Quantcast
Chronic Athletes Foot - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Chronic Athletes Foot

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Default Chronic Athletes Foot

Pretty gross discussion, but I've had some form of Athletes Foot for years. Much worse in the summer, but persists all year. I have done most of the "normal" things like keeping my shoes off as much as possible, changing socks, using various anti-fungal creams etc. It all seems to help a little, but the issue is always there, and gets worse if I slip up for a couple of days.

Currently has worked its way under a few toenails, which is extra disgusting.

Is there a "systematic" cure for this, or a topical option that can 100% kill this?

I'm and really tired of this issue.

My Ride
    17 M3 ZCP + 18 X3M40

Severe or recurrent Athletes foot can be very tough to treat as the topical medications are generally pretty useless and even when they do work the source (your tub/shoes/sweaty feet/gym) is usually constantly re-infecting the area.

So, assuming that you do have athletes foot I would suggest you do what you can to reduce the fungus around you in shoes/tub etc. Lysol the shoes, bleach the tub. Make sure your feet aren't always sweaty, if they are mention that and Ill suggest some stuff. Stay on top of that kind of stuff.

OTC antifungals are worst than topical rx antifungals which as I mentioned are generally quite useless as well

You also stated that you now may have some fungus in your nails. Know that this can take 9-12 months to resolve.

If you do have fungus, and you are a candidate for an oral (systemic) medication you need to see your family doctor or better yet a foot doctor.

http://alpinefootankle.com/ Is my regular suggestion for a foot doc.
    ------------------------
    '17 BMW M3 Comp
    '18 BMW X3 M40i

My Ride
    My Bike

I've had to deal with this too. The joy of swimming at a public pool. It wouldn't go away with using the over the counter cream, so I went to the doctor and got a prescription for stronger topical cream and the pills. They worked. Getting the prescription cream is also cheaper if you have a drug benefit plan.

My Ride
    fairlady tt

Piss on your feet every time you shower. This may sound funny but after my first bout of AF i went to the doctor and he actually gave me this advice. He also gave me some anti-fungals but i haven't had an issue in 10+ years since i started pissing on my feet.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

^^ Alternatively, just use white vinegar and soak your feet in it. Probably a better and more thorough option than peeing on your feet.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Originally posted by Disoblige
    ^^ Alternatively, just use white vinegar and soak your feet in it. Probably a better and more thorough option than peeing on your feet.
    Have been doing that. hit the vinegar soak and watch a bit of netflix. Find it really loosens up the old skin on my feet as well, I guess that's a fringe benefit. Not totally sure how much it is helping yet.