Quantcast
Grassroots Northland Farmers' Market moving - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Grassroots Northland Farmers' Market moving

Default Grassroots Northland Farmers' Market moving

K, since I know some of you do shop at farmers' markets in or around Calgary I thought I'd give you all the head's up that the Grassroots Northland Farmers' Market is moving away from Northland Village Mall after 24 continuous years there.

Yes, I have a personal connection to this market in that a non-profit that my wife sits on owns this market and she has also managed this market for 9 years.

Never the less, I do know that there are some beyond members do frequent this market and thought a notice would be courteous. The reason for this move is that the current owners of Northland Village Mall are intending to undertake a major redevelopment of that property and they will not be able to accommodate the farmers market moving forward.

So the new location will be in the NE parking lot at Deerfoot City - am in the process of moving the sea can right now. Other changes will probably include some sort of name change to reflect the new location. Most of our current vendors will be following us to the new location and it appears that the market will be able to expand into new offerings that they were unable to provide at Northland.

Mods, you're more than welcome to delete this thread if it violates forum rules - otherwise, the Grassroots Skaters Foundation would like you to come check out Calgary's oldest continuously running and largest outdoor seasonal farmers market at Deerfoot City next spring.
    Last edited by speedog; 11-22-2015 at 10:46 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This new location will be handled for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

rip

I appreciate the heads-up, speedog. Northland was very convenient for me as it was just a short jaunt down Shag from Hidden Valley, and it broke up the week nicely. Deerfoot isn't that bad, though, and more importantly, sounds like it will be better for the market

Originally posted by raceman6135
    I appreciate the heads-up, speedog. Northland was very convenient for me as it was just a short jaunt down Shag from Hidden Valley, and it broke up the week nicely. Deerfoot isn't that bad, though, and more importantly, sounds like it will be better for the market
    We're hoping so - time will tell.

The plus is that Deerfoot Mall being redeveloped into Deerfoot City which should revitalize that whole shopping complex/area - already seems to be and we've only seen a small sampling of what's coming there.

So today is the opening day for the Grassroots Farmers' Market at Deerfoot City (NE corner of the mall property, north of Walmart).

This season is our 25th year of continuous operations and it is one of original Alberta approved farmers' markets. Many of our existing vendors have followed is to Deerfoot City some of whom have been with us for all 25 years. We will also have a number of new vendors as well. Web site is at grassrootsmarket.ca and we will have an updated list of vendors up by next week.

Come check us out and there is plenty of parking as well.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

I will have to check that out one of these weeks.