Quantcast
Ordered to remove window tint in 60 days - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordered to remove window tint in 60 days

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Default Ordered to remove window tint in 60 days

Hey guys,
    So my buddy got a window tint ticket as well as order to remove the tint within 60 days which he has to prove by going into the station and I guess showing them that they're off. Have you guys ever heard of that happening? Any ideas of how to fight it?

Some of us were tossing around the idea that he could try and get a doctors note about light sensitivity maybe? Seems like a stretch but anything is worth a shot.

Thoughts?

I once tried to get a note from an optometrist and was instead given a prescription for sunglasses.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Ordered to remove window tint in 60 days

Originally posted by dj_patm
    Some of us were tossing around the idea that he could try and get a doctors note about light sensitivity maybe? Seems like a stretch but anything is worth a shot.
    "Wear sunglasses".

Take off the tint, show them, and then put it back on. It's illegal, clearly stated so, and you're in violation of the law. Sucks but you got to play by their rules.

Thoughts?

Just take the tint off.
    Will fuck off, again.

Last edited by know1edge; 12-19-2018 at 01:50 PM.

My Ride
    is broken

Originally posted by know1edge
    Curious about this order. What is the consequence of not complying? Are they going to show up to his house to verify after 60 days?
    Had one. Nobody checked. But a second offense wouldn't look good. Cops usually only gives these out to asshole drivers so if you want to speed make sure your car is legal.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Isn't first ticket like $50, 2nd offence $300ish or something like that and keeps going up?
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Silverado

OP back from the dead.

Nothing more to add that what's above

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Isn't first ticket like $50, 2nd offence $300ish or something like that and keeps going up?
    Can anyone confirm that subsequent offenses are larger fines? That's the first time I've heard of that.

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by nobb

Can anyone confirm that subsequent offenses are larger fines? That's the first time I've heard of that.
    i have had multiple tint tickets in the past 10 years. all in the same vehicle. they have either been 57$ or 114$ depending on what section they pick. But definitely didn't get higher the more i got.

last ticket i got was $114 but i went to JP and said yes i have window tint. can i have ticket reduced to the $57 fine.
    payed the $57 and off i went till the next tint ticket.

Also had a no DRL ticket at the same time. That ticket was also $114 but that one was thrown out when i told the JP i fixed the fuse problem.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by blairtruck
    Also had a no DRL ticket at the same time.
    They actually give those out?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Curious. What type of car was your buddy driving, how dark was the tint and did be get any other tix?

I haven't heard of a tint ticket in a long time, but have had the front windows tinted at 50% on a couple of my cars now and haven't had issues thus far....I have pulled up right beside cop too. Don't know if its cuz they didn't notice or they didn't care? Regardless, I try not to be a dick on the road to draw attention.

My buddy has had his front windows tinted on all has cars for the past 10+ years and have never received tint tix. And he's been pulled over for speeding and blah blah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I've had 40% (light) tint on all my front (side) windows, with 3 vehicles, the past 15 years and have never had any issues.

I would recommend to OPs friend to lose the drug-dealer vehicle look to help with not being pulled over by cops all the time.
    Last edited by revelations; 01-16-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Err sorry...I looked at the receipts. 20% in the back and 35% in the front for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Tint on my Pathfinder, pull up to cops, never been pulled over in it.

Tint on my 240sx, pulled over but due to "loud exhaust" and they tagged the tint on it too. Windows were both down.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 10:38 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    FT86

I wish cops would give out more of these tickets. It's annoying when you're at a 4 way stop or just trying to walk across a street and can't tell if the driver sees you or not because their front side windows are too dark.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by D88
    I wish cops would give out more of these tickets. It's annoying when you're at a 4 way stop or just trying to walk across a street and can't tell if the driver sees you or not because their front side windows are too dark.
    Your post matches your avatar.

My Ride
    changes every year

I just got one a month ago. It's $78 now and they just told me I can rip it off and show them and they might reduce or get rid of it. I declined and admitted I won't do it and I'll just pay the ticket, so I'm sure they will be especially looking out for me.

The cost to remove it vs the amount of times that I've been pulled over for tint in almost 20 years (twice) weighs out the hassle of getting all this done.

BTW, this happened only maybe 2 minutes from the time I left my house and he specifically turned around to pull me over, I wasn't doing anything other than driving normal.

I just got a ticket for this about a month ago as well. I was driving back from lunch with 3 coworkers and the cop pulled me over in my companies parking lot. He told me I could remove be tint and have the ticket thrown away after the fact. Total waste of tax dollars imo, the cop was an asshole too. He was in a macdonalds parking lot and specifically came after me for tinted windows.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast