Quantcast
Making A Murderer - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Making A Murderer

My Ride
    2005 F350

Prior to this trial, EDTA testing was ruled unreliable and would take months for the FBI to figure out a proper test to confirm or deny the EDTA in the blood. yet during the trial, once it was known that the defense was bringing this up, the FBI was able to conjure up some "all new" test within 2 days?

there was never any proof that this chick was killed on that site. forensic scientists testified that the bones were moved to the site they were found in and that it was not the actual burn site. they ignored that testimony as well.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Originally posted by SOAB
    Prior to this trial, EDTA testing was ruled unreliable and would take months for the FBI to figure out a proper test to confirm or deny the EDTA in the blood. yet during the trial, once it was known that the defense was bringing this up, the FBI was able to conjure up some "all new" test within 2 days?

there was never any proof that this chick was killed on that site. forensic scientists testified that the bones were moved to the site they were found in and that it was not the actual burn site. they ignored that testimony as well.
    What about the evidence that her bones were actually intertwined with the rubber and steel belt from the tires, and thus the tires and bones HAD to have been burned at the site. The doc ignored that as well from the sounds of it.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So I actually just finished watching the series last night.

The one thing that has really struck a chord with me: why would Avery, after being in prison for 6(?) years so far, be going to such lengths to learn law, read through all the case documents and find anything to further his chance at release?

I truly don't know a lot of murder cases and the intimate details of inmates but intuitively, that type of behavior doesn't seem like common practice of guilty parties.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I'm only on episode 2, but it sounds like Avery should have hired O.J Simpsons lawyers.

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Originally posted by OTown

What about the evidence that her bones were actually intertwined with the rubber and steel belt from the tires, and thus the tires and bones HAD to have been burned at the site. The doc ignored that as well from the sounds of it.
    Didn't the expert archaeologist state that the bones could have been thrown on top of the tires and have had the same result?

My Ride
    2005 F350

she also stated that finding bone fragments at 2 different sites usually means the spot with the majority of the bones is usually the place the bones were moved to, not the original burn site. you can pick up most of the bone fragments after burning but can never get them all.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    This and that.

Just finished watching it yesterday and honestly I am absolutely appalled. I am not even ruling out that they might actually be guilty but just the way the due process was done in this case and the convictions obtained, it's shocking. I can't imagine the frustration and angst those defence lawyers must have felt and probably feel. The fact that the appellate courts upheld them and refused to give leave for Supreme Court just exacerbates the whole situation. Absolutely ridiculous.

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

What I don't get is that if it started in his house and then she was killed in the garage and burnt just behind it, why is her blood in the back of the SUV? Makes more sense that she was killed and then put in the RAV 4, then taken to another area to be burned. If that is the case Brandens story does not add up at all. And the obvious fact that zero DNA was found in the house or garage.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The key is super fucked. How is there zero DNA of her's from a vehicle she owned but Avery has some DNA on there? In what world would that ever happen?!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    06 F-150

What doesn't make sense to me is apparently this Avery fellow is not very smart. Yet he cleans up entire garage, bedroom, etc. Everything is cleaned perfectly that could link her to being inside Any buildings on his property. A cover up like this is the work of a professional. But then he burns her right outside his trailer? Smears his own blood on her vehicle, but doesn't leave a print? He hides be vehicle on his own property behind branches? But has a vehicle compacter on site? He leaves the key to the vehicle in his room?

How can he do such a good job and such a bad job all at the same time?

Absolutely there is a decent chance that Avery is guilty however I don't think there is anywhere near enough evidence to realistically show that he did. One thing that I am near certain about though is the story about how and where he killed her is not correct.

First a lot of the things as previously stated don't make sense. For example he is too stupid to crush her car with his crusher, yet he cleaned up every last bit of dna and blood from a cluttered garage and trailer.

The other thing that really doesn't make sense to me is the body burning. They claim it is not possible that the bones could have been moved however an open air fire would not get hot enough to burn a body down to that level.

Also the latest claims about the DNA in her vehicle was not only blood but also his sweat. As far as I know there is no DNA is sweat.

Originally posted by msommers
    The key is super fucked. How is there zero DNA of her's from a vehicle she owned but Avery has some DNA on there? In what world would that ever happen?!
    No only that, but how do they go undiscovered for days during multiple searches and then is suddenly discovered under some slippers that have photographic evidence SHOWN IN COURT that show there weren't keys under the slippers in the days before they were found.

I dont know if Avery is guilty or not but what i do know is that the whole case and trial have so many holes in it that something is fishy. There is reasonable doubt all over the place, gross incompetence of law enforcement, and evidence of misconduct of the DA.

He should never have been convicted and an investigation should have been started into the activities of county police and district attorney.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Agreed. The issue that, at least on the surface, seems to be reoccurring in the county and state is that they are protecting their own and attempting to not lose the public's trust.

We were chatting about this in the office today and we were all trying to make up stories of what actually happened. I through out there that this stalker finally got resistance from her in person and he killed her by accident or in a heat of rage. Tried to cover things up by knowing she was at Avery's before and his history. Perhaps the killer knew someone deeply in law enforcement and went to them after the fact to figure out what to do.
    Ultracrepidarian

I find this humorous yet creepy at the same time. This guy is a winner

http://gothamist.com/2016/01/19/maki..._ken_kratz.php

My Ride
    fg2

I think Halbechs brother did it. Something off about that guy. He has this little smile/smirk on his face half the time when he's answering questions about his dead sister and her killer.

Originally posted by dansmith11
    I think Halbechs brother did it. Something off about that guy. He has this little smile/smirk on his face half the time when he's answering questions about his dead sister and her killer.
    This! Creep loves to be in the limelight way too much.

Him or Ryan Hillegas (her ex). The stuff about the .22 seems to point that way.

There is also this: http://www.convolutedbrian.com/an-alternative.html

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

Originally posted by dansmith11
    Yeah I think hes mad because in that video they showed, she said she loved her sisters but didn't mention her brother.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 10:53 AM.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by 01RedDX

At first I thought it was gonna be wack, but he murdered that track.
    I see what you did there.....
    ...@therealarifjina...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast