Quantcast
Telus Raising Plan Prices... Mobile & Interenets - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Telus Raising Plan Prices... Mobile & Interenets

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by 403ep3
    I have Telus Optik and Internet 15..

Any idea if I am able to cancel my internet and still have optik work? I have to keep the stupid cable because I signed a contract w/ the tv.

I've read online that you can, but has anyone done this? Looking at going with shaw for internet.
    If you don't want the cable you can always cancel and just paid the remainder of the 'gift'

I.E. if it was a 400$ TV on a 3 year term, you would have to pay a cancellation fee of 11$ per month remaining.

It may seem like a waste but if you're cable bill is 100$ a month it's probably cheaper in the long run than keeping something you don't want.

My Ride
    TDi

Thanks for the info. If I wasn't paying $133 for the shit I get then I wouldn't care so much lol
    GO FLAMES GO!

Originally posted by Canmorite
    Just cut Shaw cable today, but somehow their internet 60 plan is $93/month
    I pay $106/mo after tax with no discounts or promotions for Internet 120 from Shaw. I have no other services with them.

My Ride
    Bicycle

People are cutting cable. CRTC is enforcing basic price and unbundling in March.

I'm surprised we are not paying double for internet access just to offset the lost on the TV side of the biz.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Xtrema
    People are cutting cable. CRTC is enforcing basic price and unbundling in March.

I'm surprised we are not paying double for internet access just to offset the lost on the TV side of the biz.
    People though that the CRTC forcing 2 year plans onto providers would make things better. This will be exactly the same, the providers aren't going to take a hit with this.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Have you chaps considered going with one of the resellers. I saw that Lightspeed has a good price and unlimited bandwidth on the cable Internet. I've found football and hockey streams on Reddit so maybe Internet is all you need if it's reliable.

http://www.lightspeed.ca/personaladsl/

I called Telus to cancel, but then Telus offered a bump in speed at a lower price for six months so I kept it.
    Has an IQ of 138, but can't figure out basic algebra.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Hmm.. lightspeed is cheaper than teksavvy by like $3/month if I go with 30mbps cable. Interesting.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Half debating switching to lightspeed but the upfront costs make it not worth it.

Anyone have a modem kicking around they'd sell

My Ride
    Sentra

Is anyone using the 50Mbps+ adsl from lightspeed? Cheaper than I'm paying telus right now but telus is fiber. Telus also tells me I can't get 100Mbps on my fiber oddly enough. $5 unlimited add on for light speed seems like a good deal too. A $200 modem is not a good deal and there doesn't seem to be used ones around.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by GoChris
    Is anyone using the 50Mbps+ adsl from lightspeed? Cheaper than I'm paying telus right now but telus is fiber. Telus also tells me I can't get 100Mbps on my fiber oddly enough. $5 unlimited add on for light speed seems like a good deal too. A $200 modem is not a good deal and there doesn't seem to be used ones around.
    If you have Telus fiber you may not be able to get adsl. My house doesn't actually have phone lines run to it so I can't go adsl route.

If you're in a older home that had fiber added you'd be fine, but newer houses in the last couple years might not be able to get it.

Originally posted by GoChris
    The inability to offer 100Mbs is probably due to TELUS' inside or outside plant equipment in your central office serving area or a combination thereof.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I just got an email from Telus with a "free choice of a gift with no strings attached". You could pick a $20 donation to a charity, a $20 gift card, or a pair of movie tickets. Sneaky bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Sentra

Originally posted by pheoxs

If you have Telus fiber you may not be able to get adsl. My house doesn't actually have phone lines run to it so I can't go adsl route.

If you're in a older home that had fiber added you'd be fine, but newer houses in the last couple years might not be able to get it.
    I had DSL for a couple months before I was able to get fiber. So I think I have the lines coming in for it.

Originally posted by pheoxs

Yeah this is what Lightspeed told me when I called about ADSL. So we talked about getting cable Internet instead. I wanted the unlimited bandwidth so I didn't care about not having access to ADSL.
    Last edited by PeterGTiR; 02-03-2016 at 03:54 PM.
    Has an IQ of 138, but can't figure out basic algebra.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2