Quantcast
Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

We don't have refuge camps in Canada. If we did, then the financial assistance wouldn't be required. It's a bare minimum amount that these people are allotted to take care of shelter and food.

There is zero difference between living in a government funded refuge camp and getting a stipend from the government for shelter and food.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 11:10 AM.

My Ride
    '03 S2000

This article from Atlantic Magazine throws some light on what ISIS is and what they are hoping to achieve ... This might help us understand the situation a bit better and what motivates them, say, to set off bombs attached to their bodies etc. Why would they do that? Check the article out ... somewhat "heavy" reading but I think a good article:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...-wants/384980/
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by blitz
    We don't have refuge camps in Canada. If we did, then the financial assistance wouldn't be required. It's a bare minimum amount that these people are allotted to take care of shelter and food.

There is zero difference between living in a government funded refuge camp and getting a stipend from the government for shelter and food.
    I'm not sure if your comments are directed at me but yes you are correct. There are no refuge camps in Canada. My family was in an island off Indonesia.

Your second comment I will not reply to. Your expertise on refuge camps versus my families experience vastly differs.

These people need help, yes. But to what extent?
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30
    Your second comment I will not reply to. Your expertise on refuge camps versus my families experience vastly differs.

These people need help, yes. But to what extent?
    Sorry, I meant zero economic difference between a refuge camp/group housing and a stipend. Both cost the taxpayers money.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Rat Fink

Not really extreme

You likely live a pretty clean life, but I'm sure there's another dimension to your city that you have no clue about.
    It's funny of how one group of people is disagreeing with one person's opinion based on anecdotal evidence, and then using their own to prove their point in the exact same manner

What most people don't realize is how insulated they are on both sides of the fence. But I am definitely on the "there are more shitty people than good people" in this world. Also, just because you act nice or do nice things doesn't actually make you a nice person. For a lot of people, it simply makes them a narcissist.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by That.Guy.S30

This is exactly how my family and many others started off. Everything we have, we worked for. There was assistance to help my parents find jobs but we never milked the system. NEVER. Many asians are very proud, would rather work 2 jobs than take what's not theirs.

Many open Chinese restaurants to serve our new masters only to get made fun of for serving fake Chinese food and wanting to kill them with MSG. Can't win.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Ford F150

lol max I like MSG. And ginger beef.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by blitz

Sorry, I meant zero economic difference between a refuge camp/group housing and a stipend. Both cost the taxpayers money.
    That and the media is going to rile the people up.

OK, say some of the refugees gets in trouble, can they be deported? Back to ?
    I am user #49

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by max_boost

Many open Chinese restaurants to serve our new masters only to get made fun of for serving fake Chinese food and wanting to kill them with MSG. Can't win.
    Oddly from this, I heard through random conversations that the derogatory term "Chinaman" was actually not meant to be at all, but rather there was only one guy in town that was Chinese and literally the China Man - who typically opened up a restaurant! Look at any shithole town in Alberta, I bet there's at least one Chinese restaurant.

No idea how true that is. But given how many Chinese were likely looking to do other things than forced labour on the railroad, it doesn't seem as far fetched as it initially sounds.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

I have been called Chinaman many times by these little innocent kids on delivery.

Mommy, the Chinaman is here
    I every time. Sometimes I bust out the fob accent and other times I channel the deep Batman voice.

BTW: What type of immigration do Canadians prefer?

Refugees?
    Temporary foreign workers?
    Skilled foreign labour?
    Hot foreign exchange students?
    Convenience marriages?
    Rich mainlanders like Sorath?

Or don't let anyone in at all?
    I am user #49

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by max_boost
    I have been called Chinaman many times by these little innocent kids on delivery.

I every time. Sometimes I bust out the fob accent and other times I channel the deep Batman voice.

BTW: What type of immigration do Canadians prefer?

Refugees?
    Temporary foreign workers?
    Skilled foreign labour?
    Hot foreign exchange students?
    Convenience marriages?
    Rich mainlanders like Sorath?

Or don't let anyone in at all?
    That depends? Are you asking a white guy from Alberta or Saskatchewan?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    oooo

You have to keep in mind that China and most of these other countries that people immigrate from actually have some sort of industry or something that requires skilled workers. These North African countries have absolutely nothing going on other than oil, mining and basic agriculture. Nothing is getting invented there, nothing is being manufactured there nothing but resources that are lucky (or unlucky) to have there.

For the most part these people will have no education (their school system was Baathist designed to make citizens align with their Sunni ideologies).

These people will not pick up English like other refugees - they tend to stick together and become very segregated (France has the most Muslims in Europe and they are mostly North African Muslims). The Brits don't have this problem because they are mostly Pakistani and Afghani Muslims, Germany has mostly Turkish Muslims. France has Syrians, Libyans etc.

These people will be very expensive to educate and train and most likely they will break off into their own little communities and separate as much as possible from mainstream society - like they have done in other countries.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Apparently ISIS sneaking in among refugees is not new ... (From Sept. 1):

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/is...ng-as-refugees
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by reijo
    Apparently ISIS sneaking in among refugees is not new ... (From Sept. 1):

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/is...ng-as-refugees
    Come on... next thing people will start saying people involved in the Somali genocide managed to get refugee status.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by tirebob
    That said, even though refugees go to the front of the line I do expect them to be vetted and properly checked out before being allowed to settle into the general public. I keep hearing that we are just randomly letting them in but so far I have not seen any proof that is the case other than everyday people saying it is happening. I personally find that hard to believe but would be willing to eat my words if someone can provide actual proof that is what is happening.

Just being scared of something happening is not proof something is happening...
    I wonder if you have changed your tune on this issue due to the recent events in Paris...
    Is it okay now to be scared that the government is not qualified to screen possible dangers when allowing refugees into the country?
    How many dead bodies will it take?
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Modelexis

I wonder if you have changed your tune on this issue due to the recent events in Paris...
    Is it okay now to be scared that the government is not qualified to screen possible dangers when allowing refugees into the country?
    Robin is that you?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Modelexis

Has there been any confirmation that the paris attacks were executed by refugees (the same ones that Canada is bringing in)? i keep hearing this from people but haven't seen any real source.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast