Quantcast
Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks - Page 33 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Here comes the trainwreck - 2,300 refugees into Calgary in the next 6-8 weeks

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Man you seriously don't have a clue. My grandparents attended residential schools guess what they were not First Nations. No their parents were farmers in the middle of nowhere and that's how you educated your kids. You sent them off to school AKA residential school.

Yeah and let's ignore the fact that the First Nations were happily killing each other and performing genocide on each other and blame all those damn pesky Europeans for all the troubles in the world. Not to mention the First Nations were quite happy keeping slaves and whatnot but eh. Let's go with the noble savage mythos.
    Residential schools were government-sponsored religious schools established to assimilate Aboriginal children into Euro-Canadian culture. It was very inhuman; they were little children; little human beings.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

So here are your "1 %" ers from Somalia shooting up Ten club downtown. Again, immigrants who are racist/entitled (and therefore, everyone has to accept THEIR views) make a far larger portion that you care to admit.

I would guess that a good 30% of immigrants from war-torn/eastern block countries contribute negatively to ours.

You cant be xenophobic, but you cant let people in with open arms and eyes closed either.

Last edited by revelations; 01-10-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Looks like the start of a Blacked video.

repost
    Last edited by phreezee; 01-11-2016 at 09:42 PM.

Originally posted by phreezee
    Wow:

https://www.facebook.com/OCEANSIDEGA...9874159122841/
    This makes me sick an unbelievably angry to watch
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Originally posted by OTown
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD6L7KezAA4
    Bros have some pretty sweet haircuts for living on the street.

Love the "We expected the government to do more."

Are you now in a country where you're not having to worry about bomb attacks / getting executed by ISIS members?

This part I found interesting:

" 'THEY' all said come to Germany. There are flats, they distribute money and give you a job. But that's all wrong. "

Who the hell are 'THEY' , the refugees fleeing Syria on a hope and a dream spreading rumors throughout the camp? Did they think they would land in a country and be greeted with their complementary truckload of money and home w/ a job waiting for them? Really? Is that what Syria was like before the conflict? No, probably not. So why would any where else be like that.

THEN, he gets put up by a German couple - and he complains that he is uncomfortable and is still getting used to the situation? It makes him embarrassed? I wonder if any Calgarians were embarrassed when they had to stay with people during the floods. No, they were probably grateful to have somebody take them in.

It's interesting , since a lot of places people live in Scotland/England have their living room, kitchen, bedroom all in 1 room as well My father in law who came from Glasgow told me him and his 2 sisters slept in the kitchen/dining/living room (1 giant common room) since there was only 1 bedroom, the common room, and a bathroom.

That sells for 110,000 GBP in Berkshire

I'm sort of curious...

Say ISIS landed in Canada and happened to plan a bunch of militant strikes that officially declared war on Canada and became a credible threat... how many people would run to the west coast and stick their hands out like chimps wanting food saying "Can I have a ticket to Australia please?!?!"

I'd enlist in the military to fight back. Sorry, I love my country too much, I'm not leaving.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 10:58 AM.

The chimp comment wasn't a racist comment - stop being so butt hurt and taking everything so dramatically.

Life isn't about hand outs - they are dealt a VERY shitty hand, and I'm actually happy with how Canada is handling the situation right now with refugees.

That said this isnt 1935 poland where they woke up one morning and were occupied - ISIS was a growing threat for quite awhile, this didn't just happen over the summer. Basic training for WW2 was anywhere from 10 weeks to 14 days and we produced some of the hardest soldiers out of every day men. If you needed to, you could have a strong militia to fight back, but everybody keeps pussy footing around, the world should have stepped up sooner to fight ISIS but kept saying "Not our war, not our problem" - and now it IS our problem with refugees needing aslyum

Maybe we should have been helping train the population sooner and providing support before it reached this.

We just defended a training compound - and Trudeau wants to pull us out?

http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/181220151

Think if our soldiers weren't there, it would have been overrun and they would have gotten more military supplies.

But to what end? They clearly need somebody to fight their fights for them, but liberalism has the mindset of "Not our land, not our war" and removes troops because they don't want conflict.

War is messy and fucking miserable, but Syria is the PERFECT example of what happens when the world turns it's back on a real threat.

We've all seen this image floating around with the caption "This is why they are leaving Syria" - as you described it, Hell on Earth

Then the same people support us pulling out Airstrikes and don't want ANY involvement from a military standpoint.

Did you watch Trudeau with Dawna Friesen on New Years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO6QGis2RU8

23:50 Dawna starts talking about military services, our future in Syria and ISIS.

Now at 24:55 Dawna starts asking Justin what he wants to do without the air strikes since they're being pulled out - he skirts the question mumbling his "feel good" propaganda about diplomatic efforts, humanitarian efforts, refugee efforts (but doesn't give specifics...) - Then at 25:40 he talks specifically about pulling out the CF-18's and doing "something else" - like "training"

Which Dawna asks him at 26:10 to provide examples of when training other armies has actually ever worked. He spouts off random engagements we were involved with - and Dawna quickly , and correctly interrupts him about how Afghanistan & Iraq are still unstable, even after our support.

Then he mumbles, in his exact quote:

"The best people to be taking back their homes and their communities from these terrorists are those that FLED THESE HOMES & COMMUNITIES..."
    How does that work? How are militias fighting for their land if they're not even in their country?

These people need help, they needed help long ago - but everybody is too scared to hurt other peoples feelings to actually get involved and stop these ISIS assholes.

I hate to quote a TV show, but this scene in Homeland this season was fucking poignant.

Obviously "hitting the reset button" is ludicrous, but us sitting here sending care packages , jackets, removing any military involvement WILL NOT HELP

My Ride
    NC1

Isn't this part of the grand plan to destabilize the entire region. Well what now. It's just a shit show. One would think the absolute rule prior was better for the region. Assad, Hussein, Gaddafi.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    I'd like to hear your strategy.
    Not my job. And sure you'll accuse me that's a cop out answer, that's fine - but since really ANY involvement in the last 2 decades any military involvement is being censored by public relations.

In the book "No Easy Day" , they go into details how even the SEALS have to have regular troops around to make sure they aren't breaking any laws.

Knocking on doors now vs raiding into homes to catch militants.

I get it, you don't want to infringe on human rights in countries under siege , but right now the option is let them sit in the civilian population , doing what they're doing, recruiting through fear & murder (like what the Nazi's did) - or actually fight them and stomp them into the ground.

I don't feel like there is any easy answers to this problem, but what we plan on doing, it won't work.

Just saying, the world would be a very different place if on 1944 June 6th if everybody stayed home that day .

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    That pic on the right reminds me of Bangalore haha. I've seen worse?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Obviously "hitting the reset button" is ludicrous, but us sitting here sending care packages , jackets, removing any military involvement WILL NOT HELP
    First Bravo on an amazingly well put post.

Second, you are right, "hitting the reset button" is ludicrous... but what is more ludicrous? Collateral damage by the thousands? Or the millions killed in recent years?

That truly is part of the problem, governments are too terrified to do what is necessary. It's like amputating a limb that is going to kill you. "But our moral code as doctors says to do no harm!" "Well fuck me doctor, I'm dead anyways if you don't chop that shit off!"

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by max_boost
    Isn't this part of the grand plan to destabilize the entire region. Well what now. It's just a shit show. One would think the absolute rule prior was better for the region. Assad, Hussein, Gaddafi.
    bINGO .... one can basically thank the Americans for all this.

There was sectarian conflict but the iron rule kept them in line. But thats ok, the public thinks the Americans had no idea that this would be the end game, so the government is off the hook for liability in the public's eye.

Originally posted by 01RedDX

I won't accuse you of anything because there is no simple answer and intervention definitely is not one. But there are past lessons to learn from, too many of them. After the Iran intervention we got the theocracy. After the Afghan intervention we got the Taliban. After the Iraq intervention we got ISIL and Al Qaeda. After the Libya intervention we got whatever the fuck we have now (it's not good.) I'm sure you can tell where I'm going with this. I dunno, maybe they feel entitled because we keep intervening every single time? My point is, let's leave them the fuck alone until they absolutely have to solve it themselves and stick to what we're good at, which is helping people.

Theocracy:
    "The Islamic Republic of Iran has been described as a "theocratic republic" (by the US Central Intelligence Agency),[12] and its constitution a "hybrid" of "theocratic and democratic elements" by Francis Fukuyama.[13] Like other Islamic states, it maintains religious laws and has religious courts to interpret all aspects of law. According to Iran's constitution, "all civil, penal financial, economic, administrative, cultural, military, political, and other laws and regulations must be based on Islamic criteria"

Taliban:
    "The Taliban's extremely strict and anti-modern ideology has been described as an "innovative form of sharia combining Pashtun tribal codes,"[211] or Pashtunwali, with radical Deobandi interpretations of Islam favored by JUI and its splinter groups. Also contributing to the mix was the militant Islamism and extremist jihadism of Osama bin Laden."

al-Qaeda:
    "The radical Islamist movement in general and al-Qaeda in particular developed during the Islamic revival and Islamist movement of the last three decades of the 20th century, along with less extreme movements."

ISIL:
    ISIL is a Salafi or Wahhabi group. It follows an extremist interpretation of Islam, promotes religious violence, and regards Muslims who do not agree with its interpretations as infidels or apostates.

Do you see a trend?

I don't believe all Muslims are terrorists, and I certainly don't buy into that rhetorical old adage "... but all terrorists are Muslim" , so don't think I'm painting them all with one brush.

But "leaving them the fuck alone" isn't an answer.

World trade center bombing (93), Empire state building shooting, 9/11, UNC SUV attack, Boston Marathon bombing, Charlie Hebdo, Saint-jeana-sur-richelieu, Shooting at Parliament Hill, Bataclan...

3,133 Deaths (not including perpetrators)
    7,720 Injured

and the best course of action is to "Leave them alone" ?

Do you think they plan on stopping? These attacks are also just western world - there are way more attacks on innocents in the Middle East. They will not stop, they LITERALLY (and I literally mean the word "LITERALLY") believe their sole purpose is to reign in the end of days and will have their final stand off in Dabiq - they plan on storming Italy with their army , going into Rome, killing the "Crusaders" , destroying crucifixes and enslaving all Christian women.

But maybe if we ignore them, they'll just go away?

It's a fucked up situation, but this will not stop by pretending they're the bully on the playground

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast