Quantcast
What to do if you think you have a drug dealer in your hood? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do if you think you have a drug dealer in your hood?

Default What to do if you think you have a drug dealer in your hood?

This has been going on for sometime now -there's a spot up the street from me where there are no houses on either side of the street as there's an elementary school field on one side and a community hall field on the other.

Once in a while, and I mean frequently enough to notice it considering I only pass that area when I go in and out of the neighbourhood, there are random cars that park there with people inside that look shady.

The other day I thought to myself, like I always do when I see a vehicle there with people in it "why are there are always random vehicles parked there?" And the only thing I can think of is that they're waiting for their dealer.

Now what really backs up my theory is that there are shoes tied together and strung up in a tree, right next to where the people park. The old hood tales say that shoes hanging on power wires or tree mean that its a drug dealer / spot to meet at.

I really wanted to just park and wait to see who came to the car, but I'm not that nosey... Yet. And I didn't really want my vehicle on target list in case anything happened.

Could be a simple weed dealer, could be something more. The big question here is - WWJD???

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Mind you own fucking business rat..

Jk can report suspicious activity to police but if it's that obvious they probably already have heard of it

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If this was me, and there had been zero impact on my life other than seeing shady fuckers parked there, I don't think I'd do anything other than keep an eye out.
    I guess you could call the non-emergency police line and see if they are interested. That wouldn't hurt, I just probably wouldn't bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

According to Drugs Inc. shoes on telephone line (tree) means the drug house is open, depending on the color, white for example, means they are selling coke
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    If this was me, and there had been zero impact on my life other than seeing shady fuckers parked there, I don't think I'd do anything other than keep an eye out.
    uhhhh ok, considering the gang war in Calgary right now, the drugs and weapons involved and all of shootings/homicides that have happened this year alone...you're right, a drug dealer in your neighbourhood will have zero impact on your life if there is ever a turf war or god knows what else in your neighborhoods.

OP, contact crime stoppers and report it that way, also a good way to stay anonymous if that worries you.
    Last edited by LadyLuck; 12-29-2015 at 09:28 PM.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

haha I didn't know that about the shoe thing. I live in a fairly new neighbourhood and for some reason there is an electrical line that runs between 2 light poles in front of my house only on the entire street. The city never responded to my complaints so I've thrown a pair of converse up there to make it my own personal "ghetto line".
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Why not fuck with the druggies? Put a few signs out warning of busts... It will clear out the drug dealers. Maybe leave one saying the plates are getting reported to police... Being that the complaints beside a school I'm sure there police will pay attention to any complaint lodged

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

Support local business.

I don't see much you can do? You have zero solid evidence and I wouldn't recommend getting involved. Best you could do is file a complaint and hope an officer gets lucky.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

Shoes on a wire isn't a signal for where to buy drugs, that was just in drugs Inc. for dramatic effect.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I usually just pull right up and motion them to roll down the window.

"Hey guys, whats going on, you lost? Or just hanging out here? If you need assistance, I'd be more than happy to call the police for you"

Works everytime. Some people are way too afraid of some sort of "retaliation" that just isn't a thing. Drug dealers deal drugs, they aren't going to mess with regular people (IMO).

My Ride
    09 WRX

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    I usually just pull right up and motion them to roll down the window.

"Hey guys, whats going on, you lost? Or just hanging out here? If you need assistance, I'd be more than happy to call the police for you"

Works everytime. Some people are way too afraid of some sort of "retaliation" that just isn't a thing. Drug dealers deal drugs, they aren't going to mess with regular people (IMO).
    You do this... to people you suspect are drug dealers?

Gonna have to submit this to r/thathappened

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

If you feel a vehicle is suspicious, you are totally open and free to report it to police. If they have nothing better to do, they'll swing by.

While weed dealers usually don't attract anyone TOO shady, heavier drugs or gang war potential certainly would want me keeping such activity out of my own community.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

You do this... to people you suspect are drug dealers?

Gonna have to submit this to r/thathappened
    The reason they are in your neighbourhood to begin with is because nobody has the guts to stand up to them. If they believe they can operate with impunity, they will As mentioned, its pretty low on the cops list of things to take care of.

Please, by all means show me how many people not associated with the drug trade have been victimized in the past decade in Calgary? You can even include accidentally/bystander into that.

I am guessing the answer is extremely few. But continue to be afraid of these people while the odds of having you car written off and/or you dieing in a car crash is astronomically higher Man, some peoples perception of risk is f%&ked

My Ride
    ‘19 McLaren 720s, '15 Range Rover ALWB

Last edited by NewLextasy; 12-30-2015 at 10:12 AM.

My Ride
    ‘19 McLaren 720s, '15 Range Rover ALWB

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Here's a little rant/story..

When I was 15-16 we had a lawyer move in next door who was a pretty shady character. He was very strange and kept to himself for the first year. After about 13 months he had very sketchy looking people coming in and out of his house quite consistently. We initially didn't think anything of it and just thought okay sure, a lawyer dealing with sketchy people.. Sounds about right. Anyways, these visits became more and more frequent and started to occur during all hours of the day and night.

On several occasions, when the neighbor would have visitors they would blatantly carry cash in hand into the house and walk out with a bag/hands in shirt/pocket not more than 10 minutes later. It got to the point where up to 25+ sketchy people were pulling up on the driveway, going into the house and leaving per day. It was very obvious what was going on. The cul-de-sac began to stink like chemicals at times, and more than a few neighbors had noticed this. We tipped the police off on several occasions, and they could not of cared less. We found ourselves, among neighbors phoning the police at least once every couple of months for at least a year. The lawyer finally overdosed and an ambulance showed up, followed by a massive raid of police approximately 10-15 minutes after the ambulance arrived. After a while the police began coming out of the house with tons of lab equipment in garbage bags, other chemicals covered in plastic and it was very clear the guy had a fucking meth lab in his house.

It's pretty frustrating that it had to take an incident like that to get the guy off our block. The whole neighborhood knew the guy was running a meth lab, yet nothing could of been done when you phoned the police and tipped them. It's hard for me to believe that what the neighborhood saw does not constitute as sufficient evidence to raid the guy..

OP, go over and ask how much an 8 ball is

The reason they are in your neighbourhood to begin with is because nobody has the guts to stand up to them. If they believe they can operate with impunity, they will As mentioned, its pretty low on the cops list of things to take care of.

Please, by all means show me how many people not associated with the drug trade have been victimized in the past decade in Calgary? You can even include accidentally/bystander into that.

I am guessing the answer is extremely few. But continue to be afraid of these people while the odds of having you car written off and/or you dieing in a car crash is astronomically higher Man, some peoples perception of risk is f%&ked
    Because no civvy was stupid enough to step into their business maybe? When I look back at my generation, i thought they were crazy, I look at todays generation, i think they definitely have us beat.
    We had knives, batons, matchetes (mostly), every kid now a day has a gun and they dont care to use it. lol I avoid clubs for this reason, cause they don't care who you are, how old you are, what crew you use to roll with. That's how I see things today.
    Best to stay out of their business, call crime stoppers, report suspicious activity and license plates, let them do the rest. We have too much to live for, why put yourself at risk?

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    Here's a little rant/story..

When I was 15-16 we had a lawyer move in next door who was a pretty shady character. He was very strange and kept to himself for the first year. After about 13 months he had very sketchy looking people coming in and out of his house quite consistently. We initially didn't think anything of it and just thought okay sure, a lawyer dealing with sketchy people.. Sounds about right. Anyways, these visits became more and more frequent and started to occur during all hours of the day and night.

On several occasions, when the neighbor would have visitors they would blatantly carry cash in hand into the house and walk out with a bag/hands in shirt/pocket not more than 10 minutes later. It got to the point where up to 25+ sketchy people were pulling up on the driveway, going into the house and leaving per day. It was very obvious what was going on. The cul-de-sac began to stink like chemicals at times, and more than a few neighbors had noticed this. We tipped the police off on several occasions, and they could not of cared less. We found ourselves, among neighbors phoning the police at least once every couple of months for at least a year. The lawyer finally overdosed and an ambulance showed up, followed by a massive raid of police approximately 10-15 minutes after the ambulance arrived. After a while the police began coming out of the house with tons of lab equipment in garbage bags, other chemicals covered in plastic and it was very clear the guy had a fucking meth lab in his house.

It's pretty frustrating that it had to take an incident like that to get the guy off our block. The whole neighborhood knew the guy was running a meth lab, yet nothing could of been done when you phoned the police and tipped them. It's hard for me to believe that what the neighborhood saw does not constitute as sufficient evidence to raid the guy..
    People have rights in this country, so no, what you and your neighbors experienced does not constitute sufficient evidence to enter a person's house.

Just because we can't or aren't doing anything doesn't mean it isn't happening; we have rules to abide by and they take precedence over all else. The evidence to obtain a search warrant needs to be collected over a long time, and sometimes you just can't get it.

Instead of being pissed about it, be happy we live in a country where we can't just barge into your house on hearsay evidence and "we all know what's going on here" grounds.

Anyways - OP, call the police. Contrary to popular belief, this is very high priority and we go to these calls ASAP.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Are you for real? There's always stories about drug dealers targeting the wrong houses or home invasions hitting the wrong place looking for drugs. How about the druggies who rob and steal to support their habits? Who do you think they target? How about the junky robbing their families.

I can go on and on with examples of non drug users getting taken advantage of or victimized by those in the drug trade.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast