Quantcast
Wanted: US Sim card - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wanted: US Sim card

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Default Wanted: US Sim card

Hoping someone has one lying around they don't need/want anymore. I tried looking online and Tmobile and AT&T won't ship sim cards to Canada it apepars.

I'm going down for new years, meeting a friend at the airport and then rushing to a show, unfortunately no cell shops in LAX sell sim cards as well as its a pain to set one up without an active phone/internet connection.

Hoping someone here has an extra I can use to active just before I go down
    Last edited by pheoxs; 11-12-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Have you checked out Roam Mobility? It's what I use when I travel. Can buy the Sim for $10 at Staples. Activate it for the dates you're travelling and as long as you use it once per year can keep the same US number as well.

https://www.roammobility.com/

+1 for Roam. Worked flawlessly when I went into the states, decent rates as well.

Also use Roam Mobility. Picked up the card at Staples and depending what you need $2-$4/day.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I'm in a bit of an odd situation, I really need a US number since the people I need to talk to / contact mostly are all in the US, so its international for them to call or text me, otherwise Id just use my work phone anyways since we have a north america plan.

I'm trying to get a US sim card / US number so we can message each other for free and such.

Edit: Actually wait, you get a US number with roam, I was thinking it was just a cheap Canada plan, thats perfect thanks!

I should read first

Originally posted by pheoxs
    I'm in a bit of an odd situation, I really need a US number since the people I need to talk to / contact mostly are all in the US, so its international for them to call or text me, otherwise Id just use my work phone anyways since we have a north america plan.

I'm trying to get a US sim card / US number so we can message each other for free and such.

Edit: Actually wait, you get a US number with roam, I was thinking it was just a cheap Canada plan, thats perfect thanks!

I should read first
    Yep USA number. You can get it local to where you are visiting. You are allowed to change it once after for free (but only once).

My Ride
    Busa

Was using Roam Mobility in LA/Anaheim just yesterday actually. It worked great and I even had LTE+ for the first time ever on my S6.

It's a pretty good deal considering the amount of data you get. We just drove down to LV with the kids for a week and they were mighty happy having NetFlix on the overhead TV the whole way. I did pay for the extended coverage option that gives you access to all AT&T towers as well which came in handy.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

http://www.acta.ca/advisory/1210/roam1210.html
    20% off sim

Give that a shot if you need to order a sim, worked for me a few months back.