Quantcast
Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

An immigration crisis like this is exactly what is going to get someone like trump elected president.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

That video infuriated me... What the actual fuck is Treudeau thinking will happen here? What exactly am I missing? Has the entire rest of the world gone insane thinking these people will come here with warm fuzzies excited to start a new life? Their country is shitty because they made it that way, don't come here wanting to spread your radicalist bullshit.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    That video infuriated me... What the actual fuck is Treudeau thinking will happen here? What exactly am I missing? Has the entire rest of the world gone insane thinking these people will come here with warm fuzzies excited to start a new life? Their country is shitty because they made it that way, don't come here wanting to spread your radicalist bullshit.
    Originally posted by killramos
    An immigration crisis like this is exactly what is going to get someone like trump elected president.
    I think there is some kind of assumption that what is happening in Europe won't happen here for some reason. Even if someone is elected who would do something about the problems, we have no means to toss them out. Especially since the Liberals will let them stay instead of admit they were wrong.

You can't security screen people for their messed up ideas about women and that rape/sexual assault is acceptable behavior.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Start a petition to send them back?

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Originally posted by FraserB

I think there is some kind of assumption that what is happening in Europe won't happen here for some reason. Even if someone is elected who would do something about the problems, we have no means to toss them out. Especially since the Liberals will let them stay instead of admit they were wrong.

You can't security screen people for their messed up ideas about women and that rape/sexual assault is acceptable behavior.
    That video gave me the creeps this morning....

I take back what I said before. I"m locking my door at the office.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

You have a large % of Canadians (some in this thread) who are not able to acknowledge that there is bad cultures out there. They don't think any of these people are actually bad who want to destroy us, they are just a product of bad circumstance aND we can help. It's why they can use the Vietnamese boat people as a prior example, it just shows they're either oblivious or ignorant to the Syrian situation when looked at in its whole context.

Rob Breakinridge on 770 completely embarrassed himself the other day when a caller shared how he brought in 2 Syrians for work which seemed like a great idea. That was until they had a female supervisor put over them and they harassed her and refused to work under her. Rob dismissed it as being one case, as if by a large there isn't an alarming of men in the region who don't feel the same way. People would rather willfully believe a lie, then to acknowledge there are a large number of radical Muslims on the planet whose goal to overtake the world.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Another interesting perspective.

But Syria and those people didnt create this crisis or blow up their own country. They are victims. They would prefer not to leave.

To understand why they have to leave, I suggest a quick google of just "syria images", and see what conditions they are risking their lives to escape.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

I'm surprised some people are seeing these video's for the first time, they've been coming out for months getting worse all the time. I think Europe is in big trouble, and things will get much worse for them over time.

As for here, looks like the public opinion bringing in so many doesn't matter, it's just going to happen anyway.
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by 04Terminator

But Syria and those people didn't create this crisis or blow up their own country.
    Ummmm are you sure about that?

People sure have short memories...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Originally posted by M.alex

enjoy your refugees:

That is one fucked up video.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Deetz
    As for here, looks like the public opinion bringing in so many doesn't matter, it's just going to happen anyway.
    By the time people get clued in, it will be too late for them or the government to do anything. You could probably forestall some issues by only admitting families with no male children over 16, but I doubt it would prevent every issue. There should certainly be zero admittance for single males between 17 and 55.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

double
    Last edited by Silviawannab; 11-12-2015 at 09:49 AM.
    1991 Silvia wannabe 240sx. 2jz power. 8.9 sec @ 154mph, 1.35 60 foot.
    Sponsored by EBAY parts

Originally posted by Xtrema

http://www.thestar.com/news/atkinson..._refugees.html

We took in 60,000 "boat people" in 18 months in early 80's.

I'm sure a good portion of Beyond members won't be here if it weren't for this gesture.
    Comparing the Vietnam War with the Syrian conflict is a farce. The Vietnamese fought for their country and the Syrians are fleeing for greener pastures and better wifi.

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

Hubby and I were in Belgrade , and saw many refugess first hand, as they were passing through, on their way to the EU and Germany.

They were free to wander around, no security, no fences, and stayed in 2 parks right beside our Hotel in central Belgrade, waiting for loved ones, or taking a break from their ordeal.

I have a few pictures and video. I was apprehensive at first, but they are just people, escaping something terrible. We walked through, sat down, bought food in areas nearby, as Belgradians have been doing for months, and they too are by large margin supportive of these peoples plight.

When we were there, our cousin said that the refugess had greatly reduced in number, and there was 10x as many a few weeks prior.

There's nothing to be scared of in my opinion, I can't even imagine the misery these people have endured.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sponsored by EBAY parts

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Silviawannab

*snip*
    There's nothing to be scared of in my opinion, I can't even imagine the misery these people have endured.
    You won't have to imagine it, they're gonna bring it here. It's just a matter of time.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Originally posted by phreezee

Comparing the Vietnam War with the Syrian conflict is a farce. The Vietnamese fought for their country and the Syrians are fleeing for greener pastures and better wifi.
    Is that a fact?

No.

Syrians are victims of targetted attempted regime change, by Saudi, America, Isis, Separatist rebels armed, funded and trained by outsiders and so on. This has been ongoing for years. Google some images as I previously suggested.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by 04Terminator
    But Syria and those people didnt create this crisis or blow up their own country. They are victims.
    Most probably are victims. It's who might be mixed in among them that's the concern.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

Originally posted by cjblair

You won't have to imagine it, they're gonna bring it here. It's just a matter of time.
    Are you sure?

Sponsored by EBAY parts

Originally posted by firebane
    Take ANY fast food joint for example and how often do food orders get screwed up because they don't listen or can't understand you?
    Based on my personal experience, you must be referring to the 16 year old white kid from the suburbs taking my order.

I have a good feeling that if the refugees were from a western Judeo-Christian country there wouldn't be any backlash.

Closet racism at its finest.
    Last edited by sputnik; 11-12-2015 at 10:22 AM.

What do you want to bet that one of these 2300 Syrian refugees builds a big house in Bearspaw before anyone in this thread does.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast