Quantcast
Lower Back Pain - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Lower Back Pain

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I got to a sadist for Neuromuscular Therapy. Its 30mins of the worst pain you will experience but it works.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Good thread! My hip is out of alignment and hence my left shoulder is quite a bit higher than my right. Couple of you have seen me with a bar on my shoulders and said WTF is up with that!!

I went to chiro back in June and at $48 a pop, 2-3x a week for a month I decided to stop since I have to pay out of pocket. I do have my own policy which reduces the cost but still I pay most of it.

Wednesday night I was sitting on the floor with my daughter and I tweaked something. Night time I could barely move, or get out of bed. I went and used my friend's inversion table today and thought hey not much is going on. However, I got off and my lower back felt better. Pain is still there but it's better.

I will go see a physio therapist soon.

My Ride
    NC1

We can all relate to this. Mine still flares up randomly, sometimes once every few months for a few days or the longest was 9 months pain free.

I gotta keep my posture straight first thing in the morning but luckily I don't have a desk job and always on my feet.

Working out definitely helps. See what works for you. Listen to your body.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Accord Coupe

A few years ago I developed a bad back pain that was quite bad, saw Physio and Chiro for several months with some slow progress… then was told about this book by a physiotherapist, "Treat your own back pain" by Robin Mckenzie... Spent $20 on the book on Friday, felt way better by Monday!

Originally posted by A790

Dude you need to strengthen you core.

Originally posted by chathamf

Maybe you are right.
    No maybe, he's right.

Other than the exercises as suggested, then once more, correct your posture when sitting.

On a side note, I'm surprised no one has commented on my ass donut suggestion

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

Originally posted by austic
    I got to a sadist for Neuromuscular Therapy. Its 30mins of the worst pain you will experience but it works.
    just wondering who/where you go for that

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Figured I would add the response to the thread as well

http://www.threepeaksclinic.com/

Adamo is the guy you want to go see.

its not something you go 2 or 3 times a week. When you meet him his goal is to fix you in as little sessions as possible. its going to hurt like hell but it works.

I had some really bad shoulder issues that he fixed in 3 sessions.

Originally posted by 2000Accord
    A few years ago I developed a bad back pain that was quite bad, saw Physio and Chiro for several months with some slow progress… then was told about this book by a physiotherapist, "Treat your own back pain" by Robin Mckenzie... Spent $20 on the book on Friday, felt way better by Monday!
    I got referred this book too, well worth the $8 from amazon for the copy.
    I just need to finish reading it but like what I've read so far.
    My back is a mess

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Since the creation of this thread I have had my atlas vertebrae adjusted (one time, painless noninvasive procedure) and the results have been wild. Crazy, crazy shit. You can do some simple tests at home to see how far out yours is, basically 95% of people are born unaligned but there isn't much change in the mild cases. Head injuries and whiplash and whatnot will make it worse over time and with my extensive high impact sport history it's been a huge change.

So the test that really stood out to me was a strength test. Basically you lay on your back with your right leg bent and left straight. Get someone to put pressure on the left leg and looking straight ahead raise that leg. Then turn your head to the left and your eyes to the right as far as you can and try to raise your leg again

For me I couldn't... he did the procedure then we did the tests again and boom... full strength

I live with back pain every single day. Whenever I bend over to clean my buckets for more than 30 seconds, I can't stand up. It takes me a few minutes before I can stand straight and walk. Same with getting up from the couch. Intense pain for the first few minutes of standing up.
    People always ask about my knees in this trade. My knees are fine. My back is shot.
    I haven't gone to a chiropractor in over 30 years.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Stress flares my back pain the worst. Ever since I started as a mechanic I've always experienced the worst pain when I'm stressed out of my mind.

I use icey hot and a heated bean bag at night when its really bad.

My Ride
    FA5

I had chronic lower back pain for almost a month where the pain was so bad I could barely walk. Thank God it wasn't a herniated disc.

Not sure if this is due to years of doing heavy dead-lifting (bad form/ego lifting) but it did take a big toll. Some days when I lay down, it would take me 10-15 mins just to roll over to one side or to get up..it was that bad. I used to get muscle spasms as well.

Fast forward to today, I am completely fine now due to many chiropractor/massage sessions and daily stretching. For those who are still in pain, GO to a chiropractor ASAP before it gets worse. It will not get fixed in 1 day but it will with time and you will feel a lot better. Also it is a good idea to do yoga. Invest in your health.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Not that I have horrible back pain but I bought this yesterday and it'll probably help y'all too. Pending snowfall to test it out.

http://www.homehardware.ca/en/rec/in...0?Ntt=the+heft

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4