Quantcast
Ticketmaster Fails - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ticketmaster Fails

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Default Ticketmaster Fails

Has anyone tried to buy tickets for a high-demand event, only to be kicked out of the system at the very end (when you hit submit/process)?

I was trying to get Adele concert tickets in Toronto yesterday morning. They have a different system setup where you essentially wait in an online line-up and just wait your turn to select tickets.

Anyways we finally get through and select the tickets, put in all the credit info and hit submit. Next screen says something along the lines of "we don't know if your order went through, here's an order number and check back with us." I went right to my credit card company and they didn't even see an attempt to charge my card, zero history. I checked again later that day and same thing.

Well I'm pretty sure Ticketmaster's phone line never works because I tried all day yesterday and got a busy signal. I complained on their Facebook page about this situation and their responses have been quick but completely inadequate. They are offering a $25 gift card for all this.

So instead of spending $400 for 2 tickets through ticketmaster, I'd have to spend $1700 through Stubhub to get the same seats.

The issue had a huge amount of complaints going on yesterday about not being able to get tickets, the system dropping out etc. Of course it is now sold out long after we got 'back in line'.

I really don't understand how this happens at almost every high-demand event. It also wouldn't surprise me if Ticketmaster owned Stubhub and just bought some of its own tickets. Seems fair to me that Ticketmaster pay the difference between what the face value of the ticket is and what a similar section costs on Stubhub. This is what I've asked for but I suspect nothing will come of it. I wonder if Tony Tighe still does inquiries.
    Last edited by msommers; 12-18-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I was able to secure tix for Adele in Vancity...

That being said it was not easy by any means...(also not trying to rub it in)

And also, the rumour is that Ticketmaster is in bed with Stubhub...but I can neither confirm nor deny that, as I just heard that through grapevine
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    06 WRX

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    And also, the rumour is that Ticketmaster is in bed with Stubhub...but I can neither confirm nor deny that, as I just heard that through grapevine
    Stubhub is a direct competitor to ticketmaster's own ticket exchange re-seller service. Stubhub is owned by Ebay. Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation Entertainment, a public company that is also a huge concert promoter and venue owner/operator. So, there are circumstances where ticketmaster/Live Nation make money from owning/operating the venue, promoting the concert/event, selling the tickets and as a re-seller on the secondary market.

You guys listen to Adele?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    I thought that was obvious.

Anyways I've been back and forth with customer service and trying to pushed this to someone higher. It's not the lack of tickets available, its penalizing legitamite customers who played by all the rules and got fucked by their pay system.

Essentially it's like waiting in line for a TV for 2 hours, only to get to the till and have their debit machine not working for your transaction and get sent to the back of the line.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

The easiest way is to have a ticketmaster account already setup and credit card information already in. I can say I've never had issues getting anything when they're just released.

Also as stated above, these ticket companies are a bunch of motherless fucks.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Existing account with working (tested) CC info is the way to go.

Of course most popular concerts like this still sell out in a matter of seconds somehow.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    This
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Regardless of the band, every time I have ever tried to buy tickets on Ticketmaster for something popular, I do the following:

-Get 2+ people together to do the same:
    -Open multiple ticketmaster browser windows across multiple accounts on multiple computers/monitors
    -Get the app going on 2 or more phones
    -Try for about an hour straight, or until it says sold out, starting just before the tickets go on sale

I feel like I put in way more effort than the average person, and I've never in my life been able to get 2 tickets for an event I wanted to see. Not even once. I just bite the bullet and use Stubhub, but now that the dollar is at 1.40 and they convert everything into USD, that option isn't so great either.

This is why I rarely ever go to concerts - the ticket buying process is impossible for the general public. They all get bought up by insiders, or people just wanting to flip them.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm glad I know an insider to get tickets before they go on sale. Before that, I've never been able to buy them publicly through ticketmaster, and have always ended up buying shit at market price.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ford F150

Everyone PM rage for tickets
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Fuck that, it's not even my insider. I just piggy back on when I want to go to a concert that he/she doesn't want to go to.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Silverado

They should go back to the old way. You want tickets? Better line up the day before.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    They should go back to the old way. You want tickets? Better line up the day before.
    Foo Fighters did it right when they put their tickets on sale. You had to line for them and the line up was HUGE.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Jlude
    The easiest way is to have a ticketmaster account already setup and credit card information already in. I can say I've never had issues getting anything when they're just released.

Also as stated above, these ticket companies are a bunch of motherless fucks.

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    Existing account with working (tested) CC info is the way to go.

Of course most popular concerts like this still sell out in a matter of seconds somehow.
    Sadly I did this prior and still got screwed. Just needed to add the three-digits to complete the transaction. I want alone with this process either, saw a lot of complaints online from people who got screwed the same way and still got an order no.

We had two laptops going and my desktop. Crazy lol.
    Ultracrepidarian

Last time Mumford & Sons came to Calgary, a friend and I just walked up to the ticket counter on the North side of the dome a couple hours before the show, and purchased a pair of good tickets side by side. There were maybe 5 people in line. No idea if that is the norm or if we just got lucky, but it worked that day. Maybe they have to keep a certain amount for door sales.

If this is for Adele though I probably wouldn't want to see an artist like that anywhere but a venue with amazing acoustics. I'm not sure where she's going to be, but the hockey arenas are absolute garbage, you'd be better off buying the CD and listening on a good stereo.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-21-2015 at 11:24 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Lol yes Jack Singer would have been nice but Toronto or Vancouver were the choices.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Regardless of the band, every time I have ever tried to buy tickets on Ticketmaster for something popular, I do the following:

-Get 2+ people together to do the same:
    -Open multiple ticketmaster browser windows across multiple accounts on multiple computers/monitors
    -Get the app going on 2 or more phones
    -Try for about an hour straight, or until it says sold out, starting just before the tickets go on sale

I feel like I put in way more effort than the average person, and I've never in my life been able to get 2 tickets for an event I wanted to see. Not even once. I just bite the bullet and use Stubhub, but now that the dollar is at 1.40 and they convert everything into USD, that option isn't so great either.

This is why I rarely ever go to concerts - the ticket buying process is impossible for the general public. They all get bought up by insiders, or people just wanting to flip them.
    opening two browsers will fuck your place in line. it just stalls your choices, don't do this. the app is the secret trick, along with being in line at ticketmaster.

Originally posted by msommers
    Lol yes Jack Singer would have been nice but Toronto or Vancouver were the choices.
    I think she's way too popular to ever get a small-ish venue anyway, so it's probably a lost cause for a place where she will sound good haha. I'd be surprised if she was ever anywhere except the biggest possible venues, because she will sell out no matter what.

Ticketmaster is brutal; concerts "sell out" in seconds online, yet their sister reselling company always seems to secure prime tickets immediately. Weird how that works

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast