Quantcast
New Home - Negotiating? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: New Home - Negotiating?

Sorry but it's really easy to say I got 25k off a 500k property without giving much away... Let alone the specifics of any deal that vary any negotiation... like is it a spec, has it been sittin forever and 100 other reasons why builders may discount.

But hey I got such a great deal that I'll never share except some very vague answer to pretend I know more then others

I guess you missed my one post in the career section where I talked about specific commission structures from builders.... How much the sales people make and all sorts of other questions about the new home industry. There's also my many posts on the new home industry itself... I wont ask you to put one and one together as you won't figure out the obvious but I'm sure you can pm others who may help you figure it out...

For arguments sake I'll pretend like I know nothing about the new home industry.
    Last edited by gwill; 02-19-2016 at 11:35 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Ohhhhh, so you are a sales monkey that no one cares about? That makes a lot more sense, considering you don't seem to know your head from your ass like most "salespeople".

When I buy a car, the last person I care to ask for their opinion/information is a salesperson. Same goes for with a property At least you've admitted you know SFA, now I can ignore you

You bought a Carlisle condo which means you'll be bankrupt in a few years. Mr astute businessman who pretends to pay trades minimum wage while he lives in the ghetto sure has a big mouth.

What's the income needed for a Carlisle condo? $30k? Congrats on this purchase. Did you splurge on the $7k down payment or did you ask mommy for this? I bet you took advantage of their payment plans over a few years.

Must suck having to purchase the cheapest possible condo on the market because that's all you can afford while pretending to live a lie online. What kind of riff raff do you live with... #etownballers #carlislecondoking

My Ride
    Hatred

Hey guys your cunts are showing.
    -U

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Bumping an old thread: I saw a home in Symons Gate (Albi home. Verona)

http://alberta.brookfieldresidential...whome_id=17349

They want $630,000 with the basement. How much can I negotiate if I want "speakers throughout the house, basement fully finished, quartz counters, chef's kitchen, cabinets to the ceiling hardwood floors (Instead of Vinyl plank) and glass railings on the stairs.

Is $600,000 too low?
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

There are 100 variables to your question that it makes it impossible to answer. You might want to provide a bit more info.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Wow Albi does not negotiate at all. He didn't care if i walked.

He said, "We don't negotiate and don't even try to because Albi won't even look at your price. They let someone walk because they didn't take off $10,000 on a home that was over a million"

He also said that "If Albi lowered their price for you, than other People who bought from Albi would be chocked and that's not what we do here at Albi"

Hard to believe him.

Have you not read this thread at all? It's common for builders not to negotiate. I've walked people out of my show homes before who were unreasonable. I've had $500k house deals fall apart over $400 from the builders...

The larger a builder you buy from the more data they have on what people are willing to pay. They don't need to give someone $10k off if they know everyone else pays list price. Each builder only wants so much exposure on specs as well... So why lower your margin if you know all other houses are selling for more.

With that said $10k off on any larger priced home isn't unreasonable. You were probably asking for so much stuff that the builders rep didn't want to waste any time with you. Nothing wrong with wanting a deal but expecting $50k discount is hilariously out to lunch.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Yeah i guess you're right. Is Albi homes good builder? Compared to Jayman, Morrison, Sterling etc? Never built a house before so we're kinda scared.

Originally posted by R!zz0
    Yeah i guess you're right. Is Albi homes good builder? Compared to Jayman, Morrison, Sterling etc? Never built a house before so we're kinda scared.
    Albi is good. But it's like asking is GM a good car maker? Compared to Ford, Dodge or Nissan?

All those big builders use the same trades people. Most of them offer entry level homes as well as higher-end homes.

Pretty much "same-shit, different pile". They all pay the same prices for materials and trades labour, so basically you're getting the same deal no matter who you go with.

They can dress up their offers and make it seem like you're getting a better deal, just like Cel companies and cable companies do.

Home builders employ terrible business people. In Calgary these companies have had it so damn easy for the last decade they treat people like shit. If there were some half intelligent people working at a company you could probably do pretty well. Avi wouldn't make a deal and we were only $5,000 last year. I walked and they actually got quite rude with me. Once they started being dicks I laughed and said I would bet them the $5,000 they wouldn't sell it for more then my offer. Too bad they were afraid to make a wager as they ended up selling for $20,000 less then my offer was 6 months later once the market continued to drop. I ended up getting a way nicer place for the price they were asking a few months later.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-16-2019 at 02:03 PM.

My Ride
    TDi

Avi had nice people in Nolan, but they never got back to us with a quote. Not sure if they forgot, didn't care, or thought we couldn't afford the house because we were younger.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Originally posted by Type_S1
    Avi wouldn't make a deal and we were only $5,000 last year. I walked and they actually got quite rude with me. Once they started being dicks I laughed and said I would bet them the $5,000 they wouldn't sell it for more then my offer. Too bad they were afraid to make a wager as they ended up selling for $20,000 less then my offer was 6 months later once the market continued to drop. I ended up getting a way nicer place for the price they were asking a few months later.
    They're all fucking greedy bastards. I had the same problem before i bought a "Quick possession home" in Sage Hill. I offered Excel home (Monarch hill) in Skyview ranch for $415,000 and said no. They wanted a full price of $420,000, but Excel told me that there was "room to negotiate" I'm so glad we didn't buy a home there and ended up in a way better area for a better home with all the upgrades and $20,000 cheaper.

I love when people say they got a better and bigger house for cheaper in another area. For the most part that builder probably builds a lower quality spec... Or the land values can be drastically different. Little details in the spec vary wildly between builders.... It's near impossible to compare actual spec as they don't give a detailed list until you buy.

Do they do soil samples? Do they bury garbage on your lot? How many soil samples... There are a million things people never ask about in a house that cost $$. Most people only ask or care about what they can see... As long as it's bigger in square footage and you get more "upgrades" then people are happy.

In one case one of these builders building bigger cheaper houses with more upgrades had a house where the foundation sunk 10 inches.. Just out of warranty this cost the home owner 50-60k. Guess what the builder saved by not doing soil samples at the time? $500.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5