GMC Truck Thread - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: GMC Truck Thread

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Love the big mirrors. Nice ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    LNF

Nice truck!

What is everyone running for tires these days?

My KO2s are getting worn so thinking of getting a new set. I was really impressed with the KO2s in winter and summer (I may just get these again). I have had Duratracs before and they were okay but loud and not good on ice. I am getting 33" size (275/70/18)

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I like Toyo ATIIs. They have an all weather version of it now that I might try if the opportunity comes up.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by hampstor View Post
    I've got an extra set of mirrors as well as a moriomoto HID kit which i'll post in the marketplace.
    Big mirrors?

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Nice truck!

What is everyone running for tires these days?

My KO2s are getting worn so thinking of getting a new set. I was really impressed with the KO2s in winter and summer (I may just get these again). I have had Duratracs before and they were okay but loud and not good on ice. I am getting 33" size (275/70/18)
    In the same boat. I think I am going right back to KO2's, but will put them on 20x9 wheels. Looking at 285/65/20 or whatever the 34x11.5 size is.

My Ride
    LNF

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    In the same boat. I think I am going right back to KO2's, but will put them on 20x9 wheels. Looking at 285/65/20 or whatever the 34x11.5 size is.
    Wow.. what kind of lift do you have to fit those? I think I may just stick with the KO2 as well, seems like they will most AT tire tests. My boss has the Good year adventure AT tires and he complains constantly about their winter grip, he had KO2 before and he said he would not get the GY tire again.

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    I like Toyo ATIIs. They have an all weather version of it now that I might try if the opportunity comes up.
    I will check those out, I had Toyo ATs and they were okay but I am sure these new AW ones are better.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    Wow.. what kind of lift do you have to fit those? I think I may just stick with the KO2 as well, seems like they will most AT tire tests. My boss has the Good year adventure AT tires and he complains constantly about their winter grip, he had KO2 before and he said he would not get the GY tire again.

I will check those out, I had Toyo ATs and they were okay but I am sure these new AW ones are better.
    I've got the 4.5 Zone lift waiting to be installed. Since I ordered it, we've started looking at trailers so I may return the lift, trade up to a 2500

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I have the Duratracs now and agree about the noise. The wear is great so far, but I’ve been looking at the KO2 and Toyo ATII before winter
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

Got bored and started wrapping some interior bits with vinyl. started with the stereo bezel as I figured it would be the hardest but it turned out great. Working on the vent and door trims now.

My Ride
    LNF

Wow looks nice!

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    I have the Duratracs now and agree about the noise. The wear is great so far, but I’ve been looking at the KO2 and Toyo ATII before winter
    I always find it funny how different people have different perceptions of a products characteristics. I have the Duratracs on my F150 and I have no road noise issues what-so-ever. I think a lot of the time people forget that when they first installed the tires new they were probably much quieter than they find them later on after mileage and wear have cause some feathering etc, which in turn increases the road noise slowly over time. In these scenarios, because it was something that happened slowly over time, people don't remark upon the sound until it hits a decibel level that it finally stands out to them and they think "damn these tires are noisy!".

Also, one thing I have noticed over the years is that people are all different and their individual hearing detects certain tones and pitches differently than someone else beside them. I have been in many vehicles with people who complain about road noise with me sitting right beside them thinking the tire is totally normal and quiet, while other times I think they are noisy and they are oblivious to the sound... Go figure.

My Ride
    LNF

I think most can agree that Duratracs get way louder over time.. We have multiple 3/4 ton GM's at work and they all have duratracs and they all get progressively louder when they get to <50% tread life.

Granted mine's a 2500 Diesel but I have been hugely disappointed with the duratracs. I love the look of them but I find them noisy compared to my brothers K02's and they are wearing quick. I have about 35,000 kms on them and they are getting pretty low. I doubt I'll see 50 before I have to replace them. In the age of 80K and 100K tread-life warranty, 50 seems pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by s_havinga View Post
    Granted mine's a 2500 Diesel but I have been hugely disappointed with the duratracs. I love the look of them but I find them noisy compared to my brothers K02's and they are wearing quick. I have about 35,000 kms on them and they are getting pretty low. I doubt I'll see 50 before I have to replace them. In the age of 80K and 100K tread-life warranty, 50 seems pretty weak.
    Yeah the softer compounds that make them as functional as they actually are for winter means they can be faster wearing for some users and applications. Again though, I am always surprised by the variances in experiences by users, even with the same theoretical use and on the same vehicles. One guys gets 50k and another guy gets 130k. As always though, the enemy to tire wear is heat build up. The more heat you generate with things like added weight, higher speeds, more aggressive maneuvering, etc, and then the length of time the tires remain hot as in with longer drive times vs shorter drive times etc, will dramatically affect how long the tires will last. The key with tires like these is maintenance and care. It definitely is not the tire for everyone, but it also definitely excels at what they do well.

There are always trade-offs. If you want a tire that does really well in one area, it will not work as well in another, and any tire that tries to spread the middle will not do as well on the more end of the scales.

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

More Wrapping commenced today. Always regretted not get a z71 for the clear turn signals but I'm really liking the smoked now.

My Ride
    Audi

The wrap looks good - especially getting rid of the wood grain on the doors (I never understood why they did it on the doors).

My Ride
    K-car

Looks like the 19's are landing on dealers lot's in the states this week. I'll be ordering the GMC version of this truck (the AT4 with a 6.2) This is the Trail Boss Chevy, can't get a 6.2 in this otherwise I'd give it some serious thought.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That the canyon or the 1500? Looks nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Silverado

My Ride
    6.2L V8

I have a 2011 Yukon Denali with the larger 6.2 V8 in it.

280k KM

-replaced the front upper and lower tie rod ends
    -other front end nicks and nacks

I love this thing.

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast