Quantcast
Tools - Deals and Discounts Thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tools - Deals and Discounts Thread

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Even if you don't get it at $75, it looks like from the comments it goes on sale at $99 pretty regularly. I'm tempted to pick this up, but I really don't use the one I have enough to necessitate a second one (though having a drill with two batteries is pretty handy).
    $100 seems to be the regular price in the last year.

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Weapon_R

No but it's in store, picked one up a couple months ago and according to RFD its still available.
    I swung by HD after the gym today to get some weatherstripping and had a gander at the Milwaukee while I was there. Not a bad deal, but the big difference between it and the Bosch is that the $99 Milwaukee only comes with a single battery, while the $75 Bosch comes with two. The Milwaukee is still a decent deal, but I still have to give the edge to the Bosch as the Milwaukee battery is an additional $100, so to get the same kit you've gotta pay $200 instead of $75 - and while I'm sure the Milwaukee is a better quality tool (and perhaps has a higher capacity battery), I don't think it's that much better for your average homeowner. $200 would be better spent (again, IMO) on the Ridgid drill + impact + 2 battery kit with the lifetime warranty.

Edit: Nope, both drills have 1.5Ah battery(s). No edge to the Milwaukee there.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

damn you, came downstairs to make some tea, while the kettle was warming up, decided to quickly check out beyond.....and ended up buying a drill before the water even boiled....

don't really need one but getting tired hauling the extension cord everytime I need to do a small job, so this will help.

reminds me of this:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    For $179 you can get the Ridgid Drill/Driver impact combo, with 2 batteries and free lifetime battery replacement. I also think they're better tools than Bosch's low-end stuff. For the average home owner though who might use a drill once every few months, this is a decent deal and they will never know the difference.

Only thing I hate about a lot of the combos these days is they are ditching the hard cases in favor of these useless fabric "contractor bags". The hard cases are sooooo much nicer but usually only come with the really high end stuff now.
    Fabric "contractor" bag - hah, at the site I've been at for the past two months you will not find a single tradesperson/contractor who uses a fabric bag. Tools are either locked up in a big tool case or transported in a smaller case or plastic 5 gallon bucket. Fabric bags are a PITA as are had cases - just more shit to carry around or look after.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by eblend
    damn you, came downstairs to make some tea, while the kettle was warming up, decided to quickly check out beyond.....and ended up buying a drill before the water even boiled....
    You don't even know how many times I get RFD'ed in a week.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by speedog

Fabric "contractor" bag - hah, at the site I've been at for the past two months you will not find a single tradesperson/contractor who uses a fabric bag. Tools are either locked up in a big tool case or transported in a smaller case or plastic 5 gallon bucket. Fabric bags are a PITA as are had cases - just more shit to carry around or look after.
    I still use all my fabric bags that my tools came in, until they wear out, then they get their own tub. The bags are great, they are pretty sturdy, the handles let me carry a few at a time, and the bag keeps all the accessories together...

But then again, I like to keep my stuff in good condition, and I don't like just tossing all my stuff into a box.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

This drill is usually on sale for $100 on amazon. I bought it in September for that price. Love this drill though. Small, compact, and powerful. and the battery lasts a long time.

Originally posted by speedog

Yeah the bags are a joke. There's no dividers or anything, so if you want to use it, it's literally no different than just randomly chucking your drills, batteries, and charger into a fabric grocery bag haha. I would never put any tools I cared about in one of those things.

I been using my Stanley Fat Max impact driver and hammer drill set for two years now and have built a deck, lots of wood furniture, tire changeovers, assemble Ikea furniture, polishing my cars, other random stuff around the house, I think I paid 179 for both with two batteries and the bag, I think they look the best and feel great, very grippy... For some reason I find these other brands look like toys or just look too plasticky... Maybe it's the blue color...
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 11-21-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Just received the drill today, much more than i expected.

Drill has the two speed transmission for low and high tq., as well full variable speed where you can slowly squeeze teh trigger and as you increase pressure so does the speed. Some drills that are considered "dual speed" is basically either say 500 rpm and 1350 rpm, not the 0-1350 rpm. Also this thing has the electric brake that prevents over drilling and tightening.

For sure impressed. Had something similar from Sears that I've used for close to 15 years that just recently kicked it last year. Have been looking for a replacement with all these features, and the price...fucking eh!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

^ Don't all drills do that stuff? lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by killramos
    ^ Don't all drills do that stuff? lol
    No... not everyone is spoiled with brothers who have professional equipment.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/arti...0166-2,00.html

The least expensive drills run at a single speed, but most have two fixed speeds: 300 rpm and 800 rpm. A slide switch or trigger lets you select high or low speed. These drills are ideal for most light-duty operations. The low speed is for driving screws, the high speed for drilling holes.

For more refined carpentry and repair tasks, choose a drill that has the same two-speed switch and a trigger with variable speed control that lets you vary the speed from 0 rpm to the top of each range. And if you do more hole drilling than screwdriving, look for more speed — 1,000 rpm or higher — at the top end.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

who knew
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Bump

https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-DDB181-0...keywords=bosch

Available for $89.99 with in cart $50 discount.
    Not as good a deal as $75 last time but still good.

I am a huge fan of Bosch tools, and that is a wicked deal! If I didn't have a newer Rigid drill set I would be buying that one for sure...

Originally posted by jwslam
    Bump

https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-DDB181-0...keywords=bosch

Available for $89.99 with in cart $50 discount.
    Not as good a deal as $75 last time but still good.
    Amazon messed up on pricing a few days ago on this combo kit;

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00N8I29O6/...709130_TE_dp_1

$89.25 to my door

Pricing only lasted about 30 minutes or so before they caught on.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by killramos
    who knew
    Seriously, I've never had a drill that didn't do that stuff. haha

edit: except my Makita cordless impact driver. It's full variable, but only single speed... which is normal for an impact driver.
    Last edited by bjstare; 09-01-2016 at 03:34 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Making a thread title change. Post any deals you guys see in this thread, cause I likes a good price on tools

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Makita-12-V...209W/202945283

This is an exceptional set for the average homeowner. I couldn't find it on the Canadian site, but I bought mine on sale for $125 with a 49pc drill/driver set. I'm a carpenter and have used many different drills including 18v, 24v, hammer drills, etc and now this is what I use for 95% of my work. It is so much lighter than the 18v version, it's smaller to get into tighter spots if needed and has just as much power. The impact easily has enough power to drive 3" wood screws into hardwood, though this is one the task I still grab my bigger drill for if I have more than a handful of screws to drive.

Overall, I love this drill more than any other drill I have and so do many of the electricians/carpenters I work with. I've had mine for about 3 years, use it almost daily and hasn't skipped a beat. Still on the original batteries and still going strong.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by NoSup4U
    Amazon messed up on pricing a few days ago on this combo kit;

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00N8I29O6/...709130_TE_dp_1

$89.25 to my door

Pricing only lasted about 30 minutes or so before they caught on.
    Dang, great deal. I have been wanting to get a driver, but the stand alone ones are expensive and I don't want a $300 combo since I really only need one drill.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast