Quantcast
What is your next car? - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your next car?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I bought most of the cars I listed as next for myself all in the same year lol. I'm currently in a WRX and want to upgrade to a STi but I give that less than 10% chance of happening.

My dream is a C6 Z06 and if I make my financial goals mortgage wise happen, I'll be buying one when I turn 31 as a present to myself.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Redlyne_mr2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was digging the ST until we took one in on trade. 1 year old, 22 000kms on it and rear shocks were blown, front sway bar had a hairline crack in it, stitching on the steering wheel had come apart, obvious signs of wear on the drivers seat bolster and a check engine light.

Perhaps this was a bad example but the modern Fords as of late, whether a truck or car seem to be falling back to their old poor build quality habits.
    This is true, i have a friend with a new focus and she has had it in the shop more than its been in her hands.

My Ride
    This and that.

Only if I had 'planned' half the cars I end up getting. lol.

No plans whatsoever...will see what I end up with I guess.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    C63/ISF/M3/CTS-V

Or if I hold out for a couple years, and it's actually a good driver, the Infiniti Q70 with the 400hp turbo.

And probably in the next year or two a CR-V or Rav4 for the wife.
    Well, looks like I fulfilled mine, currently have my ISF. Also shopping for my wife, however looking at nicer options like turbo RDX, Volvo XC60, Maybe Lexus RX or a GX if the right deal comes along (which it probably wont, and I can't justify a new one). Still possible she winds up with a Rav-4 or Forester XT or something, but it's a bit of a long shot cause I want something nicer.

As for an update, my next car will be a crapshoot. Currently on the radar are V60 Polestar, E63 wagon, C63S, Lexus GSF edit: also RS7. I don't want to buy new and get bent on depreciation (less of a worry with the lexus), so will be watching to see how these cars do in the medium term for reliability and price (not talking about the lexus, it will be reliable and probably retain it's value well if the ISF is any indicator. downside is it's far slower and not nearly as nice inside as the MB options I listed). I will likely change my mind once or twice though in the next couple years before I replace my ISF.
    Last edited by bjstare; 08-29-2017 at 11:56 AM.

I will probably flip my lease into a new Civic Hatch in 1.5-3.5 years depending on the improvements made. Or if they ever decide to release the Si in Hatch trim I will swap the lease immediately. I can't see myself needing any more car than this in the foreseeable future. In terms of features, space, performance, and value it checks all the boxes for a low KM driver like myself.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Got a real kick out of reading this thread. Held true to my word: I never buy cars I plan on buying
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

I'm going to get another IS350. My current one I bought new in 2008. It just turned over 200,000 kms and I have never had a major problem with it at all. This time though I will get an AWD version. It wasn't available in AWD in 2008.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I'm not planning on selling the M5 or the wagon any time soon, but late next year I might pick up a foxbody and do a turbo 302 I've always wanted to do. Just a shitty no compromises grudge racer.

My Ride
    NC1

I think I want something but then it'll just end up sitting there for a few years, seldom driven, depreciate and find myself asking, y tho? lol

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

More race cars:

Plan for next season once the reshell of the crashed car is done:

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Well, looks like I fulfilled mine, currently have my ISF. Also shopping for my wife, however looking at nicer options like turbo RDX, Volvo XC60, Maybe Lexus RX or a GX if the right deal comes along (which it probably wont, and I can't justify a new one). Still possible she winds up with a Rav-4 or Forester XT or something, but it's a bit of a long shot cause I want something nicer.

As for an update, my next car will be a crapshoot. Currently on the radar are V60 Polestar, E63 wagon, C63S, Lexus GSF edit: also RS7. I don't want to buy new and get bent on depreciation (less of a worry with the lexus), so will be watching to see how these cars do in the medium term for reliability and price (not talking about the lexus, it will be reliable and probably retain it's value well if the ISF is any indicator. downside is it's far slower and not nearly as nice inside as the MB options I listed). I will likely change my mind once or twice though in the next couple years before I replace my ISF.
    How would one typically approach buying a used luxury vehicle for fair price?

Scope out autotrader for average price and then find out KBB trade in value and meet somewhere in the middle?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Got a real kick out of reading this thread. Held true to my word: I never buy cars I plan on buying
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Next car is 2 years away for me.
    Well I got this part right, with lease timings and what not haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I go down to 1 car, it'd be the new E63S Wagon coming out next year.
    Looking like E53 Coupe for me, or whatever they're going to call it, since gf is moving to a E400 Wagon. After that, probably another 3-4 years, AMG GT C Roadster or Porsche 911 GT3. That's the wish list at this point.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Might finally be time to bite the bullet and pick up a clean Terminator Cobra. One of my all time favorite cars, and that sound with a big Kenne Bell on there

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    I think I want something but then it'll just end up sitting there for a few years, seldom driven, depreciate and find myself asking, y tho? lol
    you just need to drive to places instead of flying all the time. take your car out to van. go get some sushi

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Might finally be time to bite the bullet and pick up a clean Terminator Cobra. One of my all time favorite cars, and that sound with a big Kenne Bell on there
    Oh god yes.

A good friend of mine had one and sold it when it was time to "grow up", he still regrets that decision to this day.

Won't be for me, but will working on a deal tonight to get my Fiance a 2017 Tuscon.
    Last edited by vengie; 08-29-2017 at 01:56 PM.

My Ride
    95B

Macan GTS.
    Now someone please buy my 335 GT

My Ride
    Ram

probably another rx8 r3 or stock s2000 or if im lucky a new civic type R
    Last edited by Sorath; 08-29-2017 at 02:12 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Probably a 2018/2019 Civic, Si at minimum, type R if the availability isn't a shit show

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Hopefully sell the GF RX350 and get either a land cruiser or LX470

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    How would one typically approach buying a used luxury vehicle for fair price?

Scope out autotrader for average price and then find out KBB trade in value and meet somewhere in the middle?
    I usually browse kijiji and autotrader on my spare time (every day or two), always looking at cars on my list. I looked at used ISF's for probably 2 years before I actually ended up buying one, so I had a decent handle on pricing. You can see which ones sell within a day and ones that sit for weeks and kind of infer the price. I don't even bother with KBB, cause at the end of the day market value is what it is and varies wildly from city to city (for example I bought my ISF for ~26k last year, and similar examples are considered a decent deal at 28-30k US in the states, according to all the guys on the ISF forum).

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast