Quantcast
Captain America: Civil War - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain America: Civil War

Default Captain America: Civil War

I can't wait! Cap 2 is my favourite Marvel movie so far.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Interesting. I thought Civil War centred around mutant registration, but the trailer suggests it's centred around what to do with Bucky.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    Interesting. I thought Civil War centred around mutant registration, but the trailer suggests it's centred around what to do with Bucky.
    Gotta remember Fox owns the rights to Xmen and any mutant stuff related to the marvel cinematic universe including dead pool and such. Where as Marvel doesn't have the rights any more, luckily Sony is letting Marvel have the rights to Spider-Man so that he can take part in the MCU. Sucks big time that's why no Reed Richards either fox has the rights to Fantasic Four also

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Last edited by know1edge; 06-12-2017 at 10:05 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

It's still Cap vs Tony. However, as mentioned before, Fox owns the rights to the mutant parts of the MCU. That's why they couldn't call Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch "mutants" in Age of Ultron, instead calling them "Enhanced." And it is still about registration and the responsibility of being a superhero, just done more in line with the MCU vs the Marvel Multiverse (aka Comics)

I'm just happy Scarlet Witch is in there Always been a fan of the character, and the ways that she has utterly and completely fucked with the Marvel Multiverse in the comics XD I really REALLY hope they do a House of M style movie at some point (not likely tho, as Magneto is in the Fox half of the rights )
    Geek

My Ride
    Silverado

looked awesome\!

My Ride
    K20A2

pretty awesome
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    '03 ep3

I am pretty sure they will kill Tony in this movie as RDJ has stated he no longer wants to be Tony Stark.

My Ride
    NC1

Damn Iron Man gets beat up pretty good haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Who the hell is on the side of Captain America? Always thought he was a putz.

Also killing off Iron Man is tantamount to killing off this multi billion dollar franchise; you know the one where they have another half dozen movies already written and planned for the next 10 years.

Iron man brought the non-fox marvel to where it is now. Iron Man is what got Marvel bought by Disney for billions. Iron Man is the Avengers. RDJ will shut his mouth and maintain his status as highest paid hollywood actor so long as Disney keeps paying him to wear a CGI suit lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by killramos

Also killing off Iron Man is tantamount to killing off this multi billion dollar franchise; you know the one where they have another half dozen movies already written and planned for the next 10 years.

Iron man brought the non-fox marvel to where it is now. Iron Man is what got Marvel bought by Disney for billions. Iron Man is the Avengers. RDJ will shut his mouth and maintain his status as highest paid hollywood actor so long as Disney keeps paying him to wear a CGI suit lol.
    There will always be next Ironman just as there will alway the next James Bond, just not Tony Stark or RDJ as he got too damn expensive.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I'm not the biggest comic book guy, but I found the Civil War themes intriguing, so I'll explain it the way that I'm aware.

Civil War centres around the the Mutant Registration Act. After seeing all the violence and damage that these mutant battles have brought, the government decides that it's in the public's best interest to create a registry for all mutants.

Iron Man is on the side that supports the Act, believing that people need to be controlled and monitored.

Captain America is on the side that opposes the Act, believing that it is oppressive and against the rights and freedoms that everyone deserves to have.

How that translates to the movie will be different matter, given the previously mentioned restrictions on the use of mutants and such.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

How that translates to the movie will be different matter, given the previously mentioned restrictions on the use of mutants and such.
    From what I gather, the plot only revolves around the Avengers because of those licensing issues and studio rights.

After AoU leaves a city leveled and kills thousands of people, it causes international backlash and puts pressure on the US government to implement a system in which the Avengers are held accountable on actions and to be on an on-call basis directly under the gov't. Iron Man is all for it and Cap is against it.

From leaks, here the teams so far:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

It's unclear where Peter Parker goes, but if he sticks with Tony and jumps ship like the comics, that would be awesome as we'll possibly see multiple suits like this one:

click for larger version
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 11-25-2015 at 03:13 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

A few people here are confusing a couple of things.

The X-Men (mutants) are not a major factor in the Civil War storyline, and hence it's not really a big deal that Fox owns the rights to them. The Mutant Registration Act was an 80's plot device and was not part of the 00's Civil War.

Civil War happens around the Superhuman Registration Act, and has much more to do with the big-name Marvel superheroes than it did with the X-men. You'd be more likely to see Frank Castle than, say, Wolverine. That's not to say they haven't adapted it to fit the current MCU, as giving Bucky a large role is a pretty big change.

I think Spiderman's cross-licensing came too late for him to play the major role he did in the comics - I'd expect to see Black Panther be written in place of him, but we'll still get to see a bit of Spidey.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

what happened to Ant Man?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

what happened to Ant Man?
    Check Hawkeyes shoulder
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Looks awesome!

With the Vision on the other team, it seems like Captain's team is the underdog. Hehe..
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Originally posted by jampack
    Looks awesome!

With the Vision on the other team, it seems like Captain's team is the underdog. Hehe..
    Scarlet witch can destroy them all. Her powers are above and beyond all the avengers.

Too bad spidey doesn't play the role he's supposed to play from the comics.
    Submaker.Illest.

Not really about mutant registration - its about all heroes registering with the Governmnet.

Quick coles notes version of it;

There was a super hero team that basically had a reality TV show capturing bad guys. When they were chasing one of them down the dude went full postal next to a school and used his powers. It killed thousands of kids, including the heroes/camera crew
    click for larger version

This made the government believe that the superheroes need to take accountability for their actions, also this was after hulk destroyed a good chunk of Vegas (which is the world war hulk / planet hulk story line where they trick Banner into a space mission, where they actually jetison him to a different galaxy)

Stark sides with the government - captain america does not and believes that the heroes deserve their privacy for their personal lives safety.

Spiderman takes Starks side in the beginning , but realizes how crazy he is getting when he starts using nano technology to control villains that are imprisoned to push the efforts for their cause and swaps to captain americas side. Stark even created a fake Thor (which was interesting since they made such a big deal about vision - a robot - using Thor's hammer) , which went a bit out of control and kills a hero on captain americas team
    click for larger version

Depending where you stand on a moral standpoint - they're both right... but personally I felt like Stark was the villain in this story.

It all leads up to Cap ultimately getting assassinated after he surrenders by crossbones (snipes him in the head - but he was still alive) and a brain washed Sharon Carter - SHIELD agent- finishes the job and unloads her gun into him during the confusion.

click for larger version

I've missed a lot of details - but the story is a lot more complex than the movie will obviously make it . But that said, you can't really have like 200+ heroes in a movie.

The roster is as follows
    Anti-Registration (Captain Americas team)

Aegis
    American Eagle
    Ant-Man
    Archangel
    B.A.D. Girls, Inc. - Asp, Black Mamba, Diamondback
    Battlestar
    Big Wheel
    Black Crow
    Black Panther
    Bloodshed (captured)
    Blue Streak
    Cable
    Captain America (assassinated)
    Captain Rectitude (captured)
    Sharon Carter
    Cloak
    Coldblood
    Neil Crawford
    Cybermancer (deported)
    Dagger
    Daredevil (Matthew Murdock)
    Demolition Man
    Digitek (status uncertain)
    Equinox
    Ferocia
    Firebrand
    Firestar (retired)
    Flag-Smasher (captured)
    Flame
    Sally Floyd
    Jane Foster
    Nick Fury
    Ghost Maker (captured)
    Gladiatrix (pardoned)
    Goldbug (deceased)
    Goliath (deceased)
    Grindhouse (captured)
    Hercules
    Howard the Duck
    Human Torch (pardoned)
    Invisible Woman (pardoned)
    Iron Maiden (captured)
    Jack Flag (captured)
    Johnny Justice (captured)
    Jessica Jones
    King Size
    Kruzado (captured)
    Lectronn
    Lightbright (captured)
    Living Mummy
    Mandarin's Avatars - Ancestor (captured), Foundry (captured), Lich (captured), Sickle (captured), Warfist (captured)
    Marvel Boy
    Mastermind Excello
    Ms. Marvel (Sharon Ventura) (captured)
    Natural (captured)
    Night Nurse (Linda Carter)
    Night Nurse (Unrevealed)
    Plunderer (deceased)
    Prodigy
    Prowler (captured)
    Punisher
    Quicksilver
    Monica Rambeau
    Celia Ricadonna
    Scorecard
    Secret Avengers - Luke Cage, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Ronin, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Wolverine
    Shadowoman
    Shockwave (captured)
    Shroud (captured)
    Silhouette
    Solo (pardoned)
    Aaron Stack
    Staten Island Star (captured)
    Steel Spider
    Storm
    Sub-Mariner
    Thunderclap
    Timeslip
    Typeface (deceased)
    Ben Urich
    U.S. Annie (captured)
    Veil
    Wildstreak
    Winter Soldier
    Wong
    Yancy Street Gang
    X-Factor Investigations - M (Monet St. Croix), Layla Miller, Multiple Man, Rictor, Siryn, Strong Guy, Wolfsbane
    X-Force - Caliban, Domino, Shatterstar
    Zapster (captured)
    &

Pro-Registration

Bantam (deceased)
    Baron Blitzschlag
    Beast
    Bishop
    Blade
    George Washington Bridge
    Brother Voodoo
    Captain Marvel
    Champions - Aphrodite (CSA), Hercules (CSA), Hermes (CSA), Poseidon (CSA)
    Comet Man
    Commission - Valerie Cooper, Henry Gyrich, Dallas Riordan, Yellowjacket
    Deadpool
    Falcon
    Force Works - TBC
    Gauntlet
    Great Lakes Champions - Big Bertha, Doorman, Flatman, Mister Immortal, Squirrel Girl
    Hellcat
    Heroes For Hire - Black Cat, Humbug, Misty Knight, Orka, Shang-Chi, Tarantula, Colleen Wing
    Harold "Happy" Hogan
    Initiative Training Program - Araņa, Armory, Bengal, Cloud 9, Constrictor, Debrii, Gargoyle, Hardball, Komodo, MVP (deceased), Network, Puma, Rage, Red Wolf, Rocket Racer, Shooting Star, Slapstick, Stingray, Texas Twister, Thor Girl, Trauma, Triathlon, Ultra-Girl, Young Avengers, Zero-G
    J. Jonah Jameson
    Justice
    Living Lightning
    Micromax (hospitalized)
    Mighty Avengers - Ares, Black Widow, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers), Sentry, Wasp, Wonder Man
    Mister Fantastic
    Molten Man
    Danielle Moonstar
    Morbius
    Nighthawk
    Omega Flight - Arachne ,Beta Ray Bill, Agent Jeff Brown, Guardian (Michael Pointer), Sasquatch, Talisman, U.S.Agent
    Paladin
    Phone Ranger
    Penance
    Rangers - Armadillo, Firebird, Phantom Rider, Red Wolf, Shooting Star, Texas Twister, Yellowjacket
    James Rhodes
    S.H.I.E.L.D. - Black Widow, Mitch Carson, Doc Samson, Thaddeus Dugan, Maria Hill, Gabriel Jones, Jamie Madrox (Duplicate) (re-absorbed), Eric Marshall, Clay Quartermain, She-Hulk, Cape-Killers
    Sabra
    Scorpion (Carmilla Black)
    Miriam Sharpe
    Silverclaw
    Skyhawk
    Sprite (deceased)
    Stargod (John Jameson)
    Stilt-Man (deceased)
    Beverly Switzler
    Terminizer
    Thor (CSA clone) (destroyed)
    Thunderbolts - Atlas (hospitalized), Baron Zemo, Blizzard (depowered), Fixer, Joystick (captured), MACH-IV (depowered), Radioactive Man, Smuggler (depowered), Songbird, Swordsman
    Thunderbolts Army - Ajaxis, Aqueduct, Asylum, Batroc, Beetle (Joaquim), Beetle (MK-II), Beetle (MK-III), Blacklash, Bloodstrike, Boomerang, Bulldozer, Bushmaster, Coronary, Death Adder, Doctor Octopus, Eel, Ironclad, Killer Shrike, King Cobra, Machete, Mathemanic, Snake Marston, Mongoose, Overmind, Ox, Piledriver, Porcupine, Pretty Persuasions, Primus, Quicksand, Rattler, Red Ronin, Scarecrow, Silk Fever, Slyde, Smiling Tiger, Tatterdemalion, Thunderball, Unicorn, Vapor, Vector, Vermin, Whiplash, Whirlwind, Wrecker, X-Ray, Zaran
    Thunderbolts (CSA) - Bullseye, Green Goblin, Jack O'Lantern (deceased), Jester (deceased), Lady Deathstrike (arrested), Taskmaster (escaped), Venom
    Tigra
    Two-Gun Kid
    Vienna
    Vulture (hospitalized)
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride

So stoked for this movie... I really need to catch up on my Marvel lore though. There are so many good movies to look forward to next year!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast