Quantcast
What is your next car? - Page 23 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23

Thread: What is your next car?

I will never own another ecoboost again. We had nothing but problems with our Expedition. New timing set/tensioner, cam phaser, front cover, rear main seal, coils, plugs, and a decent coolant leak that I can’t recall the cause. All this by 67,000 km. Glad that things gone tbh.

To add to the thread, I’ve kinda got my eye on the new Acura TLX for myself and a toss up between another new Sequoia or Yukon for wife. She won’t get a new ride till our current lease is up in mid 2023 but mine is up in December. Wild card (practical side) we may also look at a Pacifica or Sienna plug in hybrid and I may consider a RAV4 prime.

Looking at the new Sequoia as well, but by the looks of it that’s not happening until late 2023 or 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty 88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will never own another ecoboost again. We had nothing but problems with our Expedition. New timing set/tensioner, cam phaser, front cover, rear main seal, coils, plugs, and a decent coolant leak that I can’t recall the cause. All this by 67,000 km. Glad that things gone tbh.

To add to the thread, I’ve kinda got my eye on the new Acura TLX for myself and a toss up between another new Sequoia or Yukon for wife. She won’t get a new ride till our current lease is up in mid 2023 but mine is up in December. Wild card (practical side) we may also look at a Pacifica or Sienna plug in hybrid and I may consider a RAV4 prime.
    I bought my father a Pacifica PHEV a few years ago, it's been excellent, not a single problem despite being "Chrysler". The plug in charging usually gets to 100% from 10 to 20% overnight off a regular wall socket, and is good for at least 50km city driving in my experience, and I've gotten 65km a couple times. Since the vast majority of the driving this van does is city bebopping about in a town of 40k people, it rarely needs fuel. When it does, the v6 motor Chrysler puts in everything is more than adequate. I like the new Sequoia, TLX, and Yukon as well, you can't go wrong with any of your choices IMO. I might be wrong, but I don't think the Sienna is a plug in hybrid.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 08-15-2022 at 10:11 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Sienna is def not a PHEV. Just standard fare toyota hybrid that gives good fuel economy. We get a tad under 1000km in city driving with the 65L tank. Not even sure if Toyota will make a Sienna Prime PHEV, but I got my name on one just in case they do.

We looked at the Pacifica PHEV but no AWD option was a deal breaker.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Saw a GV80 in forest green the other day. I'm in love
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Wife is thinking about maybe replacing her sedan with something a bit newer, she's leaning towards a small SUV but I think I'm going to steer her towards a PHEV like the Fusion Energi. Shame that Lincoln never did a PHEV sedan and only started doing it with recent SUV models.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Saw a GV80 in forest green the other day. I'm in love
    GV70 is less fat, and also less phat.

GV70 is so perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Sienna is def not a PHEV. Just standard fare toyota hybrid that gives good fuel economy. We get a tad under 1000km in city driving with the 65L tank. Not even sure if Toyota will make a Sienna Prime PHEV, but I got my name on one just in case they do.

We looked at the Pacifica PHEV but no AWD option was a deal breaker.
    Ditto on a PHEV Sienna. I wish Chrysler would find a way to accommodate the battery and AWD together - I was ready to upgrade my father's van to the AWD when they announced it, but then quickly found out that it was pick either AWD or PHEV. I switch to studded winters with the current PHEV Pacifica, it's actually not too bad in the winter, better than I thought, but I'd still like the AWD.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Are third gen vipers any good? My neighbor has a nice convertible he’s looking to unload and I might just have to scoop it up

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

There is a guy on kijiji in Calgary that has what looks to be 15 vipers. I think the third gen is the less desirable but would still be fun to bomb around in. I want a 2000 gts, not sure if I can fit three kids in it though.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Are third gen vipers any good? My neighbor has a nice convertible he’s looking to unload and I might just have to scoop it up
    I am sure they are great cars. Persona wise, growing up I used to like them. Now to me there just one step ahead of Corvette. Likely because it's domestic. But I am sure they are fun driving vehicles.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

The one they have at pfaff right now is epic. And same colour as my old M5.
    https://www.pfaffreserve.com/used/ve...id11614701.htm

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I saw that one on AT. His is black, 33k kms and was saying he was thinking $65k would be a fair price.. sounds like a good deal for a manual v10 with a lot of power!
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 08-27-2022 at 12:27 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I am sure they are great cars. Persona wise, growing up I used to like them. Now to me there just one step ahead of Corvette. Likely because it's domestic. But I am sure they are fun driving vehicles.
    I have an 08 convertible (heads/cam/intake/exhaust/tune), 17 acr-e (heads/cam/intake/exhaust/tune) and a 01 rt/10 (fully built engine, novi 2000 ... makes north of 1,000 hp)

Any time I drive them I always end up thinking I'm inside of a trash can with wheels. But Vipers are cool so it's all good ... I just wish they sounded better ... I love how my V8s and V12s sound, but Viper V10, even with a fully built engine and whining supercharger ... ehhhhhhhhhhh
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

One thing that I always thought was funny, and this is purely anecdotal I know, is that boosted vipers would always break when they came to the AJ7 halfmile races. Never saw one make a clean pass, whether it was that yellow turbo GTS or that red one with the F1A procharger lol they came to multiple events and broke every single time.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23