Quantcast
Fucking Cancer.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fucking Cancer....

Default Fucking Cancer....

June 20, 2013 One of my best friends died of Cancer.
    He and his family went through hell during the whole ordeal. While fighting it, he lost his job. Medical didn't cover a lot of the expenses.
    His wife tried to support the whole family with her part-time job at WalMart. When she missed too many days trying to help care for her husband, they fired her. He passed the day after the floods started, and his wife was left to care for their 3 year little boy and 6 year old little girl.
    Thomas went into the hospital recently with Bells Palsy, and just last night got the word he has Cancer.

We get inundated with requests to help people, I know. But I'm going to throw this out there. Please share it with everyone/anyone you know. April has had it tough enough trying to raise this family on her own. I can't imagine having to go through this again.

A fighting Chance For Thomas
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 02-04-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Sad to hear... I donated what I could.

Hope he pulls through.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

That's tragic...

My thoughts are with the fam... Just donated.
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

I just wanted to pop back in there to say thank you to the beyonders that contributed. (I was away in Edmonton at a Special Olympics floor hockey tournament and haven't had time to post).

This is a family that has always had a hard time financially so any little bit that is given is a huge help to them.

Update: Thomas has soft tissue Sarcoma. Most of the tumours are around the ear and neck/shoulder area. The plan is to start radiation on Wednesday. Monday they are operating on his lungs and will be placing stints in the shoulder/collarbone are. It's a good possibility he will lose his hearing.

He did get a visit from Batman the other day that really lifted his spirits.

Thank you again beyond....

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 02-07-2016 at 04:34 PM.

I'm going to bump this thread, not necessarily for the beyond members' but just so it's in the search spiders and for anyone to please share it far and wide.

I tried contacting Global News and CTV News, in hopes they may share it or even do a story on it. (I've seen less important feel good "stories" in their news , so who knows)

I'll also share a clearer explanation of what exactly is happening with this little guy and his family:

A fighting Chance For Thomas

April Johnson is a mother of two small children, Irene (age 8) and Thomas (age 5). They lost their dad and husband two years ago to cancer. After his death, April became a bus driver for children with special needs. This allowed her to balance single parenting with work. This is a giant feat for any single parent.
    Recently, Thomas developed an ear infection that wouldn’t respond to antibiotics. It burst his ear drum, doing damage to many other parts in his ear, which has rendered him deaf in that ear and paralyzed the left side of his face. He was promptly admitted to the Children’s Hospital for further testing. Thomas was diagnosed with Rhabdomyosarcoma; a growing cancerous tumor between the muscle tissues behind his ear. As of this week, it is being treated with both chemo and radiation.
    While this is occurring, April’s family and friends have rallied behind her to help look after Thomas at the hospital and Irene at home. But the longer term financial support is needed to pay rent, house bills, fuel and groceries as a leave of absence is necessary to care for Thomas in the hospital.
    Please consider donating. Your generosity is most appreciated.
    Thank you from the bottom of our hearts
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 02-08-2016 at 06:10 PM.

My Ride
    93 integra

Is that Batman a beyond member, if so, pretty damn awesome of whomever that was.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Donated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Donated.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.