Quantcast
Summer Mens Hockey League's - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Summer Mens Hockey League's

My Ride
    Mk6 GTi

Default Summer Mens Hockey League's

Looking to play hockey this summer, I played the last 4 summers and winters in Edmonton with NCHL. I know NCHL is in Calgary too, but what are some of the better leagues to play in?
    Earlier ice times?
    Fee's are not an issue, most leagues are 20$/game+.

Ive looked at SCMHL, HNA etc. I live in Chaparral, so preferably something south.

If anyone needs a player, I GM'd a team for 3/4 years in Edmonton, played all positions, Div 5,6, ring'ed for a few teams in lower and higher div's. Worked with the nchl development team for 2 years as well, don't mind playing very low div's as long as it's with good people.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I play NCHL for winter and summer. The summer times are prices are MUCH better than the winter (my game tonight starts at 1045pm) but the summer is great for ice times. Ive looked at some of the other leagues as well but some of them dont allow slapshots and have some weird rules so i stick with the NC league. We are always looking for guys/subs on our to so send me a PM if you like and Ill drop you a line when we need people to check it out. Our team is a great group of guys and we are in the south league as well so ice times are usually south fish creek, trico, okotoks (im in Cranston).
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Mk6 GTi

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    I play NCHL for winter and summer. The summer times are prices are MUCH better than the winter (my game tonight starts at 1045pm) but the summer is great for ice times. Ive looked at some of the other leagues as well but some of them dont allow slapshots and have some weird rules so i stick with the NC league. We are always looking for guys/subs on our to so send me a PM if you like and Ill drop you a line when we need people to check it out. Our team is a great group of guys and we are in the south league as well so ice times are usually south fish creek, trico, oklotoks (im in Cranston).
    Right on, what div is your team? How many players show up per game? Im happy with 10-13 players max!

My Ride
    NC1

My team is signed up for Div 10 NCHL South for summer. I'm looking for a puck moving defenseman .... haha who am I kidding but let me know if it would interest you!

My avatar is the team logo, sweet jerseys I tell you. Just looking at your vehicle list you seem like a chill guy.

Anyway not sure how Edmonton operates but Div 10 South Calgary, while still tier3, rules are: 3 goals max per game by one player, fair player warning (meaning you can't single handedly control the game aka ringer) I find they are more lenient because the competition is quite good.

For example my team is div11 right now and we are sorta 10.5, a bit too good for 11 but not quite good enough for 10 so being GM I'm making some roster moves for the summer season.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Hey guys I'm also looking for a team to play on for the Summer.

I play D.

My Ride
    Mk6 GTi

Originally posted by max_boost
    My team is signed up for Div 10 NCHL South for summer. I'm looking for a puck moving defenseman .... haha who am I kidding but let me know if it would interest you!

My avatar is the team logo, sweet jerseys I tell you. Just looking at your vehicle list you seem like a chill guy.

Anyway not sure how Edmonton operates but Div 10 South Calgary, while still tier3, rules are: 3 goals max per game by one player, fair player warning (meaning you can't single handedly control the game aka ringer) I find they are more lenient because the competition is quite good.

For example my team is div11 right now and we are sorta 10.5, a bit too good for 11 but not quite good enough for 10 so being GM I'm making some roster moves for the summer season.
    Are you guys playing right now? I'll come out and watch your game on the 30th, see if I think I would be the right fit. Yea I'm a chill guy, and am a reliable puck moving defensman, dont have much for a slap shot though. Maybe ZFan and I make up your third line def pairing :P

My Ride
    NC1

sounds good! So many guys on this forum play I've lobbied Kenny rage to supply jerseys for a team beyond lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by max_boost
    sounds good! So many guys on this forum play I've lobbied Kenny rage to supply jerseys for a team beyond lol
    YES
    Euro league style jerseys with beyond sponsors plastered everywhere

My Ride
    TRD Pro

I'll be in WRAHL Summer again, worked out quite well as every game is at SAIT, and I think the latest ice time last summer was 9:30. Not a ton of divisions so some of them ca be uneven.

Originally posted by gregrego

Are you guys playing right now? I'll come out and watch your game on the 30th, see if I think I would be the right fit. Yea I'm a chill guy, and am a reliable puck moving defensman, dont have much for a slap shot though. Maybe ZFan and I make up your third line def pairing :P
    You pass, I'll shoot. ;-)