Quantcast
Captain America: Civil War - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain America: Civil War

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Somehow i am getting the feeling that the more marvel lore you know the less satisfied you will be with the movies.

So in that sense. Skip the lore. Enjoy the movies. Unless you actually want to go back and buy/read all of the old comic books haha.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Nah, there are plenty of Marvel fans who aren't uptight about canon and lore.

I enjoy all of the movies, particularly the ones directed by Whedon.

An interesting thing with Whedon, is he is actually being told to dial it back / getting cuts made with his content.

Speaking at comic con, one of the artists said a lot of the producers had to hold back a lot of his script / content because it was really hammed up , like Buffy the vampire slayer. A lot of his short quippy commentary made it by, but I guess it was suppose to have a direction of more tongue in cheek / joking at the content than it turned out to be due to editting.

Think we can all thank the editors for that. If it was a movie making a big joke of itself, I don't think i would have enjoyed the movies nearly as much

With Age of Ultron, I guess nearly 1 hour of footage was removed , so that's why there is issues with the "flow" of the movie (like Thor's water scene...)
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Editors play a huge role for sure.

Now that you mention it, I am not drawn to Whedon's directing style as much as I am to the overall cast in the movies.

I enjoy seeing more than just a couple of characters represented on the big screen which is a large reason for why I like the Avengers cast.

Some fans just can't seem to get over when filmmaking deviates from the comics

As long as it's not like Eric Bana's Hulk movie, it's all good

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    An interesting thing with Whedon, is he is actually being told to dial it back / getting cuts made with his content.

Speaking at comic con, one of the artists said a lot of the producers had to hold back a lot of his script / content because it was really hammed up , like Buffy the vampire slayer. A lot of his short quippy commentary made it by, but I guess it was suppose to have a direction of more tongue in cheek / joking at the content than it turned out to be due to editting.

Think we can all thank the editors for that. If it was a movie making a big joke of itself, I don't think i would have enjoyed the movies nearly as much

With Age of Ultron, I guess nearly 1 hour of footage was removed , so that's why there is issues with the "flow" of the movie (like Thor's water scene...)
    I thought all of the jokey quipping in AoU was cringey enough as it was, even more would have really made it awful. I like Whedon in general but his Marvel foray was by far not his best work.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

I thought all of the jokey quipping in AoU was cringey enough as it was, even more would have really made it awful. I like Whedon in general but his Marvel foray was by far not his best work.
    I guess the original version of the first Avengers movie almost felt like a complete farce (least that's what the artist I was speaking to who did concept art for the movie said) - I'm glad they took the time to re-edit the thing / remove some parts to make it a bit more engaging.

As much as Firefly has a special spot in my heart, it's style/character interactions have no place on a team like The Avengers.

One thing that I HATED about Age of Ultron is - I wanted to see Ultron VOICED by James Spader. Not James Spader as a robot. He has a brilliant voice, and it could have been dark (like the original trailer with the "strings" Pinocchio song) - but watching the movie where Ultron is a sarcastic joking asshole... it made me think he was a joke of a villain.

As one of the top youtube comments on this video says: "Age of Quiptron"

Oh, and the fact Ultron fucking had lips distracted me too.

This is what I wanted...

Last edited by 403Gemini; 11-26-2015 at 11:45 PM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I guess the original version of the first Avengers movie almost felt like a complete farce (least that's what the artist I was speaking to who did concept art for the movie said) - I'm glad they took the time to re-edit the thing / remove some parts to make it a bit more engaging.

As much as Firefly has a special spot in my heart, it's style/character interactions have no place on a team like The Avengers.

One thing that I HATED about Age of Ultron is - I wanted to see Ultron VOICED by James Spader. Not James Spader as a robot. He has a brilliant voice, and it could have been dark (like the original trailer with the "strings" Pinocchio song) - but watching the movie where Ultron is a sarcastic joking asshole... it made me think he was a joke of a villain.

I completely agree. Quippy Ultron just came off as silly instead of sinister, and how all the major characters just joked their way through the film made it seem like they were never in any appreciable danger whatsoever.

It worked great in Firefly, I'm a huge fan of Dr. Horrible, but IMO he was the wrong man for the Avengers films. There's a good reason he's been basically run off the franchise and the Russos are running the show - they know how to handle the MCU correctly.

I'd take the Russo brothers over Whedon. I'm glad they are doing the next 2 Avengers movies.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Looking forward to Deadpool

HYPE!!!!

Cant wait!!

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

So...is this Andrew Garfield Spiderman...or a different one?
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride

Originally posted by freshprince1
    Different one.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by freshprince1
    spidey #3 looks like, or is it like #12, lost count

Annnnnd noone is talking about Xmen Apocalypse anymore. BvS and Civil War have all the buzz.

That IronMan quip of running out of patience was perfect considering everyone wanted to see Spiderman since he was announced to be in this movie.

Plus those Black Panther scenes and the Ant-Man/Hawkeye scene!

Let's Fighting Love!

My Ride
    NC1

Watched this last night and it was
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Sooo good!
    Mercs

Last edited by know1edge; 06-12-2017 at 10:06 PM.

My Ride
    This and that.

Booked to see it tomorrow, can't wait.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast