Quantcast
What price increases due to falling Canadian dollar have you seen/heard of? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What price increases due to falling Canadian dollar have you seen/heard of?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Big thing i have noticed is fast food coupons. In one junk mail delivery I got coupons for BK, McD's, Tim Hortons, A&W and Wendys. It seems the "value meals" are a big focus as many people arent eating out as much as they used to. Sad part is, the coupons make the food what it SHOULD cost to begin with. McD's mcmuffin combo with coffee/hash brown for $3.49.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Travel and vacation packages to the south are getting more expensive. Although airlines are saving in jet fuel costs the packages and contract rates with the hotels are all paid in USD so going to Mexico, Dominican etc will be more expensive.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by speedog
    Some of these fast food restaurants raising their prices seems odd but maybe most of their supplies come out of the USA, KFC maybe sources their chicken in Canada but at some point one would expect chicken prices to start going up as export amounts increase.
    Doesn't really matter where the stuff is sourced. Thanks the NAFTA, we will always pay whatever the continent pays in USD.

Nobody in Canada is selling you something for $1CAD/kg when you can fetch $1USD/kg exporting.

So I expect that with Canadian not able to afford it, we will get the left over that isn't worth exporting. Kinda like how seafood are for the last few years. All good stuff are exported to Asia and we get the rest.

My Ride
    2000 Jetta

Originally posted by Darell_n
    My prescription glasses I just bought were over $1200 as opposed to $700 3-4 years ago. Not sure if that's related to the cdn dollar or not, but it's brutal.
    From someone in this field - has little to do with the dollar. They just cleaned you out. That seems to be what the business of Optometry is about now.

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

There's a retail store where I work and since some items are sourced from the US those prices are increasing quite a bit. It takes a little time to sell through the old stock though so some of the price increases are just starting to hit now, but there will be more coming in the next few months as stock comes in. Everything from pens to calculators.

My Ride
    Trucks

Originally posted by forkdork

From someone in this field - has little to do with the dollar. They just cleaned you out. That seems to be what the business of Optometry is about now.
    That's what I figured. God forbid you shop online because the local shops cry foul. As for laser eye surgery, I've asked numerous eye doctors over the years if they would do it, or why they havent and they all respond with 'no chance for in hell'. That's the only answer I need.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I've noticed a lot of baby items are more expensive. I wanted a small stroller for my daughter, Saturday prices online were $99.99 for the one I decided on - Monday i went to buy it online as I had a 10% off coupon and it was $119.99. Ran down to a local non box store and bought it the next day for $99.99.

My Ride
    MDX

Vacation packages have spiked up, hotels are contracted and paid in USD. I've seen a 25-30% increase year over year with no improvements in sight.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by flipstah
    Vegetables and fruits.
    Vegetables have gone crazy.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Appliances have gone up a lot in the last year/year & a half... and as long as the dollar continues to slide, they will continue to get more expensive.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

My RC parts are going up, and quickly too. All the trucks and parts I have noticed have gone up about 15-20%
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by forkdork

I can attest to that. The mark up is sickening.

Originally posted by flipstah
    Vegetables and fruits.
    I've noticed meat getting expensive too.

My Ride
    something green

Pretty much all the heating and cooling products used in residential/commercial/industrial sectors comes out of the US and the prices have all gone up, a long with the US shipping rates . Its just not the straight exchange increase, a lot of things are up 50% recently.
    Japanese stuff was looking like a good alternative,but the yen has been widening its spread to. Most of the industrial food plants use equipment that is out of the US, parts and maintenance items are getting silly expensive right now and all that is added in to the price of what we eat.
    Too loud for Aspen

costco still is selling their meat for the same price.

13.99 a kg for boneless chicken breast
    7.99 for lean ground beef
    4.99 for a bag of green beans
    1.99 for a bunch of bananas that is over a KG
    2.99 for a bag of brocolli

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2