Quantcast
Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks

Originally posted by sabad66
    It's a video designed purely to scare people.
    Sure, video is over the top, doesn't change how scary things are actually getting over there though.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    G6

I'd welcome any of these refugees willing to assimilate to the Canadian lifestyle (whatever that is). I suspect some will come too fucked up from what they've seen/done over there, but the vast majority I'd expect to become fine citizens of Canada given enough time and support. We're a nation of immigrants.

As for all those thinking we're letting ISIS members in... give me a fucking break. Besides, that's what our police service is for. Let's not paint 25,000 people with a brush just because one or two might be bad guys...

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Us "bombing them" has little to do with their current situation.

Did it help? Maybe, maybe not.
    Elaborate on the "maybe" side?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can we just cut the crap and stop letting in anyone who has a different ethnic background than the folks on this forum? So pretty much, only let in asians, and maybe a couple whities.

Lets drop the pretense of economic motives.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
    Sure, video is over the top, doesn't change how scary things are actually getting over there though.
    How did you determine how scary things are actually getting over there?

Are you actually over there?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Can we just cut the crap and stop letting in anyone who has a different ethnic background than the folks on this forum? So pretty much, only let in asians, and maybe a couple whities.

Lets drop the pretense of economic motives.
    Jeez, i just don't think we should let anyone in.

My Country! *selfishchildface*
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Originally posted by Robin Goodfellow

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that single males are treated with suspicion.

Will they have a chance to explain that they are there to get their family settled, or will the presumption of ill-faith carry?
    I asked a question earlier and I don't believe it was answered. If Syria is so bad and worth fleeing due to safety concerns, why would these men leave their families behind? The journey can't possibly be worse than what they are fleeing right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The cost of fleeing is too high to bring everyone they want.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo

I asked a question earlier and I don't believe it was answered. If Syria is so bad and worth fleeing due to safety concerns, why would these men leave their families behind? The journey can't possibly be worse than what they are fleeing right?
    I know a man who had fled his homeland ahead of his family and spent every waking minute saving every penny possible until there was enough to get them over. He said it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. If he stayed where he was his family would have been a target and without him they were able to survive and he lived with nothing and did everything he could to get enough money and succeeded in getting them here.

You do not know hardship until you know the type of hardship that forces you to separate from your family as the only hope of possibly living or dying. Just because we have never had to experience that type of horrific decision in our privileged lives does not mean that isn't reality for others.
    Last edited by tirebob; 11-13-2015 at 10:46 AM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Funny how helping Canada's veterans and homeless didn't seem to be a priority until Syrian refugees were involved. I'd imagine it would blow people's minds if there was an ethnic Syrian vet who is now homeless.

Also, if you've ever spent time talking to any first generation immigrant from any country, they'll tell you that it's comparatively easier (and theoretically safer) for a single male of the family to immigrate to another country, work and save money and then bring their family over (through the right channels obviously), than for an entire family to immigrate all at once.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Feruk
    I'd welcome any of these refugees willing to assimilate to the Canadian lifestyle (whatever that is). I suspect some will come too fucked up from what they've seen/done over there, but the vast majority I'd expect to become fine citizens of Canada given enough time and support. We're a nation of immigrants.

As for all those thinking we're letting ISIS members in... give me a fucking break. Besides, that's what our police service is for. Let's not paint 25,000 people with a brush just because one or two might be bad guys...

Are you volunteering your house to hold 50 of them?

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    Also, if you've ever spent time talking to any first generation immigrant from any country, they'll tell you that it's comparatively easier (and theoretically safer) for a single male of the family to immigrate to another country, work and save money and then bring their family over (through the right channels obviously), than for an entire family to immigrate all at once.
    But that wouldn't be the case of they were legit refugees. The whole family would go. Let in families. No single males. Germany is having issues with the single males they let in. German nightclub bans refugees for harrasing women

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Feruk

Well, in regards to this:

Originally posted by ragu

Past
    - Iraq: Bombing because they had WMD?
    - Libya: Canada’s CF-18s being part of “Al-Qaeda’s air force”
    Both Iraq and Libya were messed up way before this. If you'd like a brief rundown of the fuck-uped-ness of both, by all means start reading. That info is easy enough to find on the web (wikipedia is a great place to start). If you want to question why I say this, at least be prepared to have done some reading on the backstory (I'm not insulting you, nor trying to be mean, just being honest). If you'd like to prove that I am wrong that these countries have not been fucked up forever, please try and show me why it is you believe that.

Saddam was pretty crazy, and Khadafi was f*&king nuts. They were crazed dictators, look at the Gulf war, practically started by Saddam acting like a 6 year old pissed off at a sibling That's part of the problem that everyone has with all of this, these countries (and their citizens) are making their problems OUR problems, whereas all of our countries went through revolutions and tens of thousands of deaths (hundreds of thousands?) to get to where we are today, because rather than exporting our shit, we decided to make our countries better places. Edit - My point in all of this is that you go "the west ruined it, waaaaaah" and I go "it was already ruined, maybe we've set it on a different course". It'll take decades to find out.

No one here has a problem with refugees. I've met many myself, and most are great. We just don't agree with rushing the process for political pandering purposes. I have zero interest in giving up my right to safety so we can welcome a cluster-fuck wall of refugees with zero screening.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by tirebob
    I know a man who had fled his homeland ahead of his family and spent every waking minute saving every penny possible until there was enough to get them over. He said it was the hardest thing he ever had to do. If he stayed where he was his family would have been a target and without him they were able to survive and he lived with nothing and did everything he could to get enough money and succeeded in getting them here.

You do not know hardship until you know the type of hardship that forces you to separate from your family as the only hope of possibly living or dying. Just because we have never had to experience that type of horrific decision in our privileged lives does not mean that isn't reality for others.
    Of course none of us can truly understand the hardships these people are facing, and I think we have a moral duty to help. But many of these men who have left their families behind are doing so as political migrants, not refugees. Almost half of them aren't even from Syria.

We have been told that we will be taking in 25,000 Syrian refugees (not migrants), I am perfectly fine with that, as long as the proper security protocols are in place and these people are properly vetted. Immigration experts have said that this will be impossible according to Trudeau's plan to have them here in 6 weeks. Therefore, we either try and rush them through so that Trudeau doesn't end up looking like an idiot breaking his first campaign promise. Or else he does the sensible thing and announces it will take some more time to ensure all of the security measures are taken.

In Germany, it was essentially a free for all. Now they are left with 193,500 migrants still in the country despite having their applications for asylum rejected. Tax payers are now on the hook to pay for all of these rejected people to be flown back in military planes. This is exactly why people should be concerned that all of the vetting takes place BEFORE they come into Canada, instead of once they are here and were responsible to get them back to where they came from if they fail security measures.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by sputnik

How did you determine how scary things are actually getting over there?

Are you actually over there?
    There are many media outlets reporting on some of the problems they are having. Just because CNN, Global, BBC, And CBC only show these refugees/migrants in positive light, doesn't mean there aren't serious concerns.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by frizzlefry

But that wouldn't be the case of they were legit refugees. The whole family would go.
    I hate to take any side in this argument, but this is totally correct.

You can tell as many tear jerking stories as you want about an immigrant that left his family behind, worked hard and brought them over. It happens. I've seen it.

This isn't that though. These are refugees, not immigrants. The whole family would be allowed in. There would be no saving up money. They would be given money when they got here.

And for everyone that is so adamantly in support of this, I invite you to go downtown and find a homeless person and invite them over for dinner at your house, and offer them your spare bed for a few nights of warmth. After all, you're just privileged and don't know their struggle.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by frizzlefry

But that wouldn't be the case of they were legit refugees. The whole family would go. Let in families. No single males. Germany is having issues with the single males they let in. German nightclub bans refugees for harrasing women
    Yeah, because women never got harassed at nightclubs before the refugees.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

I'll just leave these here for you guys to enjoy

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=684_1445692570 We need more of this! I got an idea! Lets bring as much of this to the west as possible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vzMNG2fZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inCUtR9RSKc

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Yeah, because women never got harassed at nightclubs before the refugees.
    Read the article? The club said they were following women into the washroom, calling them sluts and offering money for sex. Goes beyond typical bro harassment, if it's true of course.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ of course its true. You think their just gonna make that up? These people are animals. women are classified below dogs. I mean. wow.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Originally posted by InRich
    I'll just leave these here for you guys to enjoy

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=684_1445692570 We need more of this! I got an idea! Lets bring as much of this to the west as possible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vzMNG2fZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inCUtR9RSKc
    But if we don't support them and embrace these barbaric rituals, people will call us racist!!!

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast