Quantcast
Ordered to remove window tint in 60 days - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Ordered to remove window tint in 60 days

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    I'm all for tint but I personally don't like it too too dark. So for my mini I tinted the rears with 20%, which is what the guys at the shop told me was basically factory spec'ed. A bit dark for me still, but at night I can see out the windows still.
    I'm surprised you didn't go darker so no one can see you driving an auto Mini!!

Originally posted by never

I'm surprised you didn't go darker so no one can see you driving an auto Mini!!

You mother effer hahaha. I tossed a sprint booster in btw, much better throttle response now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Boring. And a motorcycle.

Several years ago, coming back down QE2 from an Edmonton Subaru Meet, I got pulled over and given a tint ticket (35% tint on the fronts) by a Sheriff. About 30 mins later, got pulled over again and, when the officer told me he was giving me a tint ticket, I showed him the one I'd just gotten. He said fine and gave me the order to remove it and show up at the RCMP station and prove I'd removed it or he would send me a failure to comply ticket until I did.

Sure enough, I received a Failure to Comply ticket in the mail about 2 months later with a note saying that I had 30 days to remove it (another order) or I'd get another ticket. I had the tint removed the next day and went to the RCMP detachment, showed them the letter and the guy glanced out the window and said "ok" and that's the last I heard of it.

It was long enough ago that I forget the amounts, but I tried calling the officers bluff and found out he wasn't.
    The Ex: 2002 Subaru 2.5RSTi w/ JDM V7 STI Swap, JDM 6-Speed Trans, Dom 1.5XTR, ST Coilovers
    The Ride: 2014 Ducati Multistrada S, Tuneboy w/ CC
    Daily: Boring Volvo.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

For the OP... the cop could have very easily just given you a tint ticket and be done with it. The fact that hes giving you the option is actually pretty considerate. Either you take it off and no more fines or you leave it on and get a fine and risk further ones later from other officers. Its up to you really.

A rookie pulled me over 3 years ago for tint, on a 4 door bmw sedan with 35% front and back. Just gave me a ticket for one window, $67 I believe. A couple of weeks later an unmarked unit pulled me over, just to warn me that there is a note in the system about my tint (the previous ticket) and that if another stickler sees me I'll get another ticket. I said ok thanks, and after 2 years daily driving that car I was never pulled over. 35% on a sedan isn't even dark, just takes one stickler.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Just pay the mod tax and move on. If the tax gets too pricey, remove the mod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3