Quantcast
Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Originally posted by Type_S1

Justin & Notley would allow them to form a union, negotiate 80k salaries for menial work, become a branch of the government, have 3 employees per 2 coordinators per 1 supervisor in training per 1 supervisor per 1 Jr. Manager per 1 manager per 1 Sr. Manager per 1 Jr. VP per 1 VP per 1 executive VP. We will call each of these work groups "cells". With 5/7.5 hours per day being downtime due to laziness and lack of work ethic, like in various government union branches today, these various cells will have tons of times to plan attacks.

#thanksjustin #thanksnotley #AHS

Is nobody in this thread in their 20's who grew up in the hood? A large majority of the violence in junior high and high schools involved young male Muslim immigrants from war torn countries (lebs, afghans, iraqis, etc.). Obviously not all were bad but these people were born into a violent culture and they 100% without a doubt bring that shit over here. Instead of talking through problems and bettering themselves they form little groups and let instincts take over and fight, jump, "belt", or stab people. I can honestly say there were more men like this then ones trying to add to society where I grew up. The woman actually were extremely hard working and some of the most intelligent people in my schools.
    I grew up in "the hood" yes mostly coloured kids, yes high crime rates, but where is your mention of the whities that hung with the azn's? Bad kids and terrorists are 2 completely different things. In the "hood" the common denominator was low income, single parents, maybe even "hip hop" influenced. All my old Muslim buddies bumped 2pac way past it being cool. . Radicalization is the problem, none of the thugs or converted white Muslims I knew are a danger to anything but themselves. I do agree we need to be cautious going forward but again 1 broad stroke is a bad thing. . Also the last month in Calgary has been crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's not terrorism.

Originally posted by Type_S1

Is nobody in this thread in their 20's who grew up in the hood? A large majority of the violence in junior high and high schools involved young male Muslim immigrants from war torn countries (lebs, afghans, iraqis, etc.). Obviously not all were bad but these people were born into a violent culture and they 100% without a doubt bring that shit over here. Instead of talking through problems and bettering themselves they form little groups and let instincts take over and fight, jump, "belt", or stab people. I can honestly say there were more men like this then ones trying to add to society where I grew up. The woman actually were extremely hard working and some of the most intelligent people in my schools.
    Man this makes me feel old. Back in my day (imagine I'm waving a cane at you) we'd say this exact same thing, except replace Muslims with Chinese, Vietnamese and East Indians. Used to be that you could complain about gang war shootings and airplane bombings and honor killings and people would get riled up, but now society has moved on with their IPhones and Syrians and jihad

Originally posted by Antonito
    Man this makes me feel old. Back in my day (imagine I'm waving a cane at you) we'd say this exact same thing, except replace Muslims with Chinese, Vietnamese and East Indians. Used to be that you could complain about gang war shootings and airplane bombings and honor killings and people would get riled up, but now society has moved on with their IPhones and Syrians and jihad
    The bad apple Chinese and Vietnamese were typically the dealers involved in real crime. They typically didn't involve themselves in school drama. When these individuals targeted someone there was usually a real reason. It was the people coming from more barbaric cultures/backgrounds (previously mentioned) that would try to start fights with anyone possible for whatever reason possible. These Muslims were also extremely racist against other races growing up. Almost every lunch hour in both Jr high and high school there were fights between some of the AFG's or Leb's and some other race. Some older individuals or people who lived outside the NE will not understand this and think I'm overexageratting but it is quite accurate.

Again, I'm not saying all Muslims are bad as that is obviously a ridiculous statement, just saying that, from my 20+ years of experience with hundreds of cases, younger males from these war torn countries have a mentality and attitude toward life that results in an increased level of unwarranted violence and petty crime.

But... If you come from a wartorn country - Isn't violence a very part of your nature?

If Africa started dropping a few thousand two ton bombs on London and drone-ing people in the streets, what would the reaction be? If the retaliation wasn't militant, I would be shocked.

France has been doing a lot of bombing lately, arguably far more than the other European nations. Very inverventionist on Syria too. Without much doubt, France is an instigator.

Not only are the Syrian people being bombed by France, but they are also being pushed out by their own government.

Its an attitude I know all to well locally, if you are not white - Rob Anders historically will not shake your hand (until about two years ago on his seventeen year seat in office) What do you do when the government is not on your side? Also: Why should I pay a dime into a government that is going to keep me in the gunsights all the time? You find every excuse to keep money out of the hands of people like Rob Anders, and support your community instead. Quebecers also tend to take this stance, support the community first and not "King and country" or the government.

The US is trying to pitch that they are "not" targeting civilians in Syria. But its a pretty hard sell.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-14-2015 at 11:15 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

http://www.ibtimes.com/us-air-force-...-syria-1777616

BTW: The US does not appear to be using the larger post - WWII era bombs on Syria (directly or through French proxy), they are of course - using up the "cheap stuff", the 500 to 800 pound munitions that are really - starting to rust from disuse.

The general concensus is that the US dropped 7 million tons of conventional explosive bombs on Vietnam. In addition to the two million landmines that were places.

When you factor that in, its surprising how many Vietnamese stayed in the country to defend it. The Syrians are leaving on much much less aggression.

They still have plenty of cheap munitions left it seems.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-14-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Vietnam set the bar very high for definition of a "refugee".

It seems to be assumed that to truly be considered a refugee, a country has to have at least endured one million tons of conventional bombing. Of which Syria is not even close to yet, but they have had to endure chemical warfare like Agent Orange.

In many ways, Azns should be thanking Vietnam. It has definitely shown the European and western powers that even a relatively small Asian nation with moderate arms would not be a cakewalk to overrun.

That said: I still think Canada should have some (made in North Korea) Anti-aircraft defenses should the US ever decide to move from "friendly" to "neutral" on Canada. IE: Trump would definitely go to "neutral" on Mexico, and I'm pretty sure he "closet" respects the Vietnamese in general for holding out against the full force of the US military.

In my opinion, many Syrians are not "refugees" persay, they are simply seeking better economic opportunities in a time of stress. They try to use the occasional explosion as justification of being oppressed.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 11-15-2015 at 09:55 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

A bit lengthy, but i just saw this posted on facebook and figured it was worth a share here. Video about the immigrant crisis being faced in Germany.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015...across-europe/

i am scared for the world

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    A bit lengthy, but i just saw this posted on facebook and figured it was worth a share here. Video about the immigrant crisis being faced in Germany.

This quote is from the article: "Dubbed by the media as “refugees”, they cross through 6-10 safe countries to reach wealthy nations like Germany or Sweden where they hope to receive a better life at the expense of the taxpayer."

I love how there is never any discussion on what all this is going to cost Canada and the individual tax payers. Someone posted in one of the threads that the governments should change the laws so that you have to be working in the country for 10 years before you can take advantage of the social assistance programs and that would stop the flow of these 'refugees' et al Absolutely agree.

Originally posted by beyond_ban

This is at least the third time being posted in this thread. Great video to rile people up (especially with the hardcore metal music) but most intelligent can see past how fucking retarded it is

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

This is a disaster, no doubt about it. As much as I would like to help less fortunate, we are not in the position to right now and this possibly will create security threats. We can thank our neighbours to the south for this. It is a direct result of the Iraq war, destabilizing the area, dismantling the Iraq army, training and arming a new army whom were easily overtaken by ISIS. Now ISIS has over 2000 American armoured vehicles and 73000 American machine guns. American prisons in Iraq were a breeding ground for jihadists, while America turned a blind eye so ISIS could organize to overthrow the Assad regime. Who would have thought invading another country could have consequences.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by BMDUBS

This quote is from the article: "Dubbed by the media as “refugees”, they cross through 6-10 safe countries to reach wealthy nations like Germany or Sweden where they hope to receive a better life at the expense of the taxpayer."

I love how there is never any discussion on what all this is going to cost Canada and the individual tax payers. Someone posted in one of the threads that the governments should change the laws so that you have to be working in the country for 10 years before you can take advantage of the social assistance programs and that would stop the flow of these 'refugees' et al Absolutely agree.
    Once upon a time people came to Canada as refugees just to start a new life. When they got here they got a job and worked for what they had. That is how the success stories come to be.

The concept of giving these people money just for being here is asinine.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by killramos

Once upon a time people came to Canada as refugees just to start a new life. When they got here they got a job and worked for what they had. That is how the success stories come to be.

Have you ever tried leaving all your worldly possessions behind and starting from scratch with no money halfway around the world?

Without some money coming in during the transition, these family's would end up homeless on day one.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by blitz

Have you ever tried leaving all your worldly possessions behind and starting from scratch with no money halfway around the world?

Without some money coming in during the transition, these family's would end up homeless on day one.
    My Wife's family moved here from South Korea in the 70's and did just that, they lived in tents where COP now is and worked labor jobs till they had enough money to rent a place. They weren't given a dime. Both had University educations that weren't recognized in Canada. They survived.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So refugee camps?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    IMO, 2300 refugees into Calgary won't make much of a difference.

"But they come from a society of war and hatred"
    - Honestly, the most hateful, unstable, and violent people I encounter regularly are the coked up, meth'd up, alcoholic laid off people in this province who would club their own family members for 50 bucks.

"They'll feed off our social services"
    - not much worse than the laid off people already in this province who will ride the EI train to the end rather than take an ego hit and accept a low paying job. I see people who aren't refugees that would rather steal, commit B&Es, and become drug dealers before working at McDs.

IMO, the refugees will come in and accept the jobs that people already here won't do. Sure, some will rely on social services but they'll still be soaking up less cash than the laid off engineers and other professionals who won't be caught dead doing something "below them".

"but the terrorists!!!"
    - IMO, the spiraling crime, mental health, and domestic violence rate among people already here outweighs the risk of terrorism we will face in Alberta.
    Wow, so basically you think Albertans are already worse than any potentially terrorist that may be in the mix? That's pretty extreme.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by killramos

This is exactly how my family and many others started off. Everything we have, we worked for. There was assistance to help my parents find jobs but we never milked the system. NEVER. Many asians are very proud, would rather work 2 jobs than take what's not theirs. My family was well off in Vietnam and lost everything. Spent months at a refugee camp before they had a chance to get over here.
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30

This is exactly how my family and many others started off. Everything we have, we worked for. There was assistance to help my parents find jobs but we never milked the system. NEVER. Many asians are very proud, would rather work 2 jobs than take what's not theirs. My family was well off in Vietnam and lost everything. Spent months at a refugee camp before they had a chance to get over here.
    And I think we can all agree that these are the types of people and families we want coming to our country.

I don't even care if they have completely different values/beliefs then mine in every other aspect of their lives, as long as this is the way they approach life

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast