Quantcast
GMC Truck Thread - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: GMC Truck Thread

Going to check this out this week. KM's are on the higher end but it has all of the features I'm looking for, minus painted matching bumpers. Looks like it might be a good deal, what do you guys think?

https://www.hondawest.ca/used/vehicl...-id8904544.htm

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have the apparently common slow/jerky/stopping windshield wipers. Could buy replacement parts, but have seen YouTube videos of redneck fixes, so I'm going to drill a hole a d see about squirting something slippy in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by oster View Post
    Going to check this out this week. KM's are on the higher end but it has all of the features I'm looking for, minus painted matching bumpers. Looks like it might be a good deal, what do you guys think?

Good deal. Might have $$$ worth of hail.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's cheaper because it's the double cab not the true crew cab, so only good for kids or tools in the back seat.

That would be a great price on a real crew cab.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    LNF

Looks nice and in good shape (at least from photos).

My truck is similarly spec'd but in crew cab and no complaints. I am at 130k and no issues. I like the loaded up SLE models.. Good value.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by oster View Post

basically the same truck as mine except gmc. I always found that options gave me everything I wanted. except a heated steering wheel. Backseat is definitely useable. Have driven 2 adults to Edmonton and back in a day with no complaints but wouldn't want to do it with 3 in the back. I have a rear facing car seat in the middle rear right now. Some effort to lift it over - the wife struggles a bit. Seems like a good deal to me. I haven't seen any others in that price range.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

I think that's got all the stuff you need (console, large screen etc). Wheels and tires are a bonus if you like black wheels. The only way you are getting color matched bumpers would be to get the AT package, SLE trim and they would be more $$.

They sold it on me . Not surprised, looked like a good deal.

Hey guys, just wondering if there's still a bit of excitement with these trucks? I have a 2016 I'm looking to sell (will post details and photos in the for sale section tomorrow), just wanted to see how this thread was doing since it inspired me to buy mine ��

I love the truck, but we no longer need 2 vehicles and my wife will only drive our Edge and not the truck, so it loses out sadly
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    K-car

Quote Originally Posted by 403Gemini View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering if there's still a bit of excitement with these trucks? I have a 2016 I'm looking to sell (will post details and photos in the for sale section tomorrow), just wanted to see how this thread was doing since it inspired me to buy mine ��

I love the truck, but we no longer need 2 vehicles and my wife will only drive our Edge and not the truck, so it loses out sadly
    Waiting for the 19's to land. Haven't decided between the Silverado Trail Boss or a Sierra AT4. End of October is what dealers are telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by 403Gemini View Post

With a full new truck coming out soon it might be kinda tricky to sell a 16 for a decent price. They're going to try and clear out the 18's im sure and the 2016 is still a really new truck so price wise you might be very close to a leftover 18 with rebates and 0% finance, put it all on a 96 month term and the payments will be way lower too lol. Most buyers wont have that kind of cash laying and bank rates for loans are crazy high
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I’ve bought a few 16s for export, mostly lower trim level stuff though.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

The new platform trucks are getting creamed for their interior materials and drive-ability. Sounds like a tune will still be the first mod necessary.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hey, anyone know which battery on my 2010 2500 6.0L is the main and which is aux and what type of isolation they have between? Battery 1 (passenger) or 2 (driver) in pics?

Name:  20180926_090924.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  81.5 KB
    Name:  20180926_090929.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  59.6 KB

Ran the radio too long yesterday and had to charge up using my generator to start it. You'd think a truck with two batteries would last a couple of hours.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 09-26-2018 at 09:27 AM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Battery 1 should be the main I believe.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And there's some kind of isolator between them, right? If I remove battery 1, will Battery 2 keep everything alive?
    Could I drive on only better 1 in an emergency situation? Or long term?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Hey, anyone know which battery on my 2010 2500 6.0L is the main and which is aux and what type of isolation they have between? Battery 1 (passenger) or 2 (driver) in pics?

Name:  20180926_090924.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  81.5 KB
    Name:  20180926_090929.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  59.6 KB

Ran the radio too long yesterday and had to charge up using my generator to start it. You'd think a truck with two batteries would last a couple of hours.
    Holy crap, my 03 Suburban is cleaner under the hood and I by no means baby my vehicles.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

I have a 2010 1500. Engine looks almost identical. Top right (passenger) is where my battery is, and the space near the fuse box is spare for me, and obviously is a space for another battery. I'd WAGER it is the same, but can't guarantee it.

As for your second question. I don't know if there would be isolation to be honest, kind of defeats the purpose wouldn't it? Unless it is switched.
    Cos...

Looks like the L5P ECU has been cracked. Insane numbers so far. 600+whp and 1200+ft/lb. Stock engine minus emissions. Tranny is so far holding up (TCU tune as well). The pre-'17 LML guys are going to take a huge hit resale wise as its no longer coveted. The new platform will keep holding its value into the first few years of the next generation.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    As for your second question. I don't know if there would be isolation to be honest, kind of defeats the purpose wouldn't it? Unless it is switched.
    I'm not an expert, but isn't there supposed to be something? Any diesel guys want to chime in? Most diesels have two batteries right?

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast