Quantcast
Captain America: Civil War - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Captain America: Civil War

Sooo good! My Marvel rankings after first viewing.

1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Iron Man
    5. Avengers

My Ride
    Exploded.

I'll see it today! Team Cap

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Saw it last night.

It's a very well done movie, lots of good, intense fights, great character development, and a cubic fuckton of humor

In terms of Avengers and Avengers-related movies, I still think that Winter Soldier is the better movie. But, we're talking Winter Soldier 9.55/10 and Civil War 9.54/10 levels of difference here. They are both superb movies. The main difference, to me, is that The Winter Soldier felt like I was actually watching a comic book brought to the screen, while Civil War is more of an Avengers movie than anything, even though it was centered on Cap and Bucky.

Also, Spidey.... they absolutely NAILED it. Watch the movie and see for yourself
    Geek

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by know1edge

Spoiler:
    Tony finding Spiderman, Antman being invulnerable to War Machine
    Spoiler:

When Ant-Man goes large, he's invulnerable because of the Pym Effect. Basically, as in the comic books, the molecules of his suit and himself are so large that the bullets can't break their bonds, which are about as thick as rebar when he's 50 feet tall.

As to Tony finding Spiderman, ever heard of the Iron Spider storyline? :P

*ahem* I r geek :3

Geek

My Ride
    Exploded.

I change my mind. I'm Team Aunt May.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by beecue
    Sooo good! My Marvel rankings after first viewing.

1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Iron Man
    5. Avengers
    After seeing this movie, this became my Top 5 Marvel movie rankings to date.

The movie overall was awesome. It's a movie I definitely would watch again in theaters. Everyone had their fair share of screen time with a few pleasant surprises for me:

Spoiler:
    - Giant Ant-Man!
    - I thought Black Panther's introduction to the movie with the King dying at the UN was a perfect way to slip him into the story arc. But as far as the character himself, does he even play a pivotal role in the Infinity War or in the films to come to warrant his own movie? Or was this an affirmative action case? lol. Either way though, I liked him more than I expected.
    - More Spidey action than I thought. I'm really glad the trailer hadn't revealed too much of the movie.

The Russo bros. did an excellent job with directing the choreography of the Tean Cap/Team Iron Man battle. I was wondering how they were going to manage the fight and give everyone screen time and execute it well at the same time. I wasn't too impressed with the fight sequencing for Whedon's AoU, so I didn't expect anything great. But they delivered. I'm now a bigger fan of the Russo Bros and hopefully they are 100% in for Infinity War 1 & 2.

I'm also glad they made Aunt May younger for the MCU. I've always thought Aunt May was a mundane cloud shadowing over Peter and really didn't add any value to the story in anyway (in either of the Sony Spider-Mans). I think making her much younger gives potential for a more integral role in MCU Spidey's movies. Maybe I am biased because Marisa Tomei is hot.

Spoiler:
    Where was Nick Fury? Still in hiding? Wouldn't the Civil War or UN fiasco draw him out? At least come out for his team?
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 05-09-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    NC1

They nailed that one. Aunt May, not grandma May!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by JordanEG6

Spoiler:

- I thought Black Panther's introduction to the movie with the King dying at the UN was a perfect way to slip him into the story arc. But as far as the character himself, does he even play a pivotal role in the Infinity War or in the films to come to warrant his own movie? Or was this an affirmative action case? lol. Either way though, I liked him more than I expected.
    Spoiler:

- I'm going to assume he plays an important part because of where he lives (Wakanda). It is the most advanced place for technology and I am going to take a wild guess there may be an infinity stone kicking around there

My Ride
    This and that.

Spoiler:
    I think overall Ironman won the battle between the two. He had to take on two of those guys at the same time and even then 'almost' beat them until he was grabbed from behind by Bucky. Overall, in my eyes he won that battle. That being said, he should have 'forgiven' Bucky for doing what he did considering he was under control of Hydra. But then again it's his parents we are talking about so it would be a hard thing to let that go.

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Spoiler:
    I think overall Ironman won the battle between the two. He had to take on two of those guys at the same time and even then 'almost' beat them until he was grabbed from behind by Bucky. Overall, in my eyes he won that battle. That being said, he should have 'forgiven' Bucky for doing what he did considering he was under control of Hydra. But then again it's his parents we are talking about so it would be a hard thing to let that go.
    Spoiler:
    I'm going to say it's a heat of the moment thing and over time I think he will obviously forgive him

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

It's gonna be interesting to see if Chris Evans continues to work with Marvel now that his contract is going to be over soon.

Infinity War will be his last film unless he decides to stay on a movie-by-movie basis.

Sebastian Stan signed a 9 film contract with Marvel so there are theories that they are planning on having the Winter Soldier take up the Captain America mantle as per comics.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rx7boi
    It's gonna be interesting to see if Chris Evans continues to work with Marvel now that his contract is going to be over soon.

Infinity War will be his last film unless he decides to stay on a movie-by-movie basis.

Sebastian Stan signed a 9 film contract with Marvel so there are theories that they are planning on having the Winter Soldier take up the Captain America mantle as per comics.
    Sebastian's deal is just to keep Chris's bargaining power down. RDJ's contract also expired but he got Civil War and Spider-man Homecoming out of the deal.

As good as Evans is, he isn't a crowd pleaser like RDJ so not surprised that RDJ can keep milking the Marvel cow.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Sebastian's deal is just to keep Chris's bargaining power down. RDJ's contract also expired but he got Civil War and Spider-man Homecoming out of the deal.

As good as Evans is, he isn't a crowd pleaser like RDJ so not surprised that RDJ can keep milking the Marvel cow.

But those muscles

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Such an awesome movie!

My favourite movie from Marvel so far!

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by rx7boi

I would rather go the Marvel Now route and make Sam Wilson Captain America with Steve Rogers/Chris Evans continuing his mantle as Cap on a part time basis and possible a Civil War II storyline where they're pitted against each other.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by ickyflex

But those muscles
    I need a celeb trainer. Some of these guys have mad gains
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by max_boost
    It's amazing what PEDS can do.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Yeah Hollywood juices... hard. Look at fuckin Zac Efron these days. No drug tests to pass there. Still gotta put in some serious, serious gym time though.

Tom Hardy said straight out after playing Bane. Some guy asked him if he took PEDs and he said "No, I took Smarties"

Coin flip for this or Winter Soldier as the numero uno of what's becoming a VERY long list of Marvel greats. THere has to be over a dozen films now since the first Iron Man in 2008, and with Daredevil, J Jones, and all the other upcoming great TV shows (Punisher, wwoowoo), it'll soon be 20 individual Marvel works between film and TV.

Never thought I'd love superhero films or TV, but Marvel just keeps hitting them out of the park regardless of the medium. Even Ant Man, which I thought would be there "bomb", turned out to be a sleeper, and easily is in my top 5, and many others.

Dr Strange I have similar feelings as I had about Ant Man, but I'll wager it'll be a hit as well.

Infinity Wars is starting to get some pretty rave reviews from the actors in various interviews about what they've seen in scripts and pre production.

Good times.

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

Originally posted by max_boost
    Steroid.com

No hate, just is what it is

They have people cook for them, tell them when to eat, very scheduled training regimen and very strict diets. They get paid millions and millions to perform these roles which brings a "do whatever it takes" solution to the table

You're not gonna see someone perform a "captain America super soldier" role looking like Seth Rogan

Still need to see this movie, as well as ant man and guardians of the Galaxy. Fuckin slacking these days
    Last edited by Idiot Stick; 05-15-2016 at 05:39 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast