work and contribute to establish themselves over all the investor class, income tax dodging, status obsessed douche bags who flood into Vancouver ever year.
    Last edited by Maybelater; 11-12-2015 at 12:03 AM.

My Ride
    Z

I suspect most people here, are in Canada, the same way most Canadians are.

Through good fortune and opportunity. Not through any sepcial meritorious action. I find people with that good fortune, exhibiting some form of entitlement, quite interesting.
    Haven't been by the 'Careers' subforum recently eh?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Wanna stop the gov't from bringing in more refugees and immigrants? It's very simple, start having kids; but remember, you'll need to have 2.1 kids just to maintain the current population level, let alone grow it. These days we have people waiting until their 30s and 40s just to start "trying" and of course the whiny selfish Gen Y and millenials, who are way too entitled and self absorbed, while the immigrants are out-fucking them 10 to 1.

I suspect most people here, are in Canada, the same way most Canadians are.

Through good fortune and opportunity. Not through any sepcial meritorious action. I find people with that good fortune, exhibiting some form of entitlement, quite interesting.
    Couldn't agree more.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Maybelater

Kind of what I was thinking reading this thread...

I know plenty of people in Calgary and in Vancouver whose parents came as refugees from places like Vietnam and Cambodia and have established themselves as hardworking, contributing families. Hell, I'd rather refugees come over to my part of Canada which are actually going to work and contribute to establish themselves over all the investor class, income tax dodging, status obsessed douche bags who flood into Vancouver ever year.
    enjoy your refugees:

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast