Quantcast
All Inclusive to Mexico suggestions? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: All Inclusive to Mexico suggestions?

My Ride
    Lariat

Default All Inclusive to Mexico suggestions?

The wife and I are looking to head south for a week or so over xmas - new years. Anyone have any good recommendations for places to stay on the Pacific side of Mexico, thinking Bucerias / PV area

Any recommendations on where to book, how, etc
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

First question is if you are going to stay in the resort full time or if you would enjoy spending some time in town as well. If there are any excursions you have your heart set on, like mayan ruins, it's a big help to get a resort close to those. Sucks to spend all day on a bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Kind of off topic...but for the nice all inclusive resorts, would you bother with all the hep shots and Dukorol and what not? We're getting married at Grand Bahai Principe Tulum and my dad doesn't seem to want to get the shots...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, considering how long the Hep ones are good for, seems like a good investment. But at a decent resort, they will be very low risk. Generally they make even the ice with bottled water.

I wouldn't worry about the Malaria or Travellers diarrhoea meds.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ram

i really liked staying at the hard rock puerto vallarta. I paid 1800 tax in including flights and they gave me 1800 worth of hotel credit to use while i was there

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    Kind of off topic...but for the nice all inclusive resorts, would you bother with all the hep shots and Dukorol and what not? We're getting married at Grand Bahai Principe Tulum and my dad doesn't seem to want to get the shots...
    I've been to the carribean/mexico/central America about 10-15 times over the past 5 years and never had shots. Actually considering it before next trip though. Not sure why.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Ive stayed at the dreams in pv and i thought it was awsome, the food was very good service was good. Other than no white sand it was one of the best ive stayed at. Going to grand pladium in pv in jan so ill see how that is then.

I only got thw hep shots last year and ive been to mexico and other tropical destiations around 10 time before that and only got sick once. Just make good choices.

Default Re: All Inclusive to Mexico suggestions?

Originally posted by asp integra
    The wife and I are looking to head south for a week or so over xmas - new years. Anyone have any good recommendations for places to stay on the Pacific side of Mexico, thinking Bucerias / PV area

Any recommendations on where to book, how, etc

I know my family and myself all quite enjoy the Riu chains. So if you're heading to PV the Riu Palace Pacifico is a good selection, it is nicer than the Riu Vallarta and the Jalisco/Santa Fe's are the "lower" end of their chains.

We did back to back years of Vallarta then Palace and it was nice for simple thing like Bottle Dos Equis at all the restaurant and more in the room fridge, food was a touch better, rooms etc etc. Worth the price bump.

My Ride
    2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet

Secrets Huatulco. We stay there several weeks a year and love it. Very hot and never even seen a cloud there. It's adults only and the food and service is amazing.
    2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet
    2011 Lexus RX 350

My Ride
    Lariat

Originally posted by danno
    Ive stayed at the dreams in pv and i thought it was awsome, the food was very good service was good. Other than no white sand it was one of the best ive stayed at. Going to grand pladium in pv in jan so ill see how that is then.

I only got thw hep shots last year and ive been to mexico and other tropical destiations around 10 time before that and only got sick once. Just make good choices.
    We are thinking Grand Palladium in PV has everything we are looking for. Looks like a nice spot, and surfing right there which is all I want to do other than eat and drink haha
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

We are thinking Grand Palladium in PV has everything we are looking for. Looks like a nice spot, and surfing right there which is all I want to do other than eat and drink haha
    A buddy has been there twice and said the surfing was good. He did say the second time he went the food wasnt very good. Looks like alot of stairs on the resort so not going to be too stroller friendly. Should be a good time there is 60 of us going down for a wedding. We are flying westjet and paid 1500 or so.jan 24.

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    I've stayed at that resort twice. Never have gotten shots.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by roopi

I've been to the carribean/mexico/central America about 10-15 times over the past 5 years and never had shots.

I've never done any voluntary immunizations. Been around the world. Never got sick.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Originally posted by Sorath
    i really liked staying at the hard rock puerto vallarta. I paid 1800 tax in including flights and they gave me 1800 worth of hotel credit to use while i was there

I was at the HR in punta cana this summer and got the credits too but the prices on things were beyond inflated and i had to pay a 20% fee in cash on top. A round of mini golf was something like 100 resort credits but factor in the 20% fee and now you just paid $20 US for a round of mini golf. A 1 hour massage at the spa was 250 resort credits but again with the 20% fee on top you're still paying $50 US out of pocket(i know its cheap compared to here but this is the DR). They even had a store dedicated to using credits but factor in the 20% on top and youre paying the same price as the non credit store across the way. We couldve stayed at another 4.5 star resort for $2000 but we figured the HR($3100) wouldve been nicer and with the 1800 credits it would even out. Biggest problem we ran into was the 1800 credits was for the room so that gave us 900 each and with excursions averaging 3-400 you run out quick. Once out you have 2 choices, go to a time share presentation to earn more or pay the full amount of the inflated price in cash plus the 20% fee on top.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Default Re: Re: All Inclusive to Mexico suggestions?

Originally posted by colinxx235

I know my family and myself all quite enjoy the Riu chains.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    Lariat

Booked! My wife and I are going to the Riu Jalisco for 8 nights over xmas-new years. Can't wait to check out my first all inclusive. Got a solid deal and looks to be a pretty nice spot
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by roopi

I've been to the carribean/mexico/central America about 10-15 times over the past 5 years and never had shots. Actually considering it before next trip though. Not sure why.
    Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

I've never done any voluntary immunizations. Been around the world. Never got sick.
    When was the last time you were tested? Not all symptoms are obvious or manifest at all.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Well, considering how long the Hep ones are good for, seems like a good investment. But at a decent resort, they will be very low risk. Generally they make even the ice with bottled water.

I wouldn't worry about the Malaria or Travellers diarrhoea meds.
    Yah I didnt get to have mine done since it would take 21 days and they have to be frozen at all times (if u unfreeze it for 30minutes its no good anymore)

Remember you have your first shot atleast a week before, you can take the second shot in 5days minimum i think your suppose to wait 7 days though?

Booked! My wife and I are going to the Riu Jalisco for 8 nights over xmas-new years. Can't wait to check out my first all inclusive. Got a solid deal and looks to be a pretty nice spot

Nice man, Stayed there for a wedding actually in March. It was super nice. Make sure to take a taxi to Puerto for a day and check out the city i think it should be around 220peso..

Come visit me in Playa as well
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    e92

bump.

looking for something feb 16-22 preferably in playa del Carmen. any suggestions? everything I am finding online for a decent 4 or 5 star place i.e (princess yucatan) your $2400-$2500 per person!

would consider staying in cancun I like the idea of Playa del Carmen as Ive heard less kids more couples more laid back.

thanks.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I stayed at the princess yucatan, worth it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast