Quantcast
Justin Trudope's personal UCCB - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Trudope's personal UCCB

Originally posted by Silviawannab

I think the bigger story is that under the current plan, he still qualified and received the $3400 , meaning other wealthy families do as well.
    False, it was $2000. Instead, he gets $90,0000+ of nannies.

My Ride
    9 second 2jz S13 Silvia!

Originally posted by phreezee

False, it was $2000. Instead, he gets $90,0000+ of nannies.
    As he should as a Prime Minister.

Also, this article claims $3400. http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics...ment-1.3163049

Anyway, I see it as an essential for a PM. Obviously, some disagree.

I see the NDP criticizing him for not paying the nannies enough
    1991 Silvia wannabe 240sx. 2jz power. 8.9 sec @ 154mph, 1.35 60 foot.
    Sponsored by EBAY parts

Also, this article claims $3400. http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics...ment-1.3163049

HAHAHA, gold! He'll donate his $3400 eh? Maybe he should donate his 2 nannies

Maybe he was evading taxes with small businesses to get more UCCB then. I wasn't getting $3400 for sure, if I was I'd be even more pissed lol.

Total hypocrite who won't move into a house until $11M of renos are done.
    Last edited by phreezee; 12-02-2015 at 10:19 AM.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

This childcare isn't being paid for by the UCCB benefit. I understand how the optics look but as many have pointed out, this is part of what goes with being the PM, which includes cooks and other assistants as well.

When Trudeau cashes a universal child care cheque then go ahead and slam him but he hasn't done that.

Dindnt Harper have a make up artist travelling with him on the tax payers tab? I don't recall a hoopla until the election.
    Didn't bother to read any of the previous posts hey

Trudeau told a segment of the population that they were wealthy enough they didn't need help paying for something and that he was one of them. Lots of those people agreed with him and voted for him based on that. Only to find out taxpayers are now paying for something he previously said he didn't need help paying for, while that same help has been taken from them.

Big issue in the grand scheme? Hardly. But to think this early into his term as PM he'd be this oblivious to what is a pretty substantial and glaringly obvious hypocrisy suggests despite what he claimed he's pretty out of touch. Even more upsetting to those who voted for him is that maybe it wasn't a vote for "change" after all.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Man the "dish it out but can't take it" is strong with this thread.

Honestly though you can't take jabs at Stephen Harper's taking advantage of the perks of being PM or call him out and then complain when people do the same thing to Justin.

This hypocrisy is compounded when it was Justin who called him out about people like Stephen Harper not needing childcare benefits when Justin is perfectly fine doing the same thing x50 on the taxpayers dime once he is in the big chair.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Nice hair though....
    ...@therealarifjina...

Doesn't matter to me... Not like it would've changed my vote for him. I didn't vote for the liberals because I loved them, I voted for them because they were by the far the lesser of all evils. Sorry, still not regreting my decision.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

HAHAHA, gold! He'll donate his $3400 eh? Maybe he should donate his 2 nannies

Lol... I didn't even vote liberal but these attacks are hilarious.

Should our PM, regardless of affiliation on the spectrum, live in a residence that is in severe disrepair? I wouldn't be pissed if Harper fixed it up, and I'm not pissed that Trudeau is fixing it up.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Originally posted by codetrap

Seriously.. wtf.. is the best that we can do? American style Reality TV politics where we care more about the image than the reality? Honestly, I'm a bit ashamed to be a Canadian right now.
    All politics have become a popularity contest. Trudeau got voted on based on "The feels" and bullshit policies. He basically rode the Harper hate and shamed the upper class to win the middle class vote.

People VOTED for an image vs reality.

Most people polled are opposed to stopping our jets from being pulled from Syria. He's still going to do it.

Most people polled are opposed to rushing in the refugees - even February is pretty quick. He's still going to do it.

Most people polled are against his nanny's being paid for. It's still going to happen.

The thing is though , it's essential for EVERY family in Canada to find a way to have their children looked after - whether it's daycares or nannys - the difference is Canadians are paying for their own kids care, so why can't he? He makes $375k a year , are you telling me he can't afford to pay them? Because that is bullshit.

By this logic that "it's okay , because he is prime minster" - you may as well not even give the man a salary then and let him get/take whatever he wants "Because he's the Prime Minister"
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 12-02-2015 at 10:42 AM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by zipdoa

Lol... I didn't even vote liberal but these attacks are hilarious.

Should our PM, regardless of affiliation on the spectrum, live in a residence that is in severe disrepair? I wouldn't be pissed if Harper fixed it up, and I'm not pissed that Trudeau is fixing it up.
    It's optics on this for sure. Harper had the same assessment done on the house in 2009ish, but didn't spend the money fixing it due to optics and the economy at the time. He made through an entire term.
    So I'm not pissed they are fixing it, just the pompous attitude the Trudopes are taking that it's completely unlivable is laughable.

Back on topic.

The UCCB is taxable income. So yeah everybody with kids got it but you had to give some back.

It worked out quite well actually.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

All politics have become a popularity contest. Trudeau got voted on based on "The feels" and bullshit policies. He basically rode the Harper hate and shamed the upper class to win the middle class vote.

People VOTED for an image vs reality.

Most people polled are opposed to stopping our jets from being pulled from Syria. He's still going to do it.

Most people polled are opposed to rushing in the refugees - even February is pretty quick. He's still going to do it.

Most people polled are against his nanny's being paid for. It's still going to happen.

Yup, let's not forget only 13% polled think Climate Change is a top issue, yet personal carbon taxes are still going to happen and utility prices are still going up.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2366032/cl...anadians-poll/

I have no problem with one of our future Prime Minister's having a nanny.

Yup, let's not forget only 13% polled think Climate Change is a top issue, yet personal carbon taxes are still going to happen and utility prices are still going up.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2366032/cl...anadians-poll/
    ^^And none of this was a hidden agenda - people VOTED for him based on image / perception.

He made it clear he wanted to do all these bonehead moves, but now that he's in and people are being polled, they're against his policies.

It just seems to be whoever can have the more active twitter account wins politics.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

To me, it isn't whether or not he should be entitled to the help as PM. (Personally, I think he should). It's just that doing so is hypocritical in light of his campaign.

I think if his intention is to provide honest and open government, the very first place to start is in his own home.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Isaiah
    this is part of what goes with being the PM
    No it isn't. Where does it say part of the job of being PM is also being a parent?

That was a choice that family made. They should deal with it on their own, not the tax payer dime. They get paid enough to deal with it. Additionally, there are two parents in that household, one that doesn't have a job apparently? What's that parent doing?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I think this is a bonehead move on his part, but your statement is grossly misleading.

Everybody who matters has been saying for years that 24 Sussex needs significant work, maintenance, and upgrading. It doesn't even have air conditioning... and that's where the leader of our country lives? Come on now, that's shameful.

Fix the place up, get it in good repair. It's a reflection on Canada as a whole.

Originally posted by A790

I think this is a bonehead move on his part, but your statement is grossly misleading.

Everybody who matters has been saying for years that 24 Sussex needs significant work, maintenance, and upgrading. It doesn't even have air conditioning... and that's where the leader of our country lives? Come on now, that's shameful.

Fix the place up, get it in good repair. It's a reflection on Canada as a whole.
    Agree, I elaborated in another reply.

It's optics on this for sure. Harper had the same assessment done on the house in 2009ish, but didn't spend the money fixing it due to optics and the economy at the time. He made through an entire term.
    So I'm not pissed they are fixing it, just the pompous attitude the Trudopes are taking that it's completely unlivable is laughable.

Back on topic.

There's actually two residences that the PM can live in.

And also they don't have to live in either.

I guess though Justin should finally move out of his mom's house.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast