Quantcast
Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by HuMz
    I don't usually agree with Chris Matthews, but he brings up a great point that hasn't been mentioned if true. His answer is easy, in that why would you fight for your own country, when Germany has promised virtually anyone who arrives free entitlements and social benefits. It has eliminated any chance of a stable return to Syria for Syrian citizens.

https://youtu.be/a8wuPlIBR8w
    What an unbelievably brain dead comment.

You, a white christian kid in Canada sitting at your safe computer are going to give some guy from half way around the world shit for not wanting to give up any chance at a normal life and instead try to trudge through hell on earth until he inevitably dies trying to exterminate ISIS, an entity that only now exists due to intervention from our governments.

It's not their mess to clean up any more than it is ours. They didn't ask for this shit and had nothing to do with it.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/r...mise-1.3327352

I think Rex Murphy hit the nail on the head here. We CAN have both safety/caution... and compassion. A more realistic time frame is needed here. There is no need for such a rush.

Originally posted by googe

You, a white christian kid in Canada sitting at your safe computer are going to give some guy from half way around the world shit for not wanting to give up any chance at a normal life and instead try to trudge through hell on earth until he inevitably dies trying to exterminate ISIS, an entity that only now exists due to intervention from our governments.

It's not their mess to clean up any more than it is ours. They didn't ask for this shit and had nothing to do with it.
    i see both side

you need to remember lots of christian white kids from canada leave comfortable homes to go fight on enemies on other side of world

Originally posted by frizzlefry

Not really, they let in migrants and refugees as the flood of people made it near impossible to distinguish the two effectively. While I don't support a timeline based or number based strategy for bringing refugees into Canada it is worth pointing out that the European nations had the shit disadvantage of being landlocked with the countries of origin. A shit ton of people showed up at their doorstep.

Canada's situation is more "and you get to come, and you. And you." We don't have the border pressure EU nations did/do.
    Well you know Germany's good at building walls.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by googe

Since you seem to be hell bent on continuing to bring up me being a christian in a thread on Syrian refugees, what does that have to do with anything?

I would imagine its because you said earlier that it was fundamentalist Christians like me (whatever that is) that caused all of this. How did you come to that conclusion?

Also, I didn't give anyone shit for not wanting a chance at a normal life. Unfortunately when you aren't willing to engage with someone because you've already got them pinned down to an ideology you think they hold that you want to attack, you lose all ability to reason and properly comprehend what they are trying to say. Its the same routine, pop in to throw in your emotional jab or two, get called out for some justification, and then run.

We need more liberals to speak up like Bill Maher. Our minister of trade was annoying as hell.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by phreezee
    We need more liberals to speak up like Bill Maher. Our minister of trade was annoying as hell.

Maher's argument seems to be that values can't change, but seems to forget that American values were very different from even 50 years ago. Institutional oppression of blacks was still prevalent then. And the 1930's saw the internment of over 110,000 Japanese-Americans for the actions of people that they very likely had absolutely no connection to.

Basically, all I'm trying to say is that Americans 50 years ago would have had values and beliefs that would also have been at odds with today's America. Values and beliefs do change, they just need to be given a chance to.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

All I got from that video is that our Minister of International Trade isn't qualified to talk about anything international.

Someone who knew what the fuck they were talking about could have had a really good debate with Maher and the other panelists. Instead this dud kept repeating the same lines while it became embarrassingly apparent she was incapable of even understanding the other individuals arguments, let alone formulating an intelligent response.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
    All I got from that video is that our Minister of International Trade isn't qualified to talk about anything international.

Someone who knew what the fuck they were talking about could have had a really good debate with Maher and the other panelists. Instead this dud kept repeating the same lines while it became embarrassingly apparent she was incapable of even understanding the other individuals arguments, let alone formulating an intelligent response.
    She didn't do well in the clip, but I've been following Freeland for awhile now since she was writing for Thomson Reuters and she is very intelligent and has held her own against Maher in her other appearances on his show.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Originally posted by sexualbanana

She didn't do well in the clip, but I've been following Freeland for awhile now since she was writing for Thomson Reuters and she is very intelligent and has held her own against Maher in her other appearances on his show.
    Fair enough, I'll track down some of her other stuff and have a read.
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

I'm just going to leave this here:

While a lot of people are quick to criticize the Church in the West for this overall "Western" climate of refugee fear.... look at who is actually stepping up right now. I'm not Catholic, but a lot of Canadian Churches are the ones who are both financially and logistically stepping up to the plate to help.

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."
    and yet..here we are.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Spare rooms wanted for refugees arriving in B.C.
    "Securing permanent housing (for the refugees) will be impossible without your help," Friesen said in his call to the public for action. "We need to turn over every rock in this province to find the housing that will be necessary."
    http://www.vancouversun.com/news/spa...481/story.html

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Is rent cheap in BC or something? $785/month fot a family ro live in a basement suite seems like a landlord is leaving a ton of money on the table in terms of income, unless they are being allowed to write the loss off against taxes?

If he asks for the same here, I suspect Nenshi is in for a rude surprise when he sees the cost.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

You can't find a basement suite in Edmonton or Calgary for that price (MAYBE if it is a complete falling apart dump with pest problems), no way anywhere near the coast in BC has going rates that cheap.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

$785 you'll get a single bedroom in Vancouver. I think even a single bedroom in a rough area will cost at least $600.

Why don't they just send them to small town, BC where rent is way cheaper?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    You can't find a basement suite in Edmonton or Calgary for that price (MAYBE if it is a complete falling apart dump with pest problems), no way anywhere near the coast in BC has going rates that cheap.
    The point of refugee support is that they are supported to an extent and find work to cover the difference.

Its not like we are giving them enough money to sit around and do nothing. We are just giving them a hand up to get started.

White people just crack me up. Fuck you dipshits trip over yourself trying to be so politically correct.

http://ujjaldosanjh.org/index.php/en...nd-a-xenophobe

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast