Quantcast
Escape Rooms - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Escape Rooms

My Ride
    G05

Default Escape Rooms

Hey guys,

my boss left me in charge for a team building event. Looking at the escape rooms and wondering feed back on which one is your favorite/why?

Ie. Locked Room, Exit, Escape Together, Level 1.

About 25-30 people. Thoughts?

My Ride
    This and that.

I don't know of any escape rooms that fit that many people together. The maximum I've seen is 10. Unless you intend to have separate groups that won't work. I think the place we went to was called Escape2gether or something and the room we did was prison. It was 6 of us total and it was fun.

If you have a bigger group I'd suggest that Speeders place that has go carts.

My Ride
    G05

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I don't know of any escape rooms that fit that many people together. The maximum I've seen is 10. Unless you intend to have separate groups that won't work. I think the place we went to was called Escape2gether or something and the room we did was prison. It was 6 of us total and it was fun.

If you have a bigger group I'd suggest that Speeders place that has go carts.
    Ya. I spoke to Exit and they said they can do 10 per room and customize it to us. But we can be split up into teams. Doesn't have to be all in one room as no one can accommodate that.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

They do tend to be pretty small. I brought my team of 7 to Escape2Gether and we had a blast. DO recommend as a teambuilding/work venue.

Only ever done Exit Prison Break and had a blast. The first time was during their free promo at the end of Dec...it was so good that I went back and tried again...also because we failed miserably on our first attempt and felt like we needed to redeem ourselves.

I'd definitely recommend it for a team building event. Any more than 6 people will feel a little crammed though.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Am I the only one who WOULDN'T recommend it for team building?
    Maybe it's just the people I went with.

We were at level 1, 8 of us. We get into the 2 rooms where the clues are in opposite rooms so you need to communicate to help eachother out. This one person was loud with non-sense so nobody else could hear eachother or think. This was one of 3 parts and it took us over a half hour to get out...

My Ride
    BB6

Originally posted by jwslam
    Am I the only one who WOULDN'T recommend it for team building?
    Maybe it's just the people I went with.

Agreed. It's awesome activity to do with friends, but could be hit and miss as a work team building event when it comes to splitting people up into groups for each room

Also, I prefer The Locked Room to Escape2Together - better puzzles and friendlier staff.

Can't support that many people, but we did "Escape Room YYC" and I thought it was fantastic. They only have 2 rooms but they're set up really well, even with fake walls and such. There is also an actor in the room with you the whole time in character to keep you on the right track if you are completely off base.

The one thing I've heard about the older companies is that their rooms have wear & tear in key areas, so you can clearly see certain clues that you aren't supposed to, taking away from the experience.