Quantcast
Chemical flavorings found in e-cigarettes linked to lung disease - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chemical flavorings found in e-cigarettes linked to lung disease

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by spike98
    Here is an article outlining that most studies are shit, news agencies like to sensationalize, and a highlight that we really dont know what vaporizers do.

http://blog.mtbakervapor.com/the-truth-about-diacetyl/

TL;DR - We know Diacetyl causes bronchiolitis when inhaled in a powered form. We do NOT know and can only theorize that it may do when inhaled when mixed into a liquid and vaporized. The FDA agree's and needs more research.
    Good viewpoint/info., thanks. I usually forward this stuff off to the gf, it gives her things to think about.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Equals, no. But again, it falls back to whether it is "safe" to regularly inhale anything but clean air.
    If the only component beyond steam, which you inhale every morning in the shower, is the THC and not a bunch of chemicals/fertilizer residues/etc., is THAT harmful? That's the specific question I wonder if anyone has studied or, has info. on. I'm mostly just curious. The same would go for pure, unprocessed tobacco leaves in a vaporizer, how bad is that? It would certainly be better than processed tobacco no doubt but, to what degree overall?

I don't know, just curious. They're both "plants from the earth" and they're both (if unadultered and vapourized not burned) equal at that point I would think, just different natural components coming from each.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 12-10-2015 at 01:41 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Smoking anything will always be less healthy than not smoking anything.

If you're making the choice to smoke, choose how: combustion, vape, etc. Vaping is a healthier alternative of an unhealthy habit to begin with, so vape and enjoy I say.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Originally posted by A790
    Smoking anything will always be less healthy than not smoking anything.

If you're making the choice to smoke, choose how: combustion, vape, etc. Vaping is a healthier alternative of an unhealthy habit to begin with, so vape and enjoy I say.
    Fair enough. Just seems to me like its just replacing something bad with something slightly better yet still bad.

In my opinion its like saying that instead of jumping off the 7th floor of the building ill jump from the 5th. It will still hurt you at the end of the day.

Originally posted by killramos
    I think its funny how people need scientifically peer reviewed studies done in ways that they personally approve of in order to accept any criticism of what is very obviously an expensive self destructive habit.

But that's just my opinion.
    Not really, its about flawed methodology (ie testing for 8 seconds, when people vape for around 4-5 seconds) and bias (ie. who funds the research, although this study states that they had no competing financial interests, which doesn't explicitly mean it wasn't funding by say Phillip Morris) something that does regularly happen in academia, but that is still frowned down upon.

I don't vape, but I have done research, therefore understand the criticism towards flawed methodology or research.
    Last edited by gatorade; 12-10-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by OTown

Fair enough. Just seems to me like its just replacing something bad with something slightly better yet still bad.

In my opinion its like saying that instead of jumping off the 7th floor of the building ill jump from the 5th. It will still hurt you at the end of the day.
    Not quite the best analogy.

I would use jumping off the 5th floor onto cement or the 5th floor into a pool. Common sense says that both are ridiculous but if i had to chose (addiction) id choose to land in a pool.

Most people are using is as a means to an end. Nicotine isn't the only addictive substance in cigarette's. So when you switch to vaping you pick your battles one by one instead of all at once. Its much easier to quit.

I went from a min half pack a day to vaping 18mg -> 12mg-> 6mg-> and am currently on 3mg and it was a bloody cakewalk. Seriously it was so easy and i have been a smoker for 15 years. It will be a few months before i am vaping 0mg and should be done vaping period by the summer. I have tried everything until this and have failed every time.

My Ride
    2016 Hyundai Tucson

I'm sure everyone on here treats their car better than their body when it comes to maintenance and fuel :-)

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

My lungs feel shitty if i spend to much time in a sauna ( just water vapour ) i don't know how anyone could argue that vaping anything was good for you.
    Um, the Nordic people spend hours a week in saunas (and then in ice cold lakes) and have no problems. In fact the lungs like it wet - dry saunas are dumb.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by OTown

Well, your analogy is a little extreme, but in effect- yea, that's the goal.

That's why I never understood the entire vaping argument. There's no doubt it's healthier than a traditional cigarette/joint, why even argue the point? lol

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That's why I never understood the entire vaping argument. There's no doubt it's healthier than a traditional cigarette/joint, why even argue the point? lol
    I think a lot of it comes from when self obsessed douchebags blow a cloud in your face or use them indoors around you and when you call them out on it you get the response " Bro its just vapor calm down".

Because for people who don't smoke its just as disgusting.

I know a few people who like to pull that one
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Well, your analogy is a little extreme, but in effect- yea, that's the goal.

Absolutely. And yes, it was a bit extreme but it got the point across. That's just how I personally see it, and I get that others might see it differently.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I think a lot of it comes from when self obsessed douchebags blow a cloud in your face or use them indoors around you and when you call them out on it you get the response " Bro its just vapor calm down".

Because for people who don't smoke its just as disgusting.

I know a few people who like to pull that one

lol that's how anyone that smokes anything is. And when you mention it they get so defensive or out right rude. Some little cunt blew her cigarette smoke in my face when i asked her to not smoke all over me in the line up at mad decent block party. I have never been so close to hitting a girl.

That's my biggest problem with any of this, is the absolute inconsiderate attitude towards people who don't do it. And the immediate bullshit you get for mentioning it. I've trained my group of friends to be considerate of others over the past 10 years lol. This is just great info for me to put infront of my freinds anyway haha

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

A guy at my work tried vaping next to everyone, but was eventually told to take it outside. I wouldn't even try. Even if it was proven to be perfectly harmless (which would surprise me), it still is vapor that was in your lungs and is scented. Nobody wants to or should have to knowingly breathe that in.

Really, in that regard, it just comes down to simply being courteous to those around you. Shouldn't be terribly difficult.

Good for you, Spike98. That's, I'm sure, why it was invented in the first place. I too rarely have a desire to smoke anymore, and tried multiple other methods in the past. I think it tends to work so well because vaping replaces what one is used to experiencing with their senses when smoking. Visually, you get the vapor. Physically, you feel the inhale and you get the nicotine. Touch - you hold the ecig. Most other cessation devices only "entertains" one or two of those aspects.

I too started with double digits, and am down to a 6. I've actually been down to a 3, but I switch back and forth. (By all rights, I should probably stick with 3)

Here is another interesting article:

New Study Finds that Average Diacetyl Exposure from Vaping is 750 Times Lower than from Smoking

http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.ca/2...-diacetyl.html

My Ride
    oooo

Come on man, it's so cool - gotta give those guys mad respect if they can vape big cloudz!
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by sillysod

Come on man, it's so cool - gotta give those guys mad respect if they can vape big cloudz!
    I'd be more impressed with a blue angel competition.
    -U

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

I'm with spike, vaping has been very effective for me in quitting smoking. Haven't touched a smoke in three weeks, since I bought my ecig. I'm not attached to my ecig like I was to smokes and am already reducing the nicotine content.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Um, the Nordic people spend hours a week in saunas (and then in ice cold lakes) and have no problems. In fact the lungs like it wet - dry saunas are dumb.
    Joe Rogan, gonna be pissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown303 View Post
    I'd be more impressed with a blue angel competition.
    "No, but that's a really nice ski mask."

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And Nordic people have nice sweaters. I'm convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

[QUOTE=mr2mike;4906994]Joe Rogan, gonna be pissed.

I dont follow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2