Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Titan prices released

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Default 2016 Titan prices released

Almost 74k for the top end deisel

My Ride
    Cayman

So is the Cummins engine really worth an extra $20k?

2015 Titan SL @ $54k MSRP (and Nissan has always been eager to sell the Titan way below MSRP just to get one out the door) vs 2016 Titan @ $74k. I wonder how much under MSRP they will end up selling these come summer time.

You could pick up a loaded Lariat F350 diesel for $80k minus the usual $12-$16k discount off MSRP and be miles ahead of the Titan...

-edit- I just dug up my order sheet from Ford dated Sept 2015 for a loaded 2015 Lariat diesel. MSRP $80,174, they gave us a discount of $18,421 and paid $63,868.21 taxes in.

Titan pricing seems crazy high to me
    Last edited by Proyecto2000; 12-30-2015 at 01:41 AM.

My Ride
    Trucks

Cochrane Toyota has Tacomas for $90k+ so I'm sure some suckers will pay 74k for a Nissan pickup.

Tacoma for $90k+ lols

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

It's pretty easy to see how pickup trucks are buttering the bread for domestics as they are making obscene profits on these things as the pricing has gone out of control.

Originally posted by Darell_n
    Cochrane Toyota has Tacomas for $90k+ so I'm sure some suckers will pay 74k for a Nissan pickup.
    90k Tacoma? Is that for a stock one, or for one of those ones that they've thrown a shit ton of aftermarket nonsense at?

$74k for bone stock Titan with a Cummins? That's nuts, combine the crazy price tag with the terrible gas mileage the Cummins gets and why would anyone buy one of these?
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Those Tacomas are pretty modded at Cochrane Toyota but still way more then the sum of the vehicles and parts.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Nissan often gives 10k+ for discounts on Titans. Usually in the fall/winter.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
    Nissan often gives 10k+ for discounts on Titans. Usually in the fall/winter.
    That's because Titan's have not changed at all since they were introduced in 2004.

I was seriously considering a decently loaded one, $26k out the door at the end of 2014.

Having said that, the new Titan, especially the diesel makes no sense (as I've mentioned elsewhere). Current youtube reviews are super-unimpressed with its towing capabilities. It basically is a modernized version of a 2001 2500hd duramax. There is no purpose to it, especially only being rated to tow 12,100 pounds. Most half tons have a max tow package that gets the max towing capacity to around 11k or 11.5k pounds. And the cummins diesel doesn't get that much better mpg than the new direct injection pickups do.

In short, the Titan XD is aimed at a very niche segment. Those who want a 1/2 ton sized truck, with lower end 3/4 ton capabilties, and a long lasting diesel that will get much better mpg while towing.

So unless you are towing constantly, the XD makes little sense, especially for the absurd prices.

My Ride
    Trucks

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

90k Tacoma? Is that for a stock one, or for one of those ones that they've thrown a shit ton of aftermarket nonsense at?
    That's for the full redneck package. Probably will throw in white Oaklies and truck nuts for free.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

$86,250

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by Darell_n

That's for the full redneck package. Probably will throw in white Oaklies and truck nuts for free.
    You forgot the ski-goggles to hang from the rear-view.

That taco is pretty damn sick, but at that price.. I'll buy a real truck

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    That's because Titan's have not changed at all since they were introduced in 2004.
    That's a long time for a model to remain unchanged. Tacoma and Tundra have the same issue. Having said that I'm the type of guy that values solid reliability and low cost of ownership over bells and whistles so I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke" mantra.

Originally posted by Aleks

$86,250
    Crazy price I'd have to see a parts list to make a definitive call but I suspect that's still a substantial premium over what the same parts bought and installed somewhere else would cost.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Having said that I'm the type of guy that values solid reliability and low cost of ownership over bells and whistles so I subscribe to the "if it ain't broke" mantra.
    I completely agree. Besides the horrendous MPG, our company 2009 Titan has been awesome.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I completely agree. Besides the horrendous MPG, our company 2009 Titan has been awesome.
    I had a 2006 Titan that was a great truck, bought a new 2014 Titan in Sept the deal was too good to pass up. I run a Bully dog tuner and that greatly improves the gas mileage. I don't think the gas mileage is all that different then other v8 trucks. But each to their own, I am glad I did not wait for the 2016 at these prices

But for me the new Titan does fit me, cause I want a 1/2 toon that I can tow my trailer with (90% of use) and I little winter driving but not at 20k premium over 2015 prices, when my 2014 pulls the trailer just fine or so would a f150...
    Last edited by redline; 12-31-2015 at 03:53 PM.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by Aleks

$86,250
    Most of those trinkets will get as much use as the Pope's balls but someone will buy it for the arduous drive from Arbour lake to Downtown.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

The pricing has turned me off but I wish more manufacturers would offer a diesel even if they have to partner with a company like Cummins.

Originally posted by Maxt

Most of those trinkets will get as much use as the Pope's balls but someone will buy it for the arduous drive from Arbour lake to Downtown.
    Arbour Lake to Downtown with no snorkel? Sounds like risky business
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Originally posted by Maxt

Gotta have the Roof Top Tent fitted 24/7, you just never know.
    Toma the homophobe?

I thought originally that introducing a 3rd category of truck between a heavy/super duty and a half ton would be "clever" but so far its not turning out that way... The V8 aluminum head cummings is untested and so far unimpressive.

So outside of throwing a truck body over their NV2500 and the addition of this motor, how is this an answer to a heavy/super duty? I don't think there is going to be any real drivability advantages when compared to any 250/2500 (especially a Duramax 2500)

honestly I think the biggest limitation with half tons these days isn't the towing but rather the payload... so beyond max tow, every company should have a HD payload option (other than Ford I mean) that comes with an overload spring, and free floating rear axels to give a few hundred more pounds than the typical 1500... and meanwhile you still have a drivable half ton.

My Ride
    something green

Where Nissan needs to put this engine, is in the NV cargo Van, since all the towing capabilities of the new Euro style vans , sprinter, transit, promaster, is kind of pathetic. The only Van in the 10,000 lb towing range is the GM savana, and I am not sure you can still get a savana with a diesel option, they use to offer the de-rated duramax but it might only be gassers now.
    If I could get a 5.0 diesel in a van that would tow 11-12000 lbs, that would probably be my next work vehicle.
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast